Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

And the bonus is Strong, you remember the whole episode, how novel is that!

Praying stop worrying about what happened last night and move on to the now. You cannot undo what was done you just learn to live with it. God i so remember waking up thinking wtf did i do last night and the denial that came with it. Now AF i dont have to worry about that. One day at a time and the more days the better you feel and the prouder you feel that you are beating the monster that we fell in love with. You are in the right place to do this journey, no judgement here only support and friendship.

Maybe you want to share what happened last night, it may make it more accountable and the advice may help also. If u have posted sorry i have not read it!
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters! I'm almost through with day 7 and feeling good...But also not trusting myself one bit. I need to stay close to the nest and stay away from tempting people and situations. Praying - I hope you stay too! I can remember days of remorse...so painful that I tried to convince myself that someone "slipped" me something. I couldn't have possible done all those horrible things just because of drinking, it just wasn't me. I'm a good and decent person. I agree with Available. Maybe find someone (or the forum) to let go of this guilt, sadness, confusion or anything else you might be trying to process on your own.

For me, I'm just taking this one day...one step...on minute at a time. And when things get hairy, I get on this forum and start squawking. It's all I can do right now. And it's enough!!

Congrats to everyone! Looks like everyone is really trying hard to do what is right for our minds, bodies and souls. This is a great place and I'm very, very thankful and humbled to be here sober right now!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sake! 7 days is big doings around here! You've earned a Full MOON!

:moon:

You've faced each of the 7 days that a week can throw at you and succeeded! In our world, this is a big milestone! Here's to many more moons of success!!! GREAT JOB! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome! I love a big ol full moon!!! Thanks so much. Sincerely, thank you all for the support. I don't think I would have made it this far without ya'all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening folks,

Not much to report tonight. It was business as usual today: Work, gym, dinner, and back to my apartment. It is amazing how quickly that good habits are to develop as bad ones, especially for a creature of routine like myself.

About the only thing out of the ordinary was that one of the girls from HR was flirting with me hardcore in the break room today (Or at least I think she was). It has been so long since I have dealt with females in that manner while sober that I could be way off the mark for all I know.

In any event, is it my imagination or is there WAY more activity on the newcomers forums than usual? It is comforting to know that there are so many others here who can empathize with my plight. It is also inspiring to see so many folks with the courage to man up and recognize that they need help and seek it out.

C
            In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations available and Sake on AF you are inspiring to me. I will stay and I am so thankful and grateful for having found MWO and the wonderful people who actually understand and their kind words of encouragement and advice. I haven't had AL now for 19 hours. So it's one hour, one day at a time. Thank you for being here. Available I did post to the thread Need Help ASAP.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Praying - So glad to hear you're staying! Fight the good fight. As for being an inspiration...wow, thanks!! It feels good to help someone. Everyone here has been holding my hand for 7 days straight now! This forum is a godsend...use it!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

C-Developer - awesome job!!! As for the flirting thing...that makes me laugh. She probably was but watch out, it's HR, they can't be trusted! LOL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep on here Praying and all you can do is one hour, one day, one minute sometimes. I do remember your thread Praying and in a few days you will notice and feel the difference. It doesnt go away the cravings, the wanting the thinking about AL but it gets easier until something triggers our AL brain again. Wish i was normal really but im an alcy and i dont want to be now. Too old for this shit. 50 next year still have lots to live for as we all do.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Another old timer checking in on the new kids :H

Sake, CONGRATS on your 7 AF days, nice

Praying, hello & welcome to you! Glad you found us & decided to join in on the fun!
                      I was feeling about as guilty & remorseful as anyone can possibly be when I started here. That's all history now, I move forward only & never look back. You can do the same. Make yourself a good plan & stay close to the nest.

C-Dev, you'd better watch out, the girls will be fighting over you :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sake you sound so positive. Good for you. Seven days is a big deal. I have been hanging out on another thread just in case any one wondered what happened to me. I'll check in again tomorrow, good night all

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am to old for this shit too, going to be 45 in November and will continue to take it slow. Thank you Lavande, that's a good way to think about things, a way that I am going to try. My plan is to stay AF for today, and if that works, I will try again tomorrow. I just don't ever want to be where I am now ever again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Praying,

Taking it one day at a time is the best strategy at your stage in the game. Hell, its the best stradegy for life in general as far as that goes.

I try to keep myself as busy as possible with day to day tasks to take my mind off of AL, and when I do think of AL (which is inevitable) I try to think about all the horrible things it has brought to my life, and after doing so, going back to the old me seems incomprehensible.

Post here as often as possible too. Getting your thoughts and feelings out in the open is very helpful There is normally always somebody around the NEST no matter what time of day it is thanks to our many members from overseas, and you can always private message me, or most anyone else here if you need to talk and do not want it to be public.

Byrd was a total sweetheart for always checking in on me when I first got here, and it was immensely helpful, so I am doing my best to pay it forward so that others can know the freedom of being AF

C
                            In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you C-Developer. You don't know how much that means to me!! I am totally exhausted but having a hard time settling down. I want to be a new and better version of me. I will continue tomorrow to be AF and will check in as I know that I am in need of support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all
                                Welcome Praying, take time to look at the toolbox, previous posts, it may help you settle down and get you thinking AF. We're here for you. I would suggest trying to be very in the present, the past is something that has been.
                                Best to you
                                Sam
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X