• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Dottie, I could write the bible on clueless spouses
    You are doing great, hang in there.
    Same to you Londoner - you will find your way in AF-land

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post Daya - glad you stopped in. Make yourself comfy
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boohay ! .. Saturday night !!

Oh god ... no diatribe tonight folks sorry. ( crowd cheers ).

I just want to lay down and veg out to the new Star Trek movie and fall asleep.

NIght one and all .. and to the new comers :welcome: I think you will be surprised at what you find here.. I did
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there nesters! Checking in from vacation land. This is my first AF vacation ever and so happy to report that there's really no fear here of a relapse. I'm reading Alcohol Lied to Me, what a mind opener. Loving the time on the road, camping, visiting family. 112 days AF, it gets easier folks, trust me!

Londoner so good to see you staying strong!

All the best nesters, talk soon. Stay close and stick together!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1559350 wrote: Just shoot me.
            One In-Law down....one to go.....Talked OUT.

So good to see everyone checking in and doing so well!
            Dot Belle, sorry for the clueless hubs....I don't think the average Joe knows what's involved in all this! You got us, tho! We KNOW! So proud of your LONG string of days...is this your record? Remember we always want to be in uncharted waters! Never want to repeat what you've already done (wrote the book on that one, I'm afraid) Let's stay on new territory together!!
            Hugs all, Byrdie
            Oh Byrdie! You crack me up!:H
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1559376 wrote: Boohay ! .. Saturday night !!

Oh god ... no diatribe tonight folks sorry. ( crowd cheers ).

I just want to lay down and veg out to the new Star Trek movie and fall asleep.

NIght one and all .. and to the new comers :welcome: I think you will be surprised at what you find here.. I did
              Gambler! I can see your life change in every post. It's awesome isn't it. Proud of you!:goodjob:
              Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night all ... Day 2 done by hardest ... Have a great hangover free Sunday everyone ... Good job Dottie

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning nesters

Here I am, up at 730 on a Sunday morning and I am just raring to go. When I first got sober I found weekends really difficult and strange, now I just love my sober free time.

3J, I was wondering where you were! Good to hear you are having a great time

I can, well done. You too dottie, it must be so hard with your hubby drinking like that.

Byrdy, please try not to kill your in laws! We'd miss you if you had to do time!

Welcome Daya, glad you joined us. Well done on your 30 days! :goodjob:

I am going to be out and about all day, happy Sunday nesters old and new. :l
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

just a quick fly by until later-- I'm so happy to have made it through yesterday unscathed! It has proven to be true this time that there aren't 2 terrible days in a row (thanks Byrdie for that-- kept me a bit positive yesterday!!) and now I'm able to be 100% present for my sweet little 8 year old. AND I didn't lose by nearly as much as usual playing memory. Meaning, my memory must be improving! yay--One of the many benefits of AFness!

Hello to Available and Bhalo and good to hear from you 3J and I can--and everyone else coming along.
                    see you soon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LC, good day here and i managed to start cleaning the garage although i found old photos of the kids so spent more time reminiscing than actually cleaning. oh but it was great to look back at how much they have grown and i did realise that my children hardly wore clothes while growing up lol.

did write a long winded message to put on here last night and lost it so i gave up, my patience level to retype it was zero.

Work tomorrow and my office manager who i love to hate and it is reciprocated will not be in so a good start to the week, now if only another work colleague called in sick my Monday would be brighter.

Hope everyone is doing well and LC we have made it to 3 weeks, woo hoo to us and Dottie also. My son was having a drink today and i did fleetingly think gee i would like a glass but walked away.

Hope everyone everywhere is have a great day/night. Will check in later, busy chatting up a guy and boy is it novel to be sober and doing it.
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday morning Nesters!

Had lots of rain overnight in my portion of the nest, good sleeping weather
                        Great to hear everyone's reports about moving forward in an AF way. This is something you'll never ever regret, I promise!

Wishing a great AF day for one & all.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all
                          glad to be here and feels good to not have the hangover cobwebs. Sunday used to mean football and beer, now it means sometimes football and no beer. Actually I do football by listening to the radio, no TV reception, so I can do other stuff. But it is funny, my man cave use to be my pick-up truck and my radio. If I ran out of beer, I was already set to drive somewhere and get more. Damn I was lucky never to get a DUI. What a terrible waste of time! I am so glad to have quit that crap. Time to clean the chimney, fall is coming on!

Hope everyone enjoys their day.
                          Sam
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                            Very autumn like here. I like it...
                            Off to church then lunch...football later today...glad to be facing it with a clear head...22 days and counting....WooHoo
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Somebody, anybody, get me out of here!
                              Brother in law packing his truck to leave...we're IN THE DRIVEWAY....HIS son and wife pull up!! WTH??????????????? They are now all down there talking! I cannot take more relatives!! I have NO FOOD and I'm talked OUT! Do these people not have PHONES!!????
                              Dam. Is all I can say. Sorry to complain....but I just want some time to come to my site and visit with MY friends here!!!
                              Dot B! You really do sound like a different girl!!! So happy for you! You'll be breaking that record in short order!
                              Must. Go. Talk. :upset: B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdie
                                this almost sounds like one of those Chevy Chase National Lampoon movies!
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X