Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

C I am jealous...would love to have a hunky personal trainer...My goal is to look like I did 30 years ago but I realize they are personal trainers not miracle workers....
    I need to get back to the gym too..sigh.....
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Cdev and Dottie!!

And Kailey, great going on holding tight last night. It sounds like a good idea to have a strong, fool proof plan set up for the entire weekend. -- check in here as often as possible and spend some time on the toolbox thread. It's a great read and full of super ideas for plans and emergencies-- the link is in the signature part of K9 and Byrdie -- mine as well, but I can't seem to make it say "tool box"--but it's the blue one at the bottom-- anyway, I have been struggling a bit today and will be here most of the weekend, so I look forward to seeing you--

Lav, how are those chicks doing? I keep forgetting to ask, but saw pictures of them-- they are so friggin' cute. Do you give them all names? Can you tell them apart?

I can, How are you?

Hi Beagle!!
      I'm trying not to burn the cheesy scones I'm making so back in a bit....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey C! I'm jealous and excited for you too! :yay:

After my twins were born, I was fortunate to have a trainer at our local fitness/community center work with me one to one and also took his classes religiously. I just loved him.
        And There's no question that my level of fitness and commitment and just plain having a great time went up exponentially!!

I was rockin for over seven years but then got derailed by an auto accident...
        That and 72 glasses of wine a night.

It so great you get the best of the best to help you through your journey. Way To Go!!! :l
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

CDev, the personal trainer is a brilliant idea! Three times a week with him is really committed, well done! I saw one on Monday, he has given me a new routine and I am going to see him once a month so he can check I am not dead yet :H Good luck with it.

Thanks for the hug gambler dave, it's taken me a while but I am in a much better place than 6 months ago, and I know my Mum would be proud of me. :l

I was away to Edinburgh to meet some old friends from there today. I haven't seen them in a while, we had a great lunch at a nice restaurant and gossiped and laughed our heads off for an hour or so before some serious shopping! No one was drinking at lunch, well not at our table anyway, which was good. I would have been all right if one of them had wine, even in my drinking days I wouldn't even have so much as half a glass of wine if I was driving. They know that, so it wouldn't have been an issue.

I had a great day, fabulous food, great company, and a lovely new dress for a big night out in October.

Beagle, sounds like you and your man had a great time with that 20 bucks! It's amazing how far money goes when AL isn't involved.

Another day out tomorrow, this time with my daughter and nieces. We all have a crazy sense of humour and enjoy each others company so much. My family has seen a lot of tragedy, but I still feel blessed with the family I had, and the family I have left. All through my life, even at the hardest of times, the primary sound I recall is laughter.

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy weekend.
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Week 6. Another Saturday night staying in. Getting bored. Work is at a stand still while I wait on others to finish work for me. I think that is stressing me out and really making me want to just relax with some drink. Family all on the wine and beer as I speak.

Also realise how many people no longer contact me because they know I don't drink like I used to.

Also, stopping drinking is opening me up and finally feeling ready to share my life with someone. But really want to find someone who isn't a piss head haha.

Random ramblings I know. But this place helps

Comment

Newbies Nest

Everyone doing so well!
              I'm in Visitor Purgatory.....hubs' brother came in Thursday night and today my SIL is coming over. I was expecting her just after lunch (over an hour ago) but of course she got side tracked! UGG....
              I was telling NoSugar that I am caught with my britches down, been so busy at work that all I have on hand is Pancake mix and mustard....back in the old days, I'd go to the store if there was a threat of being out of something!!! Had to keep my stash in good shape! 72 wines a day don't buy themselves!!! (Kradle, classic line there!!).
              Stay strong everyone....wish you were here helping me entertain all these In-Laws!!!
              Hugs to all, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone hope everything is well with you and your having a nice relaxing day

I just wanted to check in real quick..I am with my boys all day long and up til 9 :h

Got them both a rocket this morning .. the little one made his but the eldest just played on the Xbox and read a few of my Far Side books. Just went to the thrift store quickly to nab a disposable 12" skillet .. while I was there I found a brand spanking new pair of Rockport top siders for 7 Bucks !! ( Retail=100 + ) and a pair of slightly used Nike compete running shoes for 250 pennies ( another 100 + pair of foot covers ) Score !!! I could feel an Itch brewin .. so this helped out a bit.

Anyways its time to go chef my boys bellies full

Take care friends .. Hope everything is Af-ok. Be back later.

Dave
                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a awesome Saturday! Everyone is doing so great! Say a prayer for our K9er I think she is still a little down about everything right now. But knowing her she will pull threw it like a champ. Beautiful day outside the leaves our changing. I finally got good night's sleep. I can tell my meds are working. And I am ready to do a jog and lift some weights. Hope everyone is hanging in there and having a wonderful day!
                  Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to hear everyone is doing so well. Just hear a good Saturday night in. Family were drinking, I didn't join in but had fun never the less.

Refused am invite out to a party. Got called boring. My mate will be out of his mind tonight and depressed tomorrow. I have engagements tomorrow, and ask not becoming that guy that Let's people down any more. To a fresh Sunday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:groupluv::day5::band2::disco:It's Saturday night and we're all sober - yeah!!!!!!:disco:
                      AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sometimes i think dh is so clueless....we were in the grocery store and they were having wine tasting...I was just walking by and dh said, want to stop by to taste..u could just have some here and not want it later right??? I gave him "THE LOOK". He got my message....good grief wouldn't u think he would have caught on by now???? But came home with NO tasting and NO wine....
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Finallydone glad you are feeling better.
                          Brydie so sorry about the in-laws. I know how that feels!!
                          Dottie glad you are hanging tough.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just shoot me.
                            One In-Law down....one to go.....Talked OUT.

So good to see everyone checking in and doing so well!
                            Dot Belle, sorry for the clueless hubs....I don't think the average Joe knows what's involved in all this! You got us, tho! We KNOW! So proud of your LONG string of days...is this your record? Remember we always want to be in uncharted waters! Never want to repeat what you've already done (wrote the book on that one, I'm afraid) Let's stay on new territory together!!
                            Hugs all, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie my record was 45 days...that was about 5 years ago....
                              Next goal is 30 days then on then on to break my record.....
                              I feel proud of myself too..
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

starting today

So....If anyone read my other post, its been pretty horrible.

You'd think I wouldn't have drunk last night, but I did. So today is it, 30 days.

I have gone 30 days before, not completely though as i had one or 2 occasionally. This will be the first time in about 10 years I have not drunk at all for a month.

I'm looking forward to meeting friends here, both old and new.

Comment

Working...
                                X