Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1554901 wrote: Gambler, don't be a stranger!
    Gosh, back in the Pleistocene Period when I joined the nest there'd only be 2 or 3 posts a day....not much for someone hanging on by a thread, but now there is support 24/7! You can post religiously to 2 spots!! So keep your toe in here!

Dot Belle, hope you are feeling better....2013 has NOT been your year. Mine either....I am hopeful that good things are ahead!!! Hugs to Penny!

Finally, Finally, good to see you today! How's the MinnaSOOOOta weather these days? Are you are warm as we are? 87* today....like a steambath!

Hope everyone is having an easy day today! Day 2'ers....hang in! Day 2 is much better than Day 1!!! I found the even days to be easier for some reason, until I hit Day 13....then everything got better....my head, sleep, my irritability, the whole works.. since then, I've paid attention to others, and there really IS something to it....Day 13 is a turning point!
    Byrdie
    Byrdie!!! Beautiful day today! About 75 sunny with a few clouds. Great day to be alive. How have you been my friend? We need to catch-up sometime.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new here and just know that I have hit rock bottom and need to finally get this alcohol addiction under control. I can't live with myself anymore when I am drinking and especially the next day when god only knows what I have said or done. Looking for some support and advice. Just so very very sad right now. My heart is just breaking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night Nesters. I am finding it hard to keep track of everyone because of my shifts and the time difference. It'd nice to see the Nest so busy, goodnight everyone and well done!
        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Gambler and welcome, waffle away is what i advise so you dont give into the temptation to drink. When i am at work i always have MWO open and at nighttime when i want to drink i am on here so keep posting. Someone is always around. Hope the soccer practice went well, its great to do things sober and AF, coming to work is novel also and i actually get so much more done although i am a tad short tempered with some things but that will pass.

My advice is to have no AL in the house and i also try and go to the shops before work now so the bottleshops are not open and are not a temptation for me.

Dot, my grandfather had alzheimers and so sad to see them like that and yes very frustrating also especially since he does not realise either that you are unwell. Keep smiling and AF.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome praying..you have found a great place.
            There is lots here to read and learn...hope someone an post some useful links for you....I would if I knew how.....
            We are here to listen and support you.
            Dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Praying! Welcome!! We're glad you found us. Each and every one of us could have written your post! I'll tell you, tho...it only takes a couple good Alcohol Free days to make you feel right as rain! Once you make the decision to take your life back, everything gets better. Spend some time tonight reading thru this thread..it goes back 7 years! Every scenario you can imagine has been addressed. Also visit the Tool Box in my signature line below. Read all you can and learn about this thing we all share. You CAN get sober! If an old drunk like me can do it, I know you can, too! We're glad you're here!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Dottie Belle and Byrdlady for your understanding and support. I am so glad I found you too! Tears of sadness, guilt and heartbreak are with me but I will spend some time reading through this thread. I am ready to take back my life. I don't want to wake up ever again with feelings of remorse and guilt.
                I can get sober, and I am starting tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Praying, you are in the best place at MWO, lots of advice and kind words. I like you got to the stage where the feeling of guilt and remorse and "wtf am i doing" hit me like a brick. We all want AL but it turns our lives to misery and heartache. Day 12 here and if i can get this far then you can too. I was a bottle or two drinker everyday for years and years. I would love to moderate but yep that is every alcoholics dream, just a dream.

Best of luck and keep on here. I am at work atm and still reading, reading and posting. Its a great feeling to wake up without a hangover, without the shakes, sore gums, puffy face, dry retching etc.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you available! AL changes me into someone who is sweet and kind to someone who is out of control and reckless and at times down right mean. Last month I was AF for 3 days, should have stuck with it but regretfully didn't. I want to get off from this dark deserted crumbling soul stealing road and onto a sunshiny bright loving life highway.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello praying

I got here just yesterday afternoon when I came to the same conclution you came to.

I can tell you what really helped me out. I mean REALLY helped.

I read through the entire Tool Box thread. I mean there is so much info in there. Stuff that will allow you to Understand .. not just go through the motions .. but Why.

I read through about 250+ PAGES of threads. I just focused on the threads that impacted me for that moment.

I Joined and posted..and continue to post. Some of you are going to get sick of me for how much posting im going to do :h

All this in 40 hours ( not sleeping to well right now ).

Remember we are in this for the long haul together ..

So keep it going on here. Very good site you have found
                      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

As for me and the soccer practice with the boys ... It felt great when I saw their smiling faces. Basically wiped out any fear I had brought with me. So I guess I was fearing for nothing then eh Need to work on that lol.

Peace and love
                        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Newbies Nest

Praying and Gamble i was in the same boat and am still not in the clear of AL but feel so much better 12 days on. My sleep was crap at first, so bone tired but when i went to bed tossed and turned and the dreams, god they never stopped. now i just sleep and wake up and feel great. no hangovers driving to work which is a nice feeling.

When i was drunk i occasionally got nasty but most of the time just got drunk and passed out and woke to not remembering anything. The kids would say something about what i did or said drunk and i would smile and pretend i would remember when i had no idea at all.

Life is so much better without this poison. Keep posting and reading and just being on here. I would never be up to where i am without MWO and its nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Crap !! gotta go my friends .. that was some super close Lightning !! Time to shut down the electronics and read a book LOL

Michigan

Have a good night and I will be watching you in the AM on the cell

Peace and Love

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in

Playing Million Second whatever it is called game along with the tv. Sure keeps my little brain occupied.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So tired and worried about what transpired last night in my stupid AL stupor and the choice I made without even realizing why. Something that I would never even consider being sober and not something I ever do drunk either, just don't get it. This AL is poisoning to me and poison to every one and everything I love and care about.

Comment

Working...
                                X