Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm just going to do a quick check in today. I'll read back over posts later. Not drinking is way better then regretting.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Guys and Dolls,

Back to Monday, and the comfort of my routine: Work, Gym, Eat, Post, Sleep......Repeat.

I find it oddly ironic that I take so much comfort in keeping a regimen. If any of you knew me personally, you would realize just how bizarre that is considering I have spent the majority of my life thus far doing everything in my power to deviate from the norm.

I hope everyone is have a pleasant and AF night in the nest. My arms and pecs hurt like a bitch from the gym, so I can feel a nice hot shower calling my name
      In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening and salutations all

(deep breath) Oh man what a day 6 it was ! Im sure glad this one is in the books. Talk about "Keep on Trucken".. I had to Plow through the worst day/afternoon thus far. Lack of sleep + not eating well + Thinking of family situation + AF = PAY PER VIEW ! Now I know what an emotional pregnant pinball machine feels like. I was down to my last ball. Bouncing all over the place Ding ding .. buip biop..ding ding. I was like WTF ! After my breakdown I pulled myself together ( with the help from one of the members here .. thank you again love :h ) and pressed on...once again tackling the daunting task of removing the remnants of the past. Cleaning and organizing. What caught me off guard is I could NOT focus on anything. Example: Im gonna finish up folding the laundry in the boys room right .. ok .. so I find a rag-towel that belongs in the wash room. So Instead of just putting it aside or throwing it towards the door (so I could grab it the next time I headed that way) .. I get up and walk to the back side of the house to put it away..right ? .. But now I spot a few coins on the dryer..oook..So I pick Them up (3 friggen pennies ) and walk to the living room to put them in the coin jar...Victory right ? uum..no.. I notice that I still have my coffee cup on the desk .. Gee what to do ? Yup you got it..grab the cup and go to the kitchen and wash it. There were some collector Coca-Cola glasses that I had dug out from the depths of the cupboards last night ( At least I can start pulling out all of my old Cool stuff ) so I wash them while im at it of course. Find a rag..back to the wash room.. Then Im thinking "Um..werent we going to finish up the boys room so at least ONE room is done ?". Lo-behold Im back in the boys room ( about 2 hours after I found one stupid rag LOL ).

Rinse and repeat for the rest of the day. Like a super-duper-super-ball that got shot inside my home I was :H

BTW... the wash room is now Spotless ..the kitchen does not have one dirty dish/floor/fridge even the stupid glass lamp covers are clean LOL. .. The living room is vacuumed up,Dusted and slightly re-arranged ( just have to do my desk area AKA My Personal Drinking zone ). ALL the laundry is done aside from what Im wearing or a few towels/rags for cleaning. The yard sale crap is nicely tucked away in the back bedroom. And finally... at last .. but first..but still came in last place Is the boys room is all cleaned and put away Spotless.

So thats my story for the Big day 6. One big roller coaster ride. It was not fun..not fun at all. Im not sure If im looking forward to tomorrow morning .. ... Im just not sure if a few of you pranksters ( and you know who you are ! ) are gonna tattoo a big 7 on my ass tonight

For you guys struggling tonight. Please do not give up. I promise you that It CAN be overcome.

Love you guys .. peace out ! :thanks:

DAVE
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Wow what a busy nest today

Gambler, I don't allow any tattoos in the nest :H
          But you will receive your day 7 award - good for you!

LB, I totally agree ~ not drinking, no regrets is the way to go

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1557337 wrote: Gambler, I don't allow any tattoos in the nest :H
            Oh I see.. So its gonna be the ol' Shave a # 7 on my skull cap eh ? Sinister !
            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
              So I was doing good today until I had a conversation with my man and found out that he is taking some "questionable" actions while we are separated by distance - aka, going to a strip club, talking to young, beautiful women. And he doesn't understand why that upsets me. Wasn't going to drink anything tonight, and was doing really well. I wasn't really craving anything, more so I just didn't quite know what to do with myself. Planning on hitting the gym tomorrow night to help with all of that. Then I had a conversation with him. And now, all the tequila is gone. Mind you, there wasn't much left, but I did hit it........
              :new:
              free2bchez

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh .. im so sorry to hear that.

Are you married ? when you say my "man" I didnt know.

Pick yourself up..dust yourself off and dont look back. Dont look back about you drinking .. not about the man.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Dave

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dave. No, we aren't married, but that's really only because it's better for "uncle sam" issues to not be married. He has asked, I accepted, we are living together and committed. However, he is working out of town. He's always honest, but I guess I am starting to look more realistically at things and realizing we aren't living the healthiest life we could. I did express my hurt with him, which he acknowledged to some point, but he doesn't totally get it so I still having lingering feelings. Still going to hit the gym tomorrow and hopefully, there will be no alcohol involved. Easier to hide feelings in a bottle than be a grown up, isn't it?
                  :new:
                  free2bchez

Comment

Newbies Nest

Busy busy Nest! I wanted to check in last night but was SO beat that I fell asleep at 9 with the kids. Set my alarm for 530 so I could get up and have a bit of time here-- but couldn't do it!

great going Gambler on getting through to day 7-- Congrats!! Keep on truckin' like you are.

Bhalo, I hear you with the muscle pain-- I started working out last thurs. and did so for 4 days-- now I get a rest, but I'll tell you my whole bod hurts! But I'm almost up to 220 benching, CDev!:H

Big hugs to all of you and will see you after work. Day 17 here and feeling good. A bit groggier than usual, Available-- also looking forward to waking up completely refreshed and ready to roll.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks lifechange

Yawwnn. .. 12:30 and very tired..tired ..finally instead of 5 or 7 am bedtime I can get some Much needed zzz's..

You gals and guys stay safe and enjoy your day/night.

Love y'all ..

Dave.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone and a very nice AF day indeed to all of you! Day 8 starting here. I feel alive.

I woke up at 7am this morning and felt a bit tired, because I went to sleep at 3am after finishing work issues and watching two movies on top of that. Just 4 hours of deep sleep ... shower, cup of coffee ... and I?m ready to rock and roll!

I remember my usual mornings when Al was my friend. Even after 10 hours of sleep I was basically dead in the morning and no coffee and shower made it better. Oh, I?m just so happy I found MWO and decided to tag along.

Big thanks to all of you!

Dave, lets keep on trucking. Will pm soon when find a free moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again my bodacious Friends

I hope you are all having a most excellent day or sleepless night (like me..again..).

I went to bed tired and relaxed but for some reason I just could not seal the deal. After 3 hours of tossing and turning I decided to just get up and carry on with my cleaning. My hope is that by not getting any sleep whatsoever will make my body a tad bit more cooperative tonight. I have had to do this in the past and it does work for me. Its just not worth going to sleep at 6-7 am and waking up at 10 or 11 am. Im gonna try to break the cycle this way.

Even so .. I feel great right now. Looking around my nice new clean home makes me feel a great deal of accomplishment. When my boys come over they always say how much cleaner everything looks. " Daddy this is so nice.. look how clean this is..oh look at the mirror you put up..were did you get that..oh look you moved the table .. " etc. And each time they come over the first thing they do after embracing me is run into the house to check out what I had done since the then. I look forward to "blowing them away" when they come Wed. The house really is Much different lol ( read this thread for an Idea https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-80092.html ). Anyone that wants to have a good time should check out that thread. C-dev,DD and myself had a friggin Blast in there last night LOL.

Anyhoo.. I am looking to celebrate my 7th birthday with you guys. Just gonna relax...chill and enjoy the day.

Fisher man .. I have a special treat for you bro. Today Im gonna take you out for dinner...my treat. Hows suitsul?he sound to you .. you bring the black bread..that sounds kinda tasty...j?tku leiba brother :l

Fisher80;1557396 wrote: Big thanks to all of you!
                          That goes the same for me.

Dave

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi can I join the nest please haven't been on MWO for a while but probs should have come back sooner. Am currently start of day 3 and feeling strong, but searching for a warm safe place to escape.
                            :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Skid Row;1557451 wrote: Hi can I join the nest please haven't been on MWO for a while but probs should have come back sooner. Am currently start of day 3 and feeling strong, but searching for a warm safe place to escape.
                              Hey Skid Wazzup .. They let me past the door So Im thinking your golden

I highly recommend the crumpets.

Dave

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters! So much to catch up on! I think I need a nap. Lol. Still tired even with AF sleep. Like Lc and Available I'm looking forward to waking refreshed. Wonder if I need more iron or something. I am taking B vits too.

Right nap time. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X