Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Wow....guess you all just needed for me to leave the nest for a day, to begin chatting away....great banter! And Sun....again.....Super Bowl.....Cardinals....enough said. Upnorthgirl, hang in there kid. I'm proud of you....period! You are all around the forum offering your support to others....do me a favor and just give yourself a break on this one...you deserve it. Well, I'm halfway there....start up another 17 hours in a few hours from now. Goodnight my little munchkins.
    Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ummmmmm.......may have to fight for that twig renewal.......I'm looking at Pittsburg.....
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning birdies,
        The coffee is on and the donuts are on the table there next to it.

Renewal-morning poppa newal. Have you got plenty of buffalo wings for tomorrow. (was going to say chicky wings but it just sounded to painful) You seem to work long hours. Are you 2 days on 2 days off? Anyway don't work to hard.

Uni-pittsburg. You know how poppa feels about the cardinals! haha.

Well fellow peeps-hope everyone has a good week-end and meets their goal.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning my feathered friends!!!

I will not even dignify all this Football talk with a response. Damn, I think I just did.

Real quick here this morning, not much time.. Pops Renewal - hope you're shift is decent (I almost left the "f" out again... and that makes for a really awkward statement) and you are going to be well rested for your glued-to-the-tv day tomorrow.

:bday7: Neuro!!!! 34 - lil spring chick, you! Have a wonderful day!!!!

Uni, lilmea and all to come... have a fabulous day - be safe and be good!

Over and out - will check back laters!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am well on my way to 4 days AF.....thanks to my husband and all of you on this website!:thanks:
            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again, fellow Nesters

Thanks, Renewal, I needed that. Been feeling low lately and fell off the branch, but have flown back up to the safety of the nest.

Like Sunshine--will not address all this crazy sports talk--even Uni is in on it! :H My hubby just loves his sports--hockey, football, basketball, bowling...all of it. I think sometimes I feel lonely and alone because he'd rather watch TV in the den..I drank then.. What else to do? But, back to another Day one...I WILL do this thing. I am getting better..31 AL free days out of 40 is an improvement by far and I will focus on the positive.

Everyone have a great day--will check in later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Upnorth, 31 AF out of 40 is major! Well done and keep moving forward, don't look backwards. B.
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All

I really don't chime in much, but wanted to take this time to say that I just love you all!!
                    I joined this month, got my supps, books, CD's and Topa from my doc.
                    I haven't finished the book, or the cd's, still playing with the meds and supps ( they make me a little loopy) ... and I'm still drinking, less but still a couple(or 3) a night.
                    Although all of those things are a work in progress, logging on and seeing y'all every day helps me more than anything!!
                    I know it's cold for most of you out there so I'll enjoy sunshine and 70's for superbowl for everyone
                    :thanks:
                    I am going to be very, very careful, nobody is going to be hurt or disappointed or even inconvenienced

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seahorse, I'll be watching the Super Bowl from sunny TX too...LOL!!
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!!
                        I just love coming here each morning to read all the posts...sometimes I don't exactly know where I "fit in" or what I can add...but I do enjoy reading. I'm still trying to 'get to know everyone" and keep everyone straight. There is so many of us and always new ones coming...awesome!!
                        Today I was talking to my mom about my drinking (honestly about it)...maybe it was too soon...after all it's only been 5 days...but I think she started crying....totally broke my heart. Then she went on to imitate what it was sometimes like talking to me on the phone at night (not to be mean)...but then I started to cry...she said she loved talking to me like 'this' 200% better and I had no idea how worried she was about me. I feel so bad!!! I am so scared, more than ever now of failing....I have just felt so good all week...I mean I woke up this morning (Saturday) and didn't have to get up before my son to make sure all the empties were in the trash and the trash taken outside...last Friday night =13 beers, this Friday night=2. Not even sure why the two...maybe it was the call from the ex I haven't talked to in 3 weeks??? Sorry for rambling...thanks for listening! Have a great Saturday!!
                        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                        7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, great job on 5 days! Ramble all you want...LOL!!
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in. The nest is very quiet today, isn't it? You'd think it was a library! Hey! Is that a bookworm I see over there? Mmmm. My favorite variety!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My, my, it IS quiet in here today! Must mean that little nestlings are busy everywhere!

I left at 9:30 this morning... just got back (4pm now) so I feel like my day is just starting now Got me another bottle of sparkling grape juice and will drink that (instead of a bottle of wine) while I clean the science experiments out of the fridge. When leftovers develop a life of their own - it's time to throw them out! :eeew:

Wish me luck... I'm going in!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why don't we all donate our fridge science projects to like, well science...LOL!!
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X