Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Crazy busy day here!! How is one to keep up with it all? So much happening and such great posts, from everyone. It's so good to read about what is going on at every stage, in every situation.

I'm Strong, I liked your recap of the detoxing days. The difficult first days of quitting al-- a good reminder of why I don't want to go back there again! thank you. What's wrong with buffalo wings and cinnamon rolls for dinner??

Jennie, great job pouring out the remaining wine. It's hard to do, but such a statement is made. your plan sounds strong-- do be sure to have snacks with you at all times! and what's up with BB? Where are you in the series? I'm pretty much caught up to date--I watched them on dvd and had to pause so many times because of the suspense.

Byrdie, Good luck on your trip and safe travels-- you won't be gone too long will you? Do you take your doggie with you?

LBeagle, sorry to hear about your husband. I know you have the strength to stay on your path and not drink at the problem. I hope he will continue to fight the battle. you mentioned that was the case--sending you super positive energy:h

I can--to you, too--super strength to get back that resolve. Like Lav would say, you know what to do--:l

Big hugs to Minstar and Stupot and Bhalo and Sam and Lav-- I know I'm missing someone-- you all jump into my thoughts at different times during the day. I have so much stress with my co worker right now-- almost unbearable (today I even had to cry in the bathroom!) and your support and struggles stay with me.thank you!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah yeah, Stupot, awesome job done today at lunch-- holding strong for day 14!! I'm just curious, if you don't mind sharing, what sort of comments your co-workers made? It sounds like they made such a big deal over your decision not to drink!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to all the Newbies! We're glad you're here...stick close and get to know us...this is a pretty great bunch of people!

Jennie - Good job on dumping the poison. It was going to end up going down the pipes anyway, but you saved your liver the work of processing it. Your plan for today sounds good. Early bedtime was always what saved me in the beginning. I didn't care if the sun was still up sometimes!

Byrdie - Have a good trip...hurry back, we miss you when you're gone!

Lav - Keep those chickies warm

Congrats to everyone else reaching milestones today. Each day it gets easier...I promise!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,
          Going to take it easy today...got laundry and other chores to complete. Tomorrow maybe the same thing....Friday day trip with friends...will be good to get out of town even if it is just for the day.
          the weekend looks quiet too...and I am OK with that...
          dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone hope everything is well

So on with the show day 8 .. so my plan of not sleeping yesterday evening to break my 7am bedtime cycle has worked. Last night Finally got much Needed sleep (almost feels like I got a second sobriety going on lol ). 9.5 hours sleep woohoo. I feel about ..60% more clear headed ? However..and I dont know why..but I woke up a few times Soaking wet. My hands were Pruned and felt like they were on fire ? Whatever dreams I had made me wake up with a deep feeling of nervousness but not stressed out. My body is slowly calming down. Is there some kind of post 5 day symptoms like this supposed to happen due to AL ?..

Im really looking forward to today..I feel like its going to be an average kinda day. Not an up in the clouds day and not an emotional down in the dumps day. I am hoping that means I am starting to "level out". Dont get me wrong.. I Love those high days but I know that means I might have a low day in my future.

So anyways Im going to be chillaxing with the boys today... just a nice peaceful day ( they want to goto the movies and putt-putt and then the park and then just go go go go ). I wish I could do it for them but I feel Emotionally and physically Drained from the past 7 days ). I just want to feel like a normal family day and not a "now its dads turn so its time to get crazy nuts and try to pack in as many things possible within an 8 hour period" kinda day.

Wishing you all the best and thank you again for listening to my Personal problems as well as my AF journey :h

Stay strong and keep on truckin..

Dave.

PS. I wonder why I feel like I have been here and have known you guys much longer than 8 days
            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
            AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1557981 wrote: Hello all,
              Going to take it easy today...got laundry and other chores to complete. Tomorrow maybe the same thing....Friday day trip with friends...will be good to get out of town even if it is just for the day.
              the weekend looks quiet too...and I am OK with that...
              dottie
              LOL.. I guess You put how I feel In a more Compact version

Yeaaa .. what Dotty said ^^

Dave
              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quickie- night night all. I'm in serious pain from back and sciatica. And to too it off have a massive chip fat burn from an accident whilst making dinner. Ugh! I would normally hit the bottle with a day like this :-/ staying strong and off to ice pack my flared nerve!
                Stay strong xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

All good from here....it was a beautiful day to drive. Had a great meeting, even tho I didn't know what I was talking about...I told them that I know how to light a room but I don't know how a light bulb works!
                  Glad to see everyone putting another day between them and AL!!

Breaking Bad is an awesome series...I thought I had it all figured out last week, but was totally wrong! An amazing show and only 2 more episodes!

Hugs to all tonight!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello fellow newbies!!
                    My day's plan is winding down....
                    sitting here with my dinner and in my cozy PJ's.
                    Feeling good and strong!!
                    Yeah!!! The first day for me is the hardest but I beat the beast!
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you Jenny!! Just a day, and tomorrow you'll be so glad you did!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

:alf:
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters hope everything is going well

Good news for MWO .. I sat down with the wife and we hashed things out :l ( now that im sober ) .. everything is good on that front..so now you guys dont have to read 13 pages of me dumping my personal life on you :thanks:

So that means I can focus on my main priority without having the added stress of that whole thing.

I had such a goldilocks day .. so nice to feel normal for once !

So Im cookin din din and hangin and chillin. Feelin on cruise control for the rest of the night.

Enjoy the rest of your evening .. or enjoy your cup of mornin joe ...

Dave

PS. yes those are me sweet terrors

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni, GREAT job on knocking out day 1. Without question, that's the hardest day of all....so glad that's done!
                            Gambler, your boys are doll babies!! That little one looks like mischief!!! Glad you got some stuff ironed out with your other 3/8's (soon to be ex). One more thing out of the way. I'm so glad you are getting things sorted out.
                            Dottie, good to see you doing so well on the AF front. I hope all the other stuff gets better. Nothing like no explanation to put you on edge!! Thinking of you!
                            K9, I'm sorry about your Chihuahua....I hope her backside is feeling better!
                            Hey Sam! You are such a rock for us here in the nest!!
                            Hang in, everybody! All you gotta do is get thru this day! You can do that!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today I WILL start my life alcohol free!!!

Hi everyone. I was so motivated to quit last week and found an excuse to ' start Monday' , then I felt depressed from the drinking so I drank every night since then. No more of this insanity. Today 19/09/2013 I am alcohol free. I really want to be positive about this journey and not feel I am missing anything or feel like this is going to be a ' lifelong' struggle. Can some long time sober people please offer some tips for seeing this in a positive way so that the illusion of needing it does not trick me. I REALLY want to do this and not feel it is some kind of battle. Love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1558124 wrote: :alf:
                                You are lookin' GOOD! Congrats on today and I hope you have a similar plan for tomorrow .

WELCOME BACK!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X