Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
    Walk back in the hous and grab a suitcase...throw some clothes init and just look surprised and 'disappointed' at you won't be able to spend any time with them.

Then go to a restaurant and have a nice long brunch!

Oh, and bring your laptop or iPad so you can hang out a bit with us...we promise not to pull up in your driveway :H
    :l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

i am so lost how to rly post and navigate these pages

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am tryin to help myself. I want to stop dranking. I want to be a good mom.not one that cannt remember the night before sometimes. I lie about my dranking. everyone knows I have a promble and times time for me to face it. but on my own. but how do I start??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Top of the morning everyone.

Dottie Belle;1559302 wrote: Sometimes i think dh is so clueless....
          Byrdlady;1559350 wrote: Dot Belle, sorry for the clueless hubs....I don't think the average Joe knows what's involved in all this!

You have to remember ladies that us guys are wired differently. I know that sounds cliche, but most of us do not have much if any expression of Empathy towards females ( or even other males for that matter ). I would agree that "Not my problem" or "Sucks to be you" is an unfortunate and narrow minded trait of the male side of the species . For the most part we cant "relate" because we are not in touch with even our own feelings. So in saying your male counterpart is "clueless" is partially correct. Saying that He "Just cant understand" is closer to the truth. But saying "He refuses not to understand" is about as close to the truth as I can think of right now. Its a self defense mechanism..It helps us suppress our own feelings. So being Inconsiderate, inattentive and making thoughtless remarks are just side affects of this Affliction. Im not excusing ourselves
          ( well not me ) .. and I could be totally wrong with your situation. Bottom line ..were assholes sometimes..simple as that..sorry ..:h

Thank you very much finallydone. This is truly the best thing about being AF..the Change..Really amazing.

Available: Yea I did that yesterday lol. Had me a nice post going on and lost it after a "preview"..thought I had posted .. closed the window .. and Gone !! Bah !

Samstone;1559567 wrote:
          What a terrible waste of time! I am so glad to have quit that crap.
          Samstone: Man Im so with you on that. Back when I was drinking it would be about this time today ( 11am ) that I would wake up from my saturday hangover. After a few cups of joe and some water I would be back at it by 1pm..drink till 3pm..fall asleep again. Day completely gone ! Now Those days are Gone
          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

so lost;1559581 wrote: but how do I start??
            You just did !

Hello so lost. I would recommend that you start reading the threads here. Just read read read ! It will help you deside for yourself what you need to do next.. We are here for you ! :l

Dont leave ! just hang around ok .. Im new here and I can attest that just being here has had the single most greatest impact on my AF life !

Dave
            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha Dave!!! True dat about men...... Byrdie fly fly
              Samstone lol...
              So hangover free awesome!!!!!!
              Love y'all .... Carry on

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I didn't make it through the weekend. Even though I knew I would need a plan, I never really put one together and ended up opening up a bottle of wine last night. (Part of the plan should have been getting all of the alcohol out of the house -at least now I've taken care of that!)

I will tackle this again. With a lot of hard work I'll be working on a plan for next weekend with 5 AF days under my belt!
                You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Meds for Alcohol !!!

Hey Dottie, haven't found the meds section yet but still looking. Thanks for writing back, Clipped Wings:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clipped look under new posts. There is usually something in that section under the med threads.
                    Dave it is so refreshing to finally hear a man admit the depth of reality. What a gulf separates men a women.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clipped if you are on the page that has the just starting out then below it general then below that I think is the list of medications list..from the main page I think...
                      Start with Introduction & general discussions then it is on that page..
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dottie, just posted a long letter and poured my heart out only to have it kicked off and throw me back to square 111 !!! Extremely frustrating, my skills on this forum are much to be desired. Will keep searching for this site. Thanks again Dottie, Clipped Wings

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clipped Wings - that happened to me once as well. I took it as a sign to shut my trap and listen..LOL! Seriously, I'm not sure why it happened. But I do understand how frustrating that is!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters

welcome so lost, I posted to your other thread. You will find lots of support, advice and encouragement by posting and reading the threads here.

Kailey, you can learn from what you experienced last night, don't be too hard on yourself, you have started on your plan already!

Ican, it's great to hear you sounding so positive!

I've had a fabulous time today with the family, my sides are sore from laughing and my heart is full of love for them. Bless their little socks! All in all a brilliant weekend. When I think of how I used to spend my weekends it makes me shudder. There is so much joy to be had without that poison distorting your life.

If anyone is thinking of reaching for the bottle I would urge you to think of the misery AL has caused you. After all, if wasn't making you miserable, you wouldn't be here, would you?

I hope everyone is staying safe and strong :l
                            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brydie I am feeling for you with visitors, you just want them all to go away, dont they understand you need a bit of weekend for yourself. My mother comes for an indefiite period in October and I dont know what to do with not having much me time. Work seems a great place when she is here although i love her dearly.

My sleep pattern has turned to crap again, tossing and turning, getting 5 to 6 hours of sleep and the dreams are back!!!! God dreamt about my daughters wedding and where was my MOB dress, damned if i did not lose it somewhere, false nails broke, it was all happening. Oh well still have a 6 weeks to lose that dress.

Monday here and work but the sun is shining and the head is not hurting. Have a great day all.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone .. just a quick check in again ..

Just gotta call that the boys got back from some kids birthday party so Im outa here for a bit. Gonna watch the new Star Trek with them..

Been away from the boards a lot the past few days .. Im starting to miss you guys .. take good care all.

Dave

PS. Shed is now Eeemmaculate !

Comment

Working...
                                X