Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I can't remember where the toolbox is - anyone know where it is?
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Tool Box link is below....
      I'm not sure if this is ALL of the problem with the 30 day phenomenon, but from what I see...after the hats are given and the euphoria of accomplishing that wears off, people drift away from this site thinking they have this under control now. I believe that the folks that stay connected to this site have the best chance of making this long term than the ones that drift away. It's a different world out there, and everyone is telling us to drink it up and enjoy ourselves! Only we know the hell it's put us thru, but when we leave our support system, whatever it is, that's when we get swayed into drinking again. There are certainly exceptions to this, but you can tell when the frequency of posting goes down, something is up. The way I look at it is how could I possibly go backwards when I see folks flying in here everyday in the very same hell I was in? It is a constant reminder that I do not want to go back there! I know the nest is not for everyone long term, but it helps me stay grounded. Helping others the way I was helped makes me stronger, too. I know that it's intense around here sometimes and people just want to get on with their lives without seeing this everyday, but it's a fact that this is where we are, and all of us could easily go down the hill again! Staying connected to this site, in my very humble opinion, (or some AL Abuse support group) is the key to getting and staying sober. You'll see very few exceptions to this.
      So stay close ....post....and engage yourself here!
      You don't have to be a statistic!! Stay the course, it's 1000 times easier to maintain than it is to start over!
      Hugs to all, and welcome!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1554322 wrote: The Tool Box link is below....
        I'm not sure if this is ALL of the problem with the 30 day phenomenon, but from what I see...after the hats are given and the euphoria of accomplishing that wears off, people drift away from this site thinking they have this under control now. I believe that the folks that stay connected to this site have the best chance of making this long term than the ones that drift away. It's a different world out there, and everyone is telling us to drink it up and enjoy ourselves! Only we know the hell it's put us thru, but when we leave our support system, whatever it is, that's when we get swayed into drinking again. There are certainly exceptions to this, but you can tell when the frequency of posting goes down, something is up. The way I look at it is how could I possibly go backwards when I see folks flying in here everyday in the very same hell I was in? It is a constant reminder that I do not want to go back there! I know the nest is not for everyone long term, but it helps me stay grounded. Helping others the way I was helped makes me stronger, too. I know that it's intense around here sometimes and people just want to get on with their lives without seeing this everyday, but it's a fact that this is where we are, and all of us could easily go down the hill again! Staying connected to this site, in my very humble opinion, (or some AL Abuse support group) is the key to getting and staying sober. You'll see very few exceptions to this.
        So stay close ....post....and engage yourself here!
        You don't have to be a statistic!! Stay the course, it's 1000 times easier to maintain than it is to start over!
        Hugs to all, and welcome!! Byrdie
        Well said!!!
        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1554252 wrote: Hello everyone .. I just had to stop by and find a cozy space here.

Im 43 Male. 24 hrs ago was my last beer. ( 10pack a day for 10 years )

I dont know what to say other than I NEED to QUIT drinking.

I was a functional drinker. I could drink and then go to work in the morning and give 100% ( of what I had available that is ).

Right now Im having an especially hard time due to guilt.

Dave
          Hey Dave, you remind me of me. I am 35 male and until about a month or so back I knew the way my life was my wife would surely divorce me. I too was a functional alcoholic and yes I was drinking line 15 pints of beer a day. Yes and working my ass off during day and celebrate along drinking ... Love to travel as in evening I could drink ...

Then I came here and that has changed my life. You will find several folks here who have been sober for years ... But I came mere just about 40 days back ... Before that I was drunk ass .... And that after drinking for like 10 years everyday ...

I am sure you can do it ....
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome aboard gambler! I am or was I should say a 12 to 15 beer a day guy. I am 38 now and getting up for work in the morning became more than just a struggle. Stick around. I look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1554327 wrote: Hey Dave, you remind me of me. I am 35 male and until about a month or so back I knew the way my life was my wife would surely divorce me. I too was a functional alcoholic and yes I was drinking line 15 pints of beer a day. Yes and working my ass off during day and celebrate along drinking ... Love to travel as in evening I could drink ...

Then I came here and that has changed my life. You will find several folks here who have been sober for years ... But I came mere just about 40 days back ... Before that I was drunk ass .... And that after drinking for like 10 years everyday ...

I am sure you can do it ....
              Dave, I got here about the same time as Rahul and like both of you I was holding it togehter dispite heavy daily drinking ( at least a bottle of vodka a day for the last three years and before that 25 years of heavy/binge drinking) my drinking was gradual starting with weekends, moving on to weekdays (usually Thursday-Sunday) to every day rain or shine. I played at quitting over those 30 plus years thousands of times with my record sitting at 90 days. What seems to be working this time around is a result of my finally accepting the fact that I am an alcholic and that I can never moderate. This place has been a Godsend. Plenty of inspiration everyday. Stay close to this thread, believe in yourself and most importantly be honest with yourself. For me that last piece was the hardest...Ive been lying to everyone for so long it was hard to accept the truth myself. Good luck and Welcome.
              Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a great site to have stumbled onto

Thank you for all the replies .. I do feel the need to stick around for a long while.

All I can do right now is read the threads. It is helping me more that I though it would have.

Gonna stick around and read until I can sleep some more.

Right now Im not hungry but I have been drinking Lots of water ( I normally drink a lot anyway ). Ive been nursing a few glasses of V8 juice as well.

Thanks again everyone. I just started day two about an hour ago. Im gonna hang tough for my children.

Dave
                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1554344 wrote: What a great site to have stumbled onto

Thank you for all the replies .. I do feel the need to stick around for a long while.

All I can do right now is read the threads. It is helping me more that I though it would have.

Gonna stick around and read until I can sleep some more.

Right now Im not hungry but I have been drinking Lots of water ( I normally drink a lot anyway ). Ive been nursing a few glasses of V8 juice as well.

Thanks again everyone. I just started day two about an hour ago. Im gonna hang tough for my children.

Dave
                  Way to go Dave!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Since there are so many Newbies starting out in the Nest I thought I'd provide the link to this thread:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...123-23467.html

This will show you that you truly are NOT alone. It's a good read...sad, scary, sometimes funny...but REAL.
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in between jobs.
                      Byrdie I feel that sticking close to mwo has really helped me stay af. So much support and so much good advice on how to deal with difficult situations.
                      Welcome Dave.
                      Available I feel for you.
                      Congrats all 10 dayers.
                      I will check in later.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi I'm Strong,

Did you find the Toolbox? It's under Monthly Abstinence. I feel the pain in your post. Are you ok in the sense of safely detoxing? Are you getting some good food and lots of water down? Please post about how you're doing at the moment if you're still logged on.

UN:h

I'm Strong and in Control;1554285 wrote: Hello Nesters! I had not checked my MWO emails or this site in months, and I apologize to all who worried, wrote and tried to reach out. You know the black hole I've been in. At least this time I still remembered my user name and log in. But I am not strong and in control at all. I'm certainly less cocky than the other times I've gone and come back. I just don't know what to do. In the sober morning with a huge hangover, I always feel the remorse, guilt, desperation, sadness and know that I am an alcoholic. I'm not a daily drinker (yet - but close) I just don't stop drinking until the bottle is empty or I pass out. I've been on a 5 day binge and haven't gone to work. Other than typing at this keyboard, I just don't know what to do.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. Welcome to the Nest Gambler, nice to have you on board. You too FD, nice to see you. I have had a busy day and I'm knackered tonight. Going to watch a bit of tv and get to bed soon. Well done everyone, nice to see everyone doing so well
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! Wow what a busy day on here. I just want to give a kudos to all the long time posters who keep helping out all the time on this site. All of you and you know who you are give so much of your time to newbies and a starting over newbie like me. I can't stress enough how no matter what find a recovery place you feel comfortable in and give it all you got. Alcoholism not only destroys lives. It will kill us sooner or later if we don't stop. I already have health issues at the age of 38 from years of drinking way too much. But I don't want to scare people here. Most and a lot of physical damage is reversible. But don't let it get too late. I have no idea if I caught myself again at the right time. When I am in at the doctor this coming Monday I am going threw a full physical to see for sure. If your brand new please stick around. I made the mistake of vanishing and I paid the price for it. I can't stress enough to have a recovery plan. Over on my relapse thread I am going threw a process of a total transformation relapse prevention plan. If any of you new need someone to talk to during these early days. I am more than wiling to talk via yahoo IM or by phone...txt....We have to do this together. There is no way we stay sober without supporting eachother and listening to eachother. I want us all to stay sober and keep staying sober. One day at a time buds!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all. Ello newbies. Sorry this is short am shattered. Thought if check in ho

Comment

Newbies Nest

...in. Hope aall are safe. Stay tucked in x

Comment

Working...
                                X