Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Afternoon nesters. Piper, you know what drinking can lead to. We are about the same time sober. Try to stay positive, life is so much better without AL! :l

Monday off work today, sweet! I am going to get my car washed, then going to the gym with my daughter when she finishes work. I hope everyone is having a good Monday!
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi friends,

Piper, it's ok to feel down at times, that's just life. The best thing you can do is just to take drinking off the table as an option. Just find a different way to deal with those feelings. Excercise is huge for me, I can never stay miserable when I'm sweaty and tired! We might have different temperaments so we all have to figure out how to get through these periods on our own, but when you do it is so rewarding. Pull those nasty thoughts up the weeds they are and get on with living your life.

NS, I hope you're feeling better soon. Nice job "fast forwarding" through the romantic part of that fantasy. Sometimes I think our brain kind of defaults to that setting without us actively engaging in drinking thoughts. Very annoying indeed.
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1559902 wrote:

NS, I hope you're feeling better soon. Nice job "fast forwarding" through the romantic part of that fantasy. Sometimes I think our brain kind of defaults to that setting without us actively engaging in drinking thoughts. Very annoying indeed.
        Thanks, Pinecone. I am feeling much better today, I am happy to say. My patience with any sort of health problem is so low now! I got so used to feeling poorly due to drinking that one more thing didn't really rock my world. Now I want to feel wonderful all of the time!

It was so weird last night because I was feeling so calm and thinking about having a glass of wine seemed to be a decision no more important than whether I should add bubbles to the bath. It just seemed like no big deal with no big consequences. I guess that is what ultimately shocked the heck out of me. It was an Addiction Voice I hadn't heard before! Shutting up the whiny, demanding voice is now pretty easy (and I rarely hear it) because I know exactly what is going on and how to stop it.

I guess I posted my experience just to remind people to stay alert - no matter where in this process you are.

NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters

I have had a full day already & it's just after 12 noon

piper, reading your post made me think - she needs to work on her gratitude list!
          Actually sit down & write about everything you are grateful for since going AF. I think we take things for granted, get complacent. Now is a good time for you to do something new & exciting. Shake things up a little in your life, enjoy being healthy & sober

NS, staying alert is a must! We have to protect our quits at all costs. I don't know about you but I am fairly certain that I don't have another quit in me. If I decided to restart drinking & smoking ~ that would be the end of me & I'm just not ready to go yet!!!!

Have a great AF rest of the day everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesties!

Thanks for the shout-out on Saturday FD...and thanks for checking up on me and the kid...we are doing ok now! She has her ups and downs, but then, don't we all?

Oh Byrdie, you and your visitors...I know it's not funny, but yeah, it was funny. LOL Next time just pretend like you're not home.

Lav - How are those baby chicks...are they all named Stella again?

Well here we go again....Monday...UGH.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,
              Up this morning and walked the doggies...have not done that in a long time...good for them and my weight too....making progress I would say.....
              Feeling better too..not as tired and sleeping better...need to work on the yard today too..the weeds have taken over....how did that happen????
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper I appreciate you for getting so many responses to you post. I have been hitting a real flat spot myself. I don't want to drink, but I just don't seem to want to do anything else either. I am so tired and feel so flat. Yes I've tried exercise until it hurts, so I will just keep on going. Like I told hubby, I guess I'll sleep extra until I' m not tired any more.
                No Sugar that was some thought. I know that purpose addict voice types many different tactics to try and get us to give in. Hits us when we are weak and vulnerable. Thank you for sharing that.
                3June I hope you are having a great vacation. You deserve it.
                Have a great day af day all
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello! Just checking in. Sorry been off this weekend. Haven't caught up on oists but wanted to say hello. Am sting in d21. I think. Hope everyone is ok. Ill try an catch up posts xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Phew !! Long day guys ..

Didnt get much sleep again..Its like one day on and one day off. Feeling exhausted both mentally and physically. Im trying to squeeze every waking it seems. For the last week time has been going very fast! Not enough time ..

Just had a crappy day. I very much think and Feel that I am being Set up. All the "understanding" that I had with Her is now breaking down for me. Im telling you guys .. my spider sence is going nuts !

That feeling of Urgency is growing stronger by the day. Anxiety is starting to grow and fester at times.

Im still doing well on not having a heavy urge to drink. Actually yesterday after cleaning out the shed I sat down for a smokie and had this natural feeling to walk to the fridge and have a beer. Of course no beer there .. it was just "welp time for a beer" without even thinking about it. No urge per say .. just like natural. only lasted a moment lol

Well Im off to clean the last of the rooms to clear things up and make me feel better.

I should be back in a few hours or 4.. take good care all and if you could spare some good will towards me that would be much appreciated .. Thank you :l
                    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening nesters

Dave, separation and divorce is never going to be easy sweetie, especially when those beautiful boys of yours are in the middle of it all. They need their Dad more than ever. Try not to let the anxiety get in the way. You are sober and rational, that's exactly what they need you to be right now. :l

On the subject of feeling 'flat'. Normal people feel that way too sometimes, it is not necessarily because we are sobered up alkies, life just feels like that sometimes, drinking or not!

I am thinking of booking a holiday. Something to look forward to as Winter rears it's ugly head. I hate winter and cold weather, that definitely gets me feeling flat. So I figure if I book a wee holiday in the sun for early next year it will help me get through.

I got into such a financial mess when I was drinking and smoking a holiday would have been unthinkable. My finances are picking up already after only a couple of months being smoke and AL free.

Day off today, had a lazy morning after my busy weekend but made up for it at the gym tonight!

TV and strawberry sorbet now, but I'll keep my eye on the boards as well before bedtime. I love this place. :l
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave we are here for you. I am divorced too but didn't have any kids but it still was very hard and hurtful...I didn't face it sober so you have that advantage. Stay strong and post as often as u need to...
                        Dot
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters - Soooo glad to be back here and reading, catching up, and posting. Looks like I missed a lot over the weekend. Proud to say I did make it through a wedding af. Wasn't even tempted really. There was wine and beer, but I drank ice tea/lemonade and later switched to water. Ate a lot of the really good food which was a first.
                          - Byrdie - I feel for you on the house guests that would not leave - I do remember the SNL skit on that one. You're too nice! But, shame on them - really!
                          - Dave - So sorry about what you're going through on top of trying to stay sober. Now more than ever you need to remain strong and af - for those beautiful boys. Also, I've had posts disappear because I had to log back in. Try to copy your post before you hit submit, then log back in if need be and paste it.
                          - NS - probably I didn't read far enough back, but sounds like you had a bit of a struggle - so glad you came through it with no regrets.
                          - Hello to the newbies and like everyone has advised; read, plan, post, read, plan, post.....
                          Missed everyone! Hugs to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1560046 wrote:

I got into such a financial mess when I was drinking and smoking a holiday would have been unthinkable. My finances are picking up already after only a couple of months being smoke and AL free.
                            Love your quote BH.

They say that a lifetime of alcohol consumption costs about the same as a house. If you add a lifetime of half a pack of smokes a day that's two new cars or about the same as sending two of your children to university (all paid for) and giving them a debt free start in life.

Insane isn't it?

AK
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

trying AGAIN
                              what is wrong with me????
                              I feel i am getting there.....
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1559984 wrote:

If I decided to restart drinking & smoking ~ that would be the end of me & I'm just not ready to go yet!!!!
                                Lav it is interesting you should say this. I was reading an article a few days ago. It was said that for every month that people smoke they lose about a week of their life. So I gave up just over a year ago, meaning I am going to live 3 months longer than I would have otherwise.

Better yet the article also mentioned that after 10 years it was almost impossible to tell whether a person was a smoker as all of the damage is reversed.

So good news all around

AK
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X