Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties!

Trinity - I'm glad to see you came right back. Sorry you had a rough night and that you're paying for it this morning. That's the thing about alcohol, it pretends to be our friend then it attacks us. I'm sure the buzz was not worth what you're feeling right now. I've never had SO much fun that the hangover was worth it...ever! Just think of your sweet little boy, the image of him going upstairs holding his teddy made me smile...they are so innocent and trusting. I always say that I got sober for my daughter, but I STAY sober for me, which benefits us both. You can do it too! Please stick close. Every time I drank I started by distancing myself from MWO....so please don't go anywhere...we can help get you through the tough times.

C-D - Wow I am impressed by how well you're doing in Sin City. I'll bet nobody even noticed what you were (or weren't) drinking. And I know what you mean about those beds at those hotels...most people don't notice how comfy they are because they are passed out on them! Keep up your good work...repeat your plan from yesterday and I think you're gonna be golden. So proud of you!

Hi Byrdie and Lav - We fly by each other all day on the other threads...sooo HI! LOL

My daughter is getting her beautiful hair cut tonight, she is determined to have it short :upset: I've tried everything to change her mind...to no avail. I told her my only rule that it looks nothing like Miley Cyrus! Good heavens. LOL

Everyone stay strong and stay close!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Edit to correct. Try this but take out the spaces:

[ url=https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html]Newbies Nest[ /url]
      [ url=https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html]Toolbox[/url ]

Byrdlady;1552353 wrote: NoSugar, typos will NOT be tolerated. NO SOUP for you! I didn't see no typos. But it all looked like gobbledegook to me. Code? What code? Did you see a code?
      :sofa:

No code here.....
      Then just test it to make sure it is an active link.

Hope that does it .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Omg if I eat anymore i'll pop!dure helps tame the beast though ... I can hear him starting to say I made it to day 3 so I need to celebrate.... Ugh!hope u r well trinity!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, I know those SQ injections can be tiresome, they are temporary but doing an important job for you right now Hang in there!

K9, I happen to be a bifg fan of short hair ~ a necessity for me really d/t crappy hair & my unwillingness to fight with it any more :H How short does she want to go??

Hi NS, Ican & everyone
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone I'm hoping everyone is well

Day one is crappy... I dont really feel anything at the moment just rather numb. The hangover has lurked all day but i did get out to the park with the boy so i feel glad about that. I feel really disgusting, all sweaty and clammy and my head is foggy and blurry. I feel as dull as dishwater. Ive had a good long hard look at myself and i realise i need to take more care of myself. All this drinking ive just let myself go. I need a haircut, need to lose a bit of weight and my skin has seen better days. I look dog rough, and i need to buy some new clothes instead of spending all my money on beer. Im at work early in the morning and working all weekend so im going to do my best to stay off the al and not go in fuzzy as per usual. I'm not going to think too much about the weekend though and just concentrate on tomorrow tonight. Im going food shopping soon, fill my fridge with decent food and eat properly and look after myself more. ive been invited out on Saturday night but i will decline as its being referred to as a "piss up" for my mates birthday. Im too fragile yet to go and stand my ground and not drink so its best i give it a miss altogether. I need to just concentrate on me for a while.

Thanks for listening. Im really glad ive come back to this site x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

I am going to be honest. I just crossed a massive hurdle with a very close friend of mine for 30 years. We had a really good sober night, for once I don't think the Nest is helping me. I'm sorry, but I'll be in PM if anyone needs an ear. Goodnight Nesters:l
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

What was the massive hurdle BH not drinking? Take care and check in, we will miss you xx
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm not sure I understand, either, BH. I hope everything is ok....now I'm worried

Trinity, good to see you up and around. Hope everyone is staying strong and making a good plan for the weekend. Hugs, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello I'm starting my new life to-day
                    I need help thou how do you stop

Comment

Newbies Nest

13, Welcome!! Have you taken a look thru the Tool Box, the link is below. You make a plan NOT to drink and you stick with it. Get all the AL out of your house and surround yourself with things you love to do and eat! Keep yourself full and drink lots of water! Read back a week or so here in the Newbie's nest so you can get to know us. We don't bite and we can help you get this monkey off your back!! We're glad you're here! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello 13! Take a seat. Byrdie has given you some sound advice
                        Trinity- stick close by. Think looking after yourself is a good plan- how can you look after your boy if you aren't well and healthy I also avoids social situations for a bit. Use some excuse- woman's problems migraine etc and take the time for yourself. Like on your shop- get something nice for Saturday night that you can eat- and a nice non AL drink. That way you won't feel like your missing out. If you plan a nice evening in - food bath movie book eta I bet you will be ok! Well done on your D1 and stay strong or tomorrow. Any plans for potential triggers? Sometimes working through them in advance so your prepared will help :-)
                        Broken Halo- please share more- hope you are ok :-)

Off to bed- absolutely shattered. Actually had fleeting moments of AL xonsprion sneaky in today- bloody evil!!!!!

Night night all and stay safe x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi 13. Nice to meet you and welcome. I like your positive attitude - "I'm starting my new life to-day." Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Trinity - hang in there. The first few days are always rough. I think it's a very good idea for you to concentrate on yourself for a while. I know we all talk about eating a lot here, and it is critical, but you have the right idea - good food really helps. I notice that when I eat junk, it doesn't help quite as much with the cravings as when I eat healthy, nutritious food.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am ashamed to say that I am drinking again....but I am here so something inside of me is telling me that this has got to stop.
                            Highly functioning now, but feel the slow spiral downward upon me.
                            I am sorry to let everyone down....especially myself.
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie, AL is a bitch. Looky here, pick yourself up and brush off. We don't execute people for starting over thank god!! It only takes a couple good AF days under your belt to feel like your old self again! So glad to see you here, now let's get you back on your feet. Much love, Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters, a Friday here, now what does Friday mean, yes the weekend. My thinking is it is no different to any other day but.....

Byrdie thanks for the advice it is always more than welcome. The devil is on my shoulder this morning and how many times can i possibly tell him to bugger off before he listens. Gees he needs to give me a break. But staying positive.

Min, ok yes Coles/Woolworths it is. They have home deliveries but hey I have 5/6 bottleshops in a small radius so it was always call in on the way home. I live in melbourne and moved here 6 years ago after my marriage broke up (not due to AL) as he was a drinker too and a lazy lazy man. The kids moved with me and we love it here except for the cold weather which i should not bitch about really compared to your cold.

Dottie I hope you get better soon and keep up the good work.

Ican, god when those cravings come for sugar its like you have to eat a whole shop of it. I am not even a chocolate person but cant get enough at the moment. Keep going!

Trinity glad that you are staying strong, the total crap feeling passes but feeling crap without a hangover is so much better when you think about it. Keep on here and I hope you keep strong and going. Oh the "piss ups" , they were major blackout material of what did i do and the hangover the next day, god forget that. Write a list of positives and put it on the fridge for yourself to remind of why you want to stop and how much better you feel. My skin feels better, i got told i look great the other day. The bags under my eyes are still there but they will go when my body gets used to no AL.

13S welcome and keep on here.

Moss hello how is your day going? Keep in touch.

Jenni, you have not let anyone down. When i have a fall i feel so guilty about posting on here but never a negative word is spoken or has been to me only encouragement.

Well after that waffle i had better do some work. Stafe safe everyone.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X