Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Greetings from the North Pole - at least that's what it looks like :H

Predictions are now up to 24" - that is a lot of snow, no kidding!

Tranq, I have nothing to shovel except a path across the yard to the hen house! I made sure to refill their feed & water containers yesterday but they'll be in there wanting to kill each other after a while..........they get kinda bitchy being cooped up :H

I hope everyone has a terrific Saturday, I will check in later!

Lav the snowman
    Celebrating 7 smoke free months today & my birthday!!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Lav!!!

I woke to an inch of snow. It is pretty. But my goodness 24inches, that would be scary.
      Keep us posted.

Going to pick up a bit and start some baking.

Have a great day. MM

Comment

Newbies Nest

everyone sounds er so positive and happy. I can't wait to be like that! I just need to get today over so the guilt of last night is not so bad. I hope it is ok to jin in the post.
        Hanging

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hangingon! Hi. Of course it's okay to join us. Given the choice, I'll pick happy. MWO has given me the choice. The book, the supplements, the cds all work differently for everyone, but they seem to work for many. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled on this place. Read the forums and ask a lot of questions - there are many good people here. Hang in there.

Lav - the only thing to do with 24-inches of snow is to build snow forts and dig tunnels! Ha! Stay home and ride it out. Traveling anywhere in those conditions is tough. Be safe. Throw another marshmellow in your cocoa! Good luck.

Mighty - we got about an inch too. I'm tired of people wishing for a white christmas and then leaving their snow laying around until April.

I have to venture out. Traffic is miserable around here when it snows.

Welcome.
          tw
          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mid-day weather update!

12 noon - 7" of snow on the ground. It's supposed to snow clear through to tomorrow! Hoo Boy, what a birthday gift!

Hi MM & Tranq - enjoy your tiny weeny snow fall

Hi Hangingon & welcome to the nest! Just find yourself a comfy twig & settle right in with us!
            Drink lots & lots of water today to flush out the guilt of last night! Set you sights forward, don't waste any time or energy worrying about yesterday - it's history! Make yourself a good plan - you will feel so much better getting a few AF days under your belt, I promise

Have a good day all, I'll update you on conditions later!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Looks like the storm is beginning to slow down. Think I'll wait til morning to check on the total accumulation......pretty chilly right now!

Wishing everyone a warm & comfy night in the nest.
              The night light will be on
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoa, Lav! I just noticed in your post earlier. Your Birthday? Happy, happy birthday!

Many more blessed, sober years for you my dear!

I guess you're not going out celebrating. But, how about another marshmallow in that cocoa?

Take care!
                tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Tranq buddy!
                  I celebrated right here with a bag of popcorn - yum
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

It stopped snowing - yay!!
                    The official snow total is 23" in Philly - I live and hour SW, I think we got about 17". It's cold out there so I guess it's going to hang around for a while

Wishing everyone a bright, sunny Sunday in the Nest!
                    I'll check in later.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav.

Hope you don't run out of marshmallows.

When you said: "Wishing everyone a bright sunny Sunday in the Nest!" it reminded of the old Jimmy Cliff song...

I Can See Clearly

Play it.

A little old and corny I know, but I saw Sheryl Crow last year and she used it as her intro - up beat and optimistic. But now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day - so thought I'd share that ;-O

Have a good one everyone.
                      tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - I feel like a changed woman! I flew up to Alabama for a client Christmas party. I was kinda worried about it - but I did great! I sipped 3 drinks, actually ended up pouring out half of two of them because they got warm! Then, we went out to dinner and I had 2 glasses of wine. In the past, I would have had at least 12 beers and worried about how I acted in front of the client. Then, coming home yesterday, we had the most stressfull trip - our second flight was cancelled and we ended up in the Charlotte airport for 7 hours. Then, we flew into Tampa instead of Orlando and got home about 1am. In the past, I would have drank the whole time - I did not have one single beer - I drank water the whole time. I did not even crave a beer! Even when my husband was making me crazy!

I just can't even begin to express how happy I am about this. The fact that I can drink, without going overboard, and not crave a drink all the time, was something that I did not think was possible.

I hope everyone is doing good - Lav - try not to get cabin fever! I would go crazy stuck in the house!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Thanks for the tune Tranq - it was a bright sunshiney day here
                          I don't mind having a happy tune stuck in my head - makes me happy!

FlaMomof3, you sound great, I'm very happy for you! Everything is better when your head is clear of the AL fog. Keep up the great work! Anything is possible if you want it bad enough!

I'm going to sit back now, put my feet up for a bit & just chill in front of the fireplace - if that makes any sense!
                          Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
                          The night light is on

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow FlaMom! "Even when my husband was making me crazy!" Now that's awesome! If I didn't go through the same amazement myself, I wouldn't believe it. It's part supps and meds, part hypnosis, mostly wanting it and believing you can have it -- magic I think! Way to go!

Chilling in front of the fire makes all the sense in the world Lav! Enjoy - what else can you do?

Take care and good night everyone!
                            tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Winter!!!!

It's a balmy 31 degrees this morning - maybe we'll see some melting later today?? Hope so!

I'm anxious to see Christmas Eve come & go! It's the anniversay of the last time I made a total ass of myself..............there's no way that's going to happen again!!! I'm sorry that I put myself thru that ordeal last year but I'm glad that I recognized it as my all-time lowest point! My anxiety was at an all-time high, I over 'medicated' with an unknown # glasses of wine while on a Rx antidepressant..........I ended up falling on my butt & couldn't get up. I remember it very, very clearly!!!! It was as if I lost control of my physical self with my mind fully intact. It was a bizzare event, no doubt but one that motivated me to get to where I am today I am thankful!!

Wishing everyone a terrific Monday, I'll check in later!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav and TW and anyone else who comes here today. Trying to catch a quick update with you before my 3 kids role out of bed.

Didn't do as well as I wanted this weekend but didn't do very bad either, managed to keep the AL light but still had to think about it quite a bit. I'm moving on, and staying positive, for me staying positive is very important.

Made my cookies, family will decorate today. It's always been a lovely time when we do this.
                                Lav, we have a few inches of snow, nothing like you, but there is no sun today, yuk, so dark I need to go turn on every light. Lav, you shine so bright now you probably need no light! Thanks for you

Flamom, So happy to hear your progressing well. That husband thing:H I relate!
                                Hope everyone has a great AF day. I know I will. Love, MM

Comment

Working...
                                X