Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

3June - I am SO proud of you, and what a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing, it really helps people stay motivated when they read stories like yours, whether they are newbies or oldbies! Stay strong and continue your great work...you will never regret this!

Gambler - I will be sure to check out your new thread, but don't be a stranger to the Nest either ya' hear?

Lav - Please tell the new batch of Stella's that we said hello! And give the old batch some going away kisses for us. They have no idea how many conversations have centered around them. LOL

Yes Byrdie, you should/could be an inspirational speaker. I know I'd shell out a dolla or two to hear you speak on it sista! LOL

I lost a co-worker on Flight 93 on 9/11...she caught an earlier plane to get home to her kids while the rest of the group stayed on their original, later flight....

Everyone stay strong and safe today...and enjoy every second of this thing called life
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

new new new...dat 3

hello all fellow suffers...am from the u.k
      read a book by a freanch dr..
      got so excited started researching bout baclofen got so
      so so so
      many mixed reviews...
      but am desprodo..sick of this illness
      been a.a spent mybe close to 50k looking for answers I
      kw a.a work but its sucsess rate is fockking serverly shit 3%
      man that low...ok I had baclofen deliverd two days ago...
      its bloody hard to get any answers on this forum...people who have hade experance with baclofen sucsses or failuars pls respond to thi msg. any way day tree sober on baclofen now takin 30mg per day no side effects...should I expect anything??? what was your experance...searched for a dr on the net belive the ass hole is on this forum also who is charging 3000 pounds but I s?ance he has been whacked out off his head some days after speacking to him and he is far from normal weired lonely resentfull angry and bloody greedy...so I don't want to be like him... if I sucseed and baclofen works I personaly wouldn't charge for something that could save someone who is already in hell a price for a ticket to get out... come o9n are we human... alky are selfish greedy selfcenterd...all of what AA says is true... but for fock says cant we help each another with out grinding axes...anyway rant over....I need help and sorport from you guys not dr phill...:new::new::goodjob::thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

This morning I remember that the wine club shipment comes out in September. I tried to cancel last month and they said they would send a complimentary shipment. I called to cancel and it is being delivered tomorrow. I will have my husband take it to our off-site storage unit. But it will still be in my thoughts.
        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi hopless - I haven't taken baclofen, but there is a thread specifically for medications - hope you can get some answers there. You are right about alkies being selfish greedy and selfcentered. It's all about "me me me" and helping ME. I see that in myself. Hoping that if I can give a tiny bit of support to someone else, that I stop worrying all about me.
          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hopless, you may have some better luck on the medication section....look under "new posts" then over to the right, you'll see the medications (Baclofen included) click on that you find all sorts of threads that can speak to the situation you are in. Most here in the Newbie's Nest are not using those meds, so not sure if you will get the answers you need here. Best of luck to you! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

wanted to say that I called my GP today and asked for a psych referral. I had no idea how depressed I am, and have been for some time. AL only made it worse. I want a hand to hold.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GREAT JOB, I'mStrong! Looky here, getting better is job #1! Whatever it takes, I say!! I'm happy that you are taking the steps to make life better for yourself, that takes guts! Please keep us posted! Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest! Glad to see everyone around today. Just getting some lunch at work so I thought I would pop on quick. Hope everyone is having a Happy Sober day!
                  Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gambler, don't be a stranger!
                    Gosh, back in the Pleistocene Period when I joined the nest there'd only be 2 or 3 posts a day....not much for someone hanging on by a thread, but now there is support 24/7! You can post religiously to 2 spots!! So keep your toe in here!

Dot Belle, hope you are feeling better....2013 has NOT been your year. Mine either....I am hopeful that good things are ahead!!! Hugs to Penny!

Finally, Finally, good to see you today! How's the MinnaSOOOOta weather these days? Are you are warm as we are? 87* today....like a steambath!

Hope everyone is having an easy day today! Day 2'ers....hang in! Day 2 is much better than Day 1!!! I found the even days to be easier for some reason, until I hit Day 13....then everything got better....my head, sleep, my irritability, the whole works.. since then, I've paid attention to others, and there really IS something to it....Day 13 is a turning point!
                    Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lady

Oh yea Im sticking around this thread as well. This site in fact LOL.

Day 2 here .. I have some discomfort and anxiety. Just not sure where its coming from. Being without the kids ? Detox ? got me.

Luckily its just the mother that is keeping them away ( I can understand this ) and not the courts.

Dave
                      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

A FANTASTIC TOOL COMPLIMENTS OF 199, WHO'S ON THE DOWNHILL SLIDE TO 2 YEARS SOBER:

Rational Recovery from alcoholism, drug addiction, non AA, crank, meth

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all nesters

Day 12 today and cant believe how good i feel and how good it is to wake up AL free. Still tired but thats nothing compared to when i was drinking. Still have the stressors in life but so does everyone else and i have realised that AL is not the answer in coping with what life throws at us.

Anyhoo have a great AF day and keep busy.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters. Just checking n before I turn for the night. Wednesday my busiest day so just catching up. Hope everyone has had a AF day. Night x

Comment

Newbies Nest

You guys dont mind If I just keep posting away do you ?

New thread thoughts and questions etc. kinda thing.

Oh .. and Im going to goto my boys soccer practice for the first time in about 30 min.

Very nervous about coming home alone after I spend time with them.

When I come back Im sure I might need a little support.

Love and peace.
                              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Went to visit my dad today and I got so mad I walked out...he keeps harping on wanting money in his wallet...gave him $2 a month ago and he proceeded to lose that ...now he wants 20 or 40...I told him no..everything was paid for and the facility didn't want the residents to have money.....then he started off on another tangent and I just walked out of his room....hubby followed me out and I just burst into tears....I can not do this....my health is too important to let him annoy me like that...I know he has Alzheimer's but enough is enough when every darn time I visit he goes off on this....may just stay away for a while...I am under enough stress.....ugh....
                                dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X