• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ROFLMAO !!! You are one fooking funny guy man :H :H

I love your style !

.. .. ..

Actually funny you mention the gym thing. After I get settled down Im gonna start working out. Not just for the babes ( though that would be priority #1 ) and not for the time shark .. but I need to get body mass goin on here. .. you know so the day after the big D im ready to go in. I kinda feel like third string right now..no no..make that benched for the season .

I really enjoy your posts man..Hey ! you know what .. we should do like a weekly friday MWO comedy improv tour thingy bud .. like we could ask everyone like what topic they want us to work with.. and and like totally rip the joint up with some like laughter and shit man ! .. that would be Cool ! Oh yea.. can you feel it !

We might even get some AF extra credit or something I dunno..
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just realized I'm the only one awake on the boards and wanted to post something. Like making the first footprint in the newly-fallen snow!!! Yep, insomnia makes me a dumb ass. I just put on a biore nose strip because I'm so bored. I also found 2 double sized bottles of Cabernet in the closet - not hidden, I just never went looking for wine these last 10=NO 11! days. Didn't even think about opening them or wanting a glass. Going to try to go to bed now. Who is going to write in the snow next???
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me me me! Hope you're fast asleep ISAIC!

Just cehcking in and reading. Nothing major to report,back still buggered. Osteopath appt tomorrow.
        Feel like a sore throat coming on- blergh!!

On a positive note - looking into holidays.... Whoop whoop. Hope I can get something booked. Winter upon us and I need some sun!

Hope everyone is well. I'll go back and read last nights posts :-))

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler and c-developer: you guys are funny!
          And Gambler: i simply LOVED your post.....I gave up AL for my children as well......your post is tool box worthy
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Abbers!

Hope everyone had a safe night in the nest

Minstar, I think I've picked up your head cold, must be contagious!!!

Dave & C-Dev, your cleaning & decorating skills are quite interesting :H
            Nothing like a good thrift store find! Have fun in your pursuits but don't forget your #1 priority right now, OK?

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a terrific AF Friday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Dave I agree. Living sober and just not drinking are two different things. I have had to find that out for myself as well.
              C-dev My house could use some decorating work. Right now its just plain old dog comfort.
              I too fight insomnia. I have for as long as I can remember. Fortunately it doesn't bother me as much these drinking days. Yet another bonus.
              Have a great af day everyone.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all
                quick check in, there's lots to be grateful for and being sober helps to focus in on the good. I'm grateful I get up and don't feel like shit! That's kinda starters for my day, that wonderful realization I don't need to worry about what I said, how much foot and mouth disease do I have.

I've done the get sober bit a bizillion times but some reason this one feels right, maybe it is because this place exists where before, always on my own. Happy to be here and glad to get to know everyone. Enjoy your weekends,
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

MinStar;1558708 wrote: Me me me! Hope you're fast asleep ISAIC!

Just cehcking in and reading. Nothing major to report,back still buggered. Osteopath appt tomorrow.
                  Feel like a sore throat coming on- blergh!!

On a positive note - looking into holidays.... Whoop whoop. Hope I can get something booked. Winter upon us and I need some sun!

Hope everyone is well. I'll go back and read last nights posts :-))
                  Thanks Min, good to know I'm not alone. Hope you back gets sorted! Maybe it is just your sinuses acting up instead of a cold coming on. That's what I tell myself. Take care of yourself and have a good weekend.
                  10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Strong, saw your post that you are getting on an international fliight and going to be in Belgium. You just have to get the first "no thank you, I'll have ______ (seltzer water, coke, coffee) out of your mouth and then the rest of the "no thanks" come more easily. Back in March, I was flying to Belgium and the guy next to me was having champagne. I contemplated guzzling his drink while he was in the bathroom. Instead, I held tight to my convictions and felt great landing in Brussels.

You can do this. You are strong and in control.
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

I woke up this morning and my first though as always was "How much did I drink last night? How hungover am I for work today?" I was thrilled to realize I didn't drink. To be honest, though, my next thought was "Oh, no, it's Friday"! It's going to be tough getting through the weekend without drinking. I will give it everything I've got. I can only imagine how happy I will be to reach Monday and still be on track.

Gambler, I loved your post. I hope I have your clarity on day 10. I haven't gone 10 days without drinking I 20 years. About time to do something about that.
                      You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am AF for full day, but today is Friday, and it has always been a 'thank God it's Friday' celebration with heavy drinking. I did not throw out the wine because my husband, a normal drinker, drinks wine too. He can nurse a glass of wine for hours...wish I could be like him, but I now realize my limitations. Thanks for all your encouraging words!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome back NoSugar. I can string a few days AF here and there, but then I start to feel "normal" and allow myself just one glass of wine - except, I never stop at just one. In the spring, I went for about 60 days and I felt so good, productive, etc. It ended when I attended a family party, and had just one glass of wine that day, but mistakenly felt in control and it went downhill from there. The next day, one glass turned into a bottle +.

My plan is to post daily, plan my days (at least initially) so that I have little down time to think about drinking, and just focus on getting through each day, as opposed to thinking about months/years ahead. I find that I drink in response to stress, which clearly doesn't solve any thing! I'm trying to keep this in perspective, as the problems are still there if I drink. In fact, drinking just makes everything worse. I also feel like I should drink at social/family/business events where everybody else seems to be as well. I need to mentally prepare for these functions so that I don't slip.

Kailey, I can relate to waking up, wondering how much I drank and what stupid things I did the night before. I'm so done with regrets & hangovers. I'm looking forward to getting through this weekend and feeling good on Monday morning.

Happy Friday!

cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2

Thanks for the welcome back NoSugar. I can string a few days AF here and there, but then I start to feel "normal" and allow myself just one glass of wine - except, I never stop at just one. In the spring, I went for about 60 days and I felt so good, productive, etc. It ended when I attended a family party, and had just one glass of wine that day, but mistakenly felt in control and it went downhill from there. The next day, one glass turned into a bottle +.

My plan is to post daily, plan my days (at least initially) so that I have little down time to think about drinking, and just focus on getting through each day, as opposed to thinking about months/years ahead. I find that I drink in response to stress, which clearly doesn't solve any thing! I'm trying to keep this in perspective, as the problems are still there if I drink. In fact, drinking just makes everything worse. I also feel like I should drink at social/family/business events where everybody else seems to be as well. I need to mentally prepare for these functions so that I don't slip.

Kailey, I can relate to waking up, wondering how much I drank and what stupid things I did the night before. I'm so done with regrets & hangovers. I'm looking forward to getting through this weekend and feeling good on Monday morning.

Happy Friday!

cocoflo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                              Off for a day trip with friends...will be good to get away for a little while...will probably tire me out but that is good. I wont be thinking about Friday night happy hour....;-))
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning ... As Jenniech recommended: I posting posting posting to avoid toasting toasting toasting!
                                Day 1 for me ..... I f'ing hate that I can't moderate ...... Funny guys cd and Dave!

Comment

Working...
                                X