Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1558850 wrote: Complacency is the enemy... It comes in several forms....

Edit: Shout out for Gambler! Day 13 is around the corner!!! You are doing great!
    Ok..I think I got this right.. so a question if I may ... Would "confidence" then be considered a sort of sibling or relative to complacency ? Based on my own definition.. Complacency ( Def: a feeling of smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements.) is a relaxed state of security and Confidence ( Def: a feeling or belief that you can do something well or succeed at something) would be akin to a stronger form of security. Should we be using something like "vigilantly aware" being a better state of mind to start manifesting then..and trashing the complacency and confidence forms out with the AL bath water ?

Thank you on the day 13 :h I guess by the time this weekend is over Ill be a teenager !! :yay:

halo;1558874 wrote: Have a great AF weekend everyone

Hey Halo.. what gives man ? I mean all week long when things are easier..peeps are hang out..you know.. snackin on worms and chattin .. then as soon as the Big Bad weekend comes..Poof ! Everybody leaves .. Gonna have to wrap my head around that one for sure ! :H

Dottie Belle;1558896 wrote: Had a great day trip...ate way too much and brought home some goodies

For whatever or no reason I wanted wine so bad tonight....but I did not stop on the way home....20 days and I dont want to start over..so here I am.....so glad u all are here...
    dottie

*sneaks in and quietly rummeges through the goodie bag* Oh crap ! Busted ! Oh hey there lovely Belle :-) .. um.. I just Love your southern accent..turns me to butter...

Seriously Good Catch on yourself .. May I ask how 20 days is different for you than it was at 10 ? Kinda wondering how the road lies ahead from here. ( I know its not going to be the same for me .. but.)

Day 10: It was a good day all in all. Emotions and feelings are balancing out nicely. I still have a sense of "urgency" but I think that might be healthy. I hope the uber-energy comes back Sunday ( I need to clean out the shed..Oy Vey ! ). Focus Is much better but not in control. I hate what I have become..A Neat Freak ! ;-) I cant wait to get out of the house now..Im ready to be Done with the seclusion deal.

So this weekend..for the first time Im going to Plan something. Im going to be with the boys All day Sat. so Im gonna have to find something to do. I think Im going to buy and build a rocket with them. I had found my old launch pad from days past and they are very exited to build one. Ill wait and see I guess. And then of course the shed thing.

Oh.. and a special special gift for the first one that can find a particular something different about me tomorrow .. sorry no hints :-) ( Ill have to think of a gift actually lol .. )

Love you guys.. take it easy and stay safe from all the freaking Drunks out there this AF weekend...:thumbs:

Dave
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave at day 10 I was still feeling foggy and in detox I think...day 20 I feel good and sleeping well and just better overall so I think that is the difference...more thoughts of wine since I have conveniently forgotten the "bad stuff"
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Totally agree with you Dot on the feeling foggy and bone tired. It is easy to forget the bad stuff but i just look in the mirror and see a person that looks better and feels better but AL is still a temptation for some reason.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad i'm not the only patron on board !!!

Thanks for the Welcome guys & gals, i'm a happy drunk so no need to be scared. Tonight is a struggle even with my Baclofen. The time is 6:15 pm here in Portland, Oregon that is, for all of you Easterners that only have Maine on the brain. This time of day is extremely difficult for me as im sure it is for most alkies, but so far AF!

Kudos for those of you who are already on the road to recovery, pray that i can join you shortly. Having been there, on more than one occasion, i clearly know all:thanks: to well, the struggles that lie ahead. But a start is a start and our team is growing !!! Thanks again for the welcome & hang tough, Clipped Wings

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1558916 wrote: Dave at day 10 I was still feeling foggy and in detox I think...day 20 I feel good and sleeping well and just better overall so I think that is the difference...more thoughts of wine since I have conveniently forgotten the "bad stuff"
            Dottie
            Sorry I must have missed that part in the thread ? Thank you for responding ..

Thats one aspect of AL that I am not really educated on. My brother went through detox+mental therapy when I was about 14 (he was 16) I found myself staying mostly clear of that whole thing. I Have nothing but respect for you Dottie. I take my hat off for you zwink: ( You should know that nobody touches my hat :h )
            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you kind sir....what a gentleman..;-)) Need scarlet OHara accent for this one...

dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Baclofen

Hey all, have been using Baclofen to try and curb these horrible cravings, are any of you doing the same? Seem fairly effective until after 7:00 pm, PST of course. Thanks, Clipped
                Wings

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wings there is an entire thread on meds ..have u found it?? Lots of good infor there.
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS Dave I wasn't actually in a detox facility rather was in detox phase at home..getting the AL out of my system..that is what I meant..felt bad so it was easier to not drink...now that I am feeling better the thoughts are back but I am not acting on them
                    dot
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters.

Just a quiet evening at casa de developer tonight vegging out to my newest video game acquisition (Grand Theft Auto 5). It is just as addictive as the other games in the series so far. Happy to be AF, and I look forward to waking up tomorrow with no hangover
                      In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1558929 wrote: PS Dave I wasn't actually in a detox facility rather was in detox phase at home

.now that I am feeling better the thoughts are back but I am not acting on them
                        dot
                        I was wondering how I missed that one lol ok..things make much more sense now. You can act all you want.. just dont drink ! :goodjob:

C-Developer;1558946 wrote:
                        Evening Nesters.

Just a quiet evening at casa de developer tonight vegging out to my newest video game acquisition (Grand Theft Auto 5). It is just as addictive as the other games in the series so far. Happy to be AF, and I look forward to waking up tomorrow with no hangover
                        I got sweet 360 ultra with go fast stripes on it .. for some reason the Wii is more relaxing.

Well I found another crave killer...Shopping at 10pm. Not that I had one..but I felt good smiling at the cute cashier

And I think im going to become a Yoplait addict. I havent had fruity bad boy yoplait in 20 years ... mmmm delish ( Yes I know ladies..buy organic..but these are some tasty yummy little cups of ambrosia :l )

Comment

Newbies Nest

Survived my 3rd Friday night....I am going to bed and sleep soundly...woohoo.
                          Night all..
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 done ... Night all Byrdie thanks for words of understanding and encouragement!
                            Dave - I meant I wish I could just drink one of two and be done... Instead it having 10... But like you Sake123 I really know I don't want one I want 10 it more w no adverse effects!
                            Life change Dottie. CD. Min Halo lav Byrd no sugar BH great job! Thanks for all your encouragement
                            Clipped welcome
                            Where is Trinity? Praying for her

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nesters - Although I have only been visiting this forum for a short time, I genuinely care about each of us and our struggle to change our lives (and in turn those who care about us). Every time someone has one more day, it makes me happy. After all, I need to live in the here and now. And right now, it sounds like everyone is doing their very best with what they have. Congrats to everyone here, right now! We're doing this...one second, minute, hour, day, week, month & year at a time!! Scream, holler, cry, laugh, or just be silent...just don't drink! Happy Friday Everyone...I for one and thankful to be here today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Please excuse my lack of commas...I am a lazy typist..but at least I'm not drunk! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X