Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning,

Hi Lav, Yes we do have that wonderful sun. I'm thankful. will layer up though.

I commit to AF Thursday. Have alot to do. so off for now. MM

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to any Newbies and nesters, It is Thursday evening and the threads are a little light.

Thats OK. I've noticed that trend since I started in November. It does get tougher as the week goes on. For me too. If you are reading this I wish you Love. Hang in there and take it all a step at a time. Start over any day and as many days as you can. Every day is a success and this month with the Holidays is quite tough.

:l's to all MM

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi.

Lav, MM, always a pleasure.

MM I caught your comment yesterday but forgot to mention it: "
        TW, So happy you sound so great and positive". Thanks for the comp. I've been having a lot more good days than bad lately. It might be related to not drinking, not hung over, not in the fog and learning a lot!

I never caught the pattern in the posts - but you're probably right. Or maybe everyone's out christmas shopping.

Lav, how's the baking coming? Cookies? Or what?

Hi to all who might swoop in.
        tw
        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Yes Tranq - cookies today, 4 kinds. May even do a few more tomorrow

MM, Things do get a little quiet at times but nothing to worry about! Folks around the world are shopping, baking, decorating, fa la la!!!! We're kind of stuck out in the boonies here so I do the large majority of my shopping online. The UPS delivery guy & I have become good friends

I do wish everyone a comfy, safe night! Stay warm, it's down to 25 here!!
          The night light is on.........
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where I am, it's been 40 degrees celsius this week, more than 100 farenheit, it's mild again now. I went out to see my addictions counsellor on the hottest day, he gave me a lift home afterwards. It's the sort of weather it's easy to call in someplace and get a drink. It's difficult for me to imagine temperatures in the minuses.

In Australia sometimes we also have Christmas in July because often it's too hot for a traditional Christmas meal in December.

Made it through 60 days with no problems. My counsellor thinks that I've 'broken the addiction' and says he thinks I'm going to make it. I'd like to think so. I could be doing more exercise, will go check out that section of the forum.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good frosty morning Nesters!

Mel, so good to hear your news! Congratulations on your 60 AF days - terrfiic You must feel so much better at this point. You are going to make it, congrats again!!!!

Well, we're expecting snow this weekend so I should get out now & gather necessities. Definitely will not waste time stocking up on bottles of wine - love that freedom

Wishing everyone a terrific Friday, will check back later!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Just popped in to see how the nest was doing and...............................(2 part post)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Saw that you were close to post #4,000....well, you're now there. Okay, I cheated a bit, but still. Congrats to all of you....I am quite proud of y'all. You make the nest work for so many. Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon nesters,

Renew, pretty funny:H

Mel, :goodjob: That is so great! 60 days!!

TW, Lav and all else who stop by, I wish everyone an AF day.
                    I just got back from a hair cut . Looking tres chic.. My other 2 college children are coming home tomorrow so it may be difficult to find time and privacy to post. My children love hanging around with me which I'm grateful for most of the time. May have to take the lap top into the bathroom.
                    :ls to all MM

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mel - "Made it through 60 days with no problems. My counsellor thinks that I've 'broken the addiction' and says he thinks I'm going to make it. I'd like to think so."

Woo Woo!!! Way to go Mel on 60. Your counselor sounds fantastic. I think you've made it too. Exercise is a great plan - I do it regularly and it feels great. I've even been getting to the gym early on Saturday and Sunday mornings sometimes - something I'd never even consider with a hangover. Freedom! Choices! Awesome!

Renewal - pretty sneaky! This place has been a good spot - thanks!

Lav - you have a lovely voice - fa la la! And I can almost smell those cookies here.

Mighty, have fun with those kids while they're in town. My son is coming in from school too, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with him as well!

Take care all.
                      tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Pops, G - so nice to see you Thanks for helping us get to the 4000 posts point! Hope you are well!!

OK, I think I'm prepared for what's about to come - 14" of snow!!!!!!!!!! Yikes, that's a lot of snow for those of us residing on the right coast! Oh well, may as well sit back & enjoy it
                        Tranq, I imagine you're a bit more used to that amount of snow.......any advice???

Mel & MM, hope you both had a good day, AF of course!

Wishing everyone a warm & cozy night in the nest.
                        The night light will be on!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Tranq, I imagine you're a bit more used to that amount of snow.......any advice???"

Start heading south!!! Ha!

Seriously, once it hits you're stuck. That much snow would pretty much shut down Chicago for a couple days. 8-10" makes just pulling a car away from the curb a challenge - SUVs help. One Valentines Day we took 10 inches in five hours at mid-day - it took six hours to make a forty-five minute commute home that night. My trail derailed in the rail yard - among other difficulties. If you need anything from store - get it before you get stuck at home.

Take care!
                          tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've never seen snow in my life for real Lavande, first time I ever saw hail I thought that might be snow. It's a topsy turvy part of the world sometimes. It's one of the funny things about participating in forums. Thanks for the encouragement guys, I do feel quite positive at the moment about things.

I'm not very fit, though I don't need to lose weight. I think I may start off with walking, I'm glad that the exercise requirements for the program aren't too intense, but I will gradually build it up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Late night weather update for Tranq.........
                              One of the weather guys is predicting up to 20" of snow............horrors!!!!
                              I sure hope he's just kidding........really

Mel, I cordially invite you to share my snow!!!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mel - walking is great exercise -- and it's free -- and it doesn't take special skills -- and if you've never seen snow that means you can pretty much do it any time you want to without freezing anything off.

Good idea!

Lav - hmmm. 20 inches. Nasty. Hope it misses you!

Btw - shoveling snow can be dangerous if you're not used to it, so go slow with everything. On the bright-side, It'll melt by spring!

tw

Comment

Working...
                                X