Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I don't think it's you trinity ... They have had people get on here and truly not be trying to quit and start waxing poetic about how they love to drink but know they need to stop and Go on about why they cant stop then get on drunk talking about how great they feel but will regret it in the morning - those are the ones that make it hard on us NOT you even though you struggled the other night ..... IMO anyway

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdie. You said that perfectly. The nest is a wonderful place to be when you feel weak. I spend a lot of time here on the weekends reinforcing my quit.
      Talk to everyone later.
      Lifechange yes that is one of my beagles. That's Dolly. She is a ham. She loves to put on a show for the camera. Halloween is a fun time for us. We get out the bag of costumes and play for hours. Then I send pics to walgreens and make cards with them. Hours of na fun.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Agree with Ican...NOT you Trinity! It's been in the past...I don't think it's happened recently. You are trying, and you are posting honestly about your struggles...we understand that. So please don't stop posting or change what you want to say. We can tell you are sincere in your efforts :h
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey trinity! I really want to second the others- your not the one boasting about your drinking. In fact you're asking for help so definitely not you. I hope your strong to those outside drinkers. I sitting here- actually contemplated a drink! I am glad to say I sorbet. Late dinner as a family member birthday and then be for me. Long time I have done this many days straight. Specially a Friday night. That's something to be proud of eh trinity?

Will be back after dinner. Stay strong nesters x

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was at project site most of the day and got back in to my office about an hour ago. In the course of an hour I've developed an incredible fatigue, big time headache, very fuzzy head, trouble focusing and not feeling too well. kinda like a big ole hangover. I quit 40 days ago, is this normal? Feels like I'm back at day 1. I've experienced something simialr on occasion but not to this level. Dont want to scare any other newbie since our reactions to quitting are and will be different and BTW I was a heavy heavy drinker who quit and restarted far too many times over many years. Just wondering. I'm going to get out of here and climb into bed.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

TJAF, you could be coming down with something!! That sounds like me Wednesday late afternoon, out of nowhere, and it ended up being a huge head cold which is almost gone. Could it be? Is some bug going around there? I hope you're able to get some relaxation time this evening. and some good sleep!

Super to see you on day 2, Trinity! You will be so happy that you stuck to your guns.

I'm going to hit the hay-- Have a nice af evening everyone and see you tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again,

Im probably just being a bit oversensitive, ive been like that the last few days really but its getting better I'm staying well away from those outside, ive just been offered a rum and coke but said no Im at work again early in the morning so theres no way im starting drinking now. Ive held out this long. Tbh he's just come in and he's half cut. I'm honestly NOT judging him but i never realised how loud and annoying people become when they're drunk, usually im drunk with them. He's gone back outside now and i reckon it will go on for a while.......

I feel really pleased that i've not had any al and instead ive got my clothes ready for work in the morning, ironed my trousers, made my lunch to take and organised my bag!!! I know im going to be so pleased waking up on day three and instead of having a massive hangover as usual I'll make breakfast and be organised. Usually im running around feeling awful on the last minute and contemplating ringing in sick (again...) because i feel like im going to hurl....

Well done for not having that drink minstar:l enjoy your dinner. Hope you feel well again soon TJAF. thanks for your kind words K9 and Ican

I'll be off to bed soon, up at 5.30am xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Min good morning here, i woke up fine and dandy. My son had his friend around and was drinking cans of bourbon but not a thought crossed my mind, wine is my downfall and if none in the house all good. I have a garage to clean today so that will keep me occupied.

Good advice Byrdie and very true. I think we beat ourselves up so much also but if i fall i do feel someone should say wtf did u do that for but then i would probably think "thats a bit harsh" so cant win really.

Ican it feels great to wake up "normal". I woke at 6.30am and other than thinking god way too early I feel a million dollars.

Hadit and Enough where are you?
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you Trinity, you should be very proud, being determined about giving up is a big plus. My big plus to giving up AL was falling flat on my face at my nieces 21st birthday party. A big "look at yourself" for me and at nearly 50 and not a good look. Take one day at a time and dont you feel so much better already.

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=trinity8753;1552843]Hi again,

Im probably just being a bit oversensitive, ive been like that the last few days really but its getting better I'm staying well away from those outside, ive just been offered a rum and coke but said no Im at work again early in the morning so theres no way im starting drinking now. Ive held out this long. Tbh he's just come in and he's half cut. I'm honestly NOT judging him but i never realised how loud and annoying people become when they're drunk, usually im drunk with them. He's gone back outside now and i reckon it will go on for a while.......

I feel really pleased that i've not had any al and instead ive got my clothes ready for work in the morning, ironed my trousers, made my lunch to take and organised my bag!!! I know im going to be so pleased waking up on day three and instead of having a massive hangover as usual I'll make breakfast and be organised. Usually im running around feeling awful on the last minute and contemplating ringing in sick (again...) because i feel like im going to hurl....

Well done for not having that drink minstar:l enjoy your dinner. Hope you feel well again soon TJAF. thanks for your kind words K9 and Ican

Good for you don't know how I will handle a crowd and still not drink

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hematologist and nurse practitioner saw me today. The NP had ordered the clotting factor tests at the hospital and they did not show anything. They want me to get a CT and colonoscopy but other than that they have no clue what caused this. So the doc thinks I will need to stay on the Coumadin forever..boohiss…..
                        I will schedule the above tests in the next few weeks.
                        dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Dottie- hope the tests resolve things for you
                          Available- cleaning a garage huh? Think how you'd jot have had energy to do such things just a few weeks ago. Like you I am more wine but I knew I was in trouble when I hit the harder stuff if no wine. I know I am on a dangerous dangerous road when that happened/happens.
                          Have a lovely day there :-) I've just got all coat in bed.

Thanks - dinner was lovely LC. I ate far too much but there you go. I guess once I have a few solid AF months behind me I can consider a diet lol

Well I'm turning in for the night. Hope everyone is safe this evening x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie hope all goes well, at least they are trying to figure out what is the matter. I work in the medical profession and a lot of drs just think oh well cant figure it out, give up. Fingers crossed they find out. Stay strong.

Min two weeks ago i was lucky to hang two loads of washing out and that was the totality of my housework for the weekend. I was to the stage of drinking my sons cans also and that was after i had drank two bottles of wine, of course i needed more. FFS what was i thinking. Sleep well and may you awake without a headache (which i did wake up to again this morning). At least I am not bone tired anymore and sleeping so much better.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters. I'm a bit behind on what's going on, but it looks like everyone is doing well and sticking close.

Dottie - Fingers crossed that they figure out what is wrong soon, so you can stop worrying and start healing.

C-dev - Good job on staying the course. Now about that girl....LOL!!

Trinity - Hang in there. It's very difficult when you have to be around others drinking so early on. But sounds like you are determined.

NS - I have taken note and will never again use the word "slip" again. If I remember clearly (and I do) the last time I chose to drink, I had to go through very deliberate steps to make it happen - go to the store, buy the wine, etc. Not a slip in my opinion either.

Bhalo. I am so glad you posted. Your honesty is refreshing, and what you had to say is important. There has been quite a bit of talk in the last few days about the need for us to stay authentic in our posts, and speak our truth - not just what we think others want to hear. I'll do it for you, if you promise to do it for me. Sometimes, I need a virtual smack-upside-the-head to keep me on track. Your posts are always compassionate and wise and if you were to leave the nest permanently, your absence would be felt my many. xx
                              Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Middle of day 2 - Friday night approaches. I told the husband to not bring home any wine. He's the biggest enabler I have...he's worse than my own addiction. but I pray that he's actually listened to me and didn't buy any. But even if he has it's up to me to not drink. Weekends will probably be the hardest to adjust to, at least for a while. But I remain hopeful.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Here's to wishing us all a happy, safe and sober weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X