X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Just got in and on my way out again.

Hi Mighty. Your comment "managed to keep the AL light but still had to think about it quite a bit..." is my exact experience of moderating. I want it to be natural, but my nature is not to drink slowly or lightly. My nature is to slam down as many beers as I can in a short period of time. So having to think, plan, mind, distract, etc. is all part of the game. It seems that starting slowly and maintaining pace is a key, but it's easier said than done. I keep trying on occasion though, but haven't had a drink in about 10 days now and that's been my pattern.

Wow Lav, a year is right around the corner for you! Tell me, how did you come to find MWO and what were your early experiences like? As long as you're cooped up I might as well keep you talking. Ha!

Just kidding - I really am interested.

Gotta run - My son is in town and we're going out tonight.

Take care!
    tw
    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

MM, hope you had a good day decorating cookies

Tranq, I found MWO in February but I don't remember exactly how..........I had been reading & searching self help type websites, somehow ran across this one. I joined intending on learning to moderate after 30 days. BUT, when I reached the 30 day point I asked myself if I was ready for just 1 glass of wine - the answer was a resounding NO! I had to accept the truth..........moderating was not going to be in my future! That was that!! In the early months I had fleeting drinking thoughts but I have found that the longer I stay away from AL, the less I think about it! I had one VERY big reason to do this and that was my grandson. I needed to be totally fit if I was going to spend any time with him. Nothing & no one else made me want to quit - just that little kid! I am so grateful for him
      Getting my long standing anxiety/depression situation under control before attempting to quit - for me was vital. I did that by dumping the Rx antidepressant & starting the herbal supplement Amoryn. It made a huge difference for me. I've gotten several other people here to give it a try too
      OK, you got me talking, now I'll shut up!

Wishing everyone a good, safe & warm night in the Nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rise & shine Nestlings!
        The nest is open for business
        Have a great Tuesday, I'll be back!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh No!! No fledglings today?????
          OK, closing up the Nest for the night - I'll leave the night light on
          Be well,
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav.

I smiled, and felt your smile when I read about your grandson's influence. Those little guys are more powerful than they think. A great story! Maybe I'll take a look at amoryn too.

Thought I was done shopping, but forgot something at the grocery -- not feeling like running back out tonight. Gotta run to UPS for a pickup tomorrow too.

Did any snow melt yet Lav?

Take care!
            tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Glad you checked in last night Tranq!
              Yes, we have had some melting going on, thank goodness! Plenty of snow left for the white Christmas look

Got out yesterday to meet a friend for lunch, made pitstops at Walmart & supermarket too - crazy out there!! I ended up doing some 'emergency babysitting', my DIL was not feeling well. It's truly a labor of love to go pick up my little buddy & bring him here for a while

If you're interested in looking into Amoryn, I buy it directly from their website: AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Antidepressant | Supplement for Depression & Anxiety
              This product worked like a miracle for me - no kidding!

Well, I'm wishing everyone a terrific Wednesday!
              I hope we all get our pre-holiday chores done!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav. I found the site today and ordered. I'll let you know how it works. Sounds like it replaces the 5-htp and Gaba I've been taking, and add some other supps. Are you still taking any of the MWO supps as well? I did read up on their site - I know it'll take some time to kick-in, but it does sound promising.

I'll bet it felt good to get out - and to see your little pal. So how'd you hold up with two feet of snow? Did you have any fun in it?

Take care.
                tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope you get the great results from Amoryn that I got Tranq!!
                  Because of the Amoryn & some serious vit/mineral Supplements I take - I skipped the MWO entirely. Never used any of them, felt I had enough going on there. Cravings were not a huge problem for me once I broke my 'mental addiction'.

I was out again today to pick up some last minutes gifts from the local pottery and the Swiss Chocolate maker Neufchatel.........yum I think next winter when my grandson is older I'll be out brushing up on my snowman building skills!!! Looks like you're getting some snow now, huh?

Well, I hope some of the fledglings check in soon, I hope they are OK!
                  Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - the night light will stay on
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav.

We're getting snow, rain, ice, sleet, wind, you name it. Going to windy and icy for the next couple days. Looks like we're missing the blizzard out a little west of here.

G'Night! Take care.
                    tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Cold but sunny in this end of the nest today Tranq. Hope you plan to stay in & keep the hot chocolate flowing!

Wishing everyone Peace & Strength today!
                      I will be thinking of all of you throughout the day!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi.

Lav, no worries here. Just hanging with my son for a while, then get to sleep early. More family stuff tomorrow. I'll be good.

Ha! I saw a decorative pillow in a store. Embroidered on the red pillow in gold, it said:

"Dear Santa,

"Define Good."

Take care and Happy Holidays!
                        tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tranq,

That pillow sounds like a good idea for my shop for next year
                          Stay tucked in & out of that nasty weather! We're expecting just rain tomorrow - maybe it will wash away all the leftover snow.

Enjoy your time with your son!
                          Merry Christmas!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas Morning Nesters!
                            Wishing everyone a wonderful, peaceful day!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande
                              Thanks for always being here for us Newbies,
                              i dont post much yet but will do soon and its nice to know your here...
                              Merry Christmas
                              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Nesters!

My first af Christmas Eve in years - maybe since I was a teen-ager? Feels good when the Christmas Bells don't aggravate the hangover!

Enjoy!
                                tw

Comment

Working...
                                X