Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello & welcome Scarey! I hope you have had a safe night.
    Seeking medical help is wise in certain situations. The shaking is a sign of withdrawal. you can get an Rx from a doc to help. Please drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Greetings to one & all & sending wishes for a terrific AF Saturday

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Off to get blood test. Not sleeping well at all...so much going through my head. I am lucky to be here and I know that...
      Day 7 no alcohol...should not drink with the coumadin so even more reason to stay on the straight and narrow....
      Hope we can find something fun to do today..
      dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Scarey I am so sorry you are having to go through this but we all have. I have many times. The shakes usually subside in about 24-36 hours some sooner some take longer. The best thing to do is go to the dr and be honest and get meds to help. If that is not an option I found Benadryl helps some but not a lot. Drink plenty of fluids, rest and stay close to the nest.

This can be a dangerous situation so if you feel necessary go to the emergency room, it would be better to be kicked out than be dead. Think about your daughter.

Nothing but love and prayers your way.
        JDG
        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1552839 wrote: Good evening Nester
          TJAF, you could be coming down with something!! That sounds like me Wednesday late afternoon, out of nowhere, and it ended up being a huge head cold which is almost gone. Could it be? Is some bug going around there? I hope you're able to get some relaxation time this evening. and some good sleep!

Super to see you on day 2, Trinity! You will be so happy that you stuck to your guns.

I'm going to hit the hay-- Have a nice af evening everyone and see you tomorrow.
          Thanks lifechange. Feel a bit better but the headache is still there. I may be coming down with somethink but I just read an article that this is something to expect for the first year. I'm ok with that, sure beats drinking. Had a super vivid dream in which I had a glass of wine. I could literally taste it. In the dream I was horrified thinking how was I gonna handle posting the news on MWO. HA
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick message from my iPhone this morning. I took everything Las Vegas could throw at me but I still came out on top. Getting packed up after breakfast and then heading to the airport bound for home. Thanks for all the private messages everyone. The motivation was invaluable.

C
            In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

Ive just finished work and had a quick look through all the posts. Glad everyone seems to be doing ok and hanging on in there. Scarey your post jumped out at me as i too have recently been shaking and shivering, rum is my poision it is evil. I'm on day 3 and have found this forum really helpful. I honestly believe that this place is what stopped me from cracking last night. Stay strong and keep coming back is the best advice i can give you :l

Gonna have to fly.... duty calls again, got a hungry toddler and a house full of crap since he has been hung over all day and done sod all since ive been at work.

Trinity - Day three!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all - been invited out to a party at short notice. It won't be like a college party. It will be more like a family party with various age groups there.

I don't want to be a recluse. And I definitely don't want to drink. I need to get out to these social events - it is not healthy to hold myself back all of the time is it?

I just don't feel ready to go out to this sort of event AF, yet. Well not tonight anyway.

Also, people will be there who I made a complete idiot out of myself in front of at the last party when I was completely wrecked. So I guess I am kind of hiding myself away a bit too.

So again, Saturday night just checking in again. The night when it is most likely to go Pete Tong. Need to live life by my own ideals - not what I think others think. But I also need to stop turning down social situations, as they will dry up eventually.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I lost my australian passport. Cannot stop drinking. I had 6 months AF. Blew it all. I am in Japan now. What to do with lost passport?
                  We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Available and Dot Belle, congratulations on 7 days AF!!! This entitles you to a good mooning!!

:moon::moon:

Look how they shine!!! Here's for kicking AL's arse for 7 days!! There's not a day that the week can throw at you that you haven't already conquered! GREAT JOB! Here's to many more moons!

Rahul, your mindset is everything in this game. SET YOUR MIND to success and you will have it. You will have to get thru traveling at some point without drinking so it may as well be this next time. You can do it. Take your computer and check in with us! It is amazing how much you can dive into this site when you have some extra time. Traveling does not have to involve drinking....I'm living proof!! I used to arrange my flights thru airports with wine stores in the concourse! UGG....what I slave I was .

Hang it there everyone! Welcome Scarey. I hope your symptoms are subsiding by now, usually by the end of the 3rd day most of us are doing much better....all the AL is out of our bodies and we are running on full power!!

Network, not sure what to do, you might google it and see what it says. Glad to see you again...stick close!!

Have a wonderful Satidy everyone!! Hang tough! It IS worth it. Byrdie

Edit:
                    Londoner, do whatever it takes to get yourself on solid ground. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, this is YOUR life we are talking about. If it takes a few weeks of staying in on the weekends, so be it....it's better than starting over on Day 1. Nothing is worse than that! If you don't feel ready, then I wouldn't go....getting sober is JOB 1. That's my 2 cents.
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

"Here's to many more moons!"
                      Amen to that Byrdlady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1553057 wrote: Off to get blood test. Not sleeping well at all...so much going through my head. I am lucky to be here and I know that...
                        Day 7 no alcohol...should not drink with the coumadin so even more reason to stay on the straight and narrow....
                        Hope we can find something fun to do today..
                        dottie
                        Hello dottie,

Bravo bravo ... You completed 7 days its most challenging and trust me when I tell you another week and you start understanding what AL has done to you and how great is life without.

I have been spending 4 hour with alcohol everyday for last 15 years. 1 hour with hang over and 1 hours every day thinking about where I will be drinking next. 6 hours spoiled in a 12 hour day. In 24 hours we sleep for 12 hours and rest 6 hours for everything else. Career, family, etc etc.

S in a way I have spent 3.5 years with alcohol. ...

You will realise you will have lot of time with you without AL.

Best of luck
                        Rahul
                        --------------------------------------------
                        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                        Rebooting ... done ...
                        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1553142 wrote:

Rahul, your mindset is everything in this game. SET YOUR MIND to success and you will have it. You will have to get thru traveling at some point without drinking so it may as well be this next time. You can do it. Take your computer and check in with us! It is amazing how much you can dive into this site when you have some extra time. Traveling does not have to involve drinking....I'm living proof!! I used to arrange my flights thru airports with wine stores in the concourse! UGG....what I slave I was .
                          Byrdlady, I don't know I am in a battle. I was thinking a lot today evening stressed out lot of work. Tensed as well. Normally with tensions I used to go to AL and just dose myself into it. This time I am facing life after a long time and it does makes me irritated. It's quite an irony. I used to get irritated coz of not getting AL in time ... Now I am get irritated coz of life and its challenges(they were second priority earlier).

Kept thinking quite a lot ... "Should I on my next trip drink or not ...may be I should. Vegas has nice bars ! My resident blood reports came out Lot better thanks to no AL and medicines. Maybe just on this trip." That when I bought a bag of potato chips but that didn't help much.

I have gone beyond physical cravings now. My body does not demand AL anymore so I think at least.

Picture this : I took my family to my cousin sisters daughters first birthday party. As usual the bar was open and I met a cousin of mine who happens to be my drinking buddy. Normally we both used to gulp down drinks and get high.. Today I didn't feel bad at all. Intact I almost felt proud telling him I have been sober for 40days. And actually felt pity for him seeing him gulping down scotch after scotch and seeing him over weight as well. Clearly he is not taking care of his health. He is much younger than me and I remember couple of years used to encourage him a lot to drink. Infant he had his first drink with me only, that makes me sick today.

Point is that was today there wit him having no physical craving for a drink and then here was I thinking the whole day telling myself "maybe it's ok for me to drink on my upcoming trip to Vegas" !
                          Rahul
                          Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all.
                            Just Checking in. On my way back home from my mums and so depressed I know I would turn to a drink if i could when I get home. I need to stay strong!

Trinity! Well done in 3 days and not spending today hungover- roll on day 4!
                            Welcome newbies. Stick close. Sorry I have t personal post people's. I m too demotivated at the moment. :-/

Comment

Newbies Nest

network;1553137 wrote: I lost my australian passport. Cannot stop drinking. I had 6 months AF. Blew it all. I am in Japan now. What to do with lost passport?
                              Hey network,

I beings you should stop counting. The fact that you realise that you didn't do good today itself me that the strong will inside you is still there and makes you realise what is wrong and right. Don't feel bad ... You have conquered 6 month and you didn't blew much. It's just a stumble and you will be back where you were.

Don't be hard on yourself. You have NOT LOST anything. You how have to WiN over AL and we will support you to do it ...

For passport ... You should contact the local embassy in japan
                              Rahul
                              Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

C-Developer;1553097 wrote: Just a quick message from my iPhone this morning. I took everything Las Vegas could throw at me but I still came out on top. Getting packed up after breakfast and then heading to the airport bound for home. Thanks for all the private messages everyone. The motivation was invaluable.

C
                                Hi c developer, you inspire me. ... I'm will be in vegas in just 2 weeks and feel nervous I may to have will to stay sober ...
                                Rahul
                                Rebooting ... done ...

Comment

Working...
                                X