Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sitting here tonight having that little conversation in my head about drinking....sure u can have a few...fundraiser what a good reason to have a few....good grief...need to turn this OFF!!!!
    AK I quit smoking many decades ago and I have had some breathing tests and they told me the same thing...couldn't tell I had ever smoked....woohoo...
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

What I miss about being sober: surface reflections
      1. Miss having a clear head at all times
      2. miss having a memory past 8pm
      3. miss the feeling that I could challenge anyone at anytime if needed (job related)
      4. miss setting a good example for my kids
      5. miss total honesty with my husband

such a waste of time, money and calories!!!!
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

my plan for the rest of the evening:

1. watch latest breaking bad episode with camomile tea and weight watchers dessert
        2. get into bed with a new book that I have been looking forward to reading
        3. falling asleep (not passing out)
        4. getting a good, restful sleep

sounds heavenly!!!
        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go for it Jen, you will feel the difference and try to not listen to those AL thoughts. I must watch breaking bad, heard it is good from Dottie and now yourself. The good thing is now i will remember the whole series, now that is a positive.

Not sure about the good restful sleep, even after 24 days my pattern is crap but i need to give my body time to heal, after 15 years of abuse i think this will take a fair while.

Be strong you can do this.
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks available!!
            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jen that is a great plan and you definitely will not have any regrets tomorrow.
              Dave I understand about anxiety. This is a very stressful time for you. Don't beat yourself up. Take a hot shower or do some stretches. That's what I do. Some deep breathing and focusing helps too. Take it easy.
              Bhalo planning a trip for that time sounds wonderful. Let us know what you plan.
              One of my favorite holidays is Mardi Gras. I plan to have a wonderful af time this year with no alcoholic regrets. Doggie parade, Spanish Town party. Maybe a couple of other family friendly events.
              Have a great night everyone.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Dropping in again to make sure everyone is safe for the night

jenni, stop fighting yourself - you have a good plan, just jump in & don't look back. You won't be sorry, you'll finally find the mind peace we all desire & truly deserve.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back for just a second..then off to the pantry room crammed with tools and crap that was supposed to be done cleaned by now. but I got a call saying the boys had a soccer game so I felt better when I saw them Just had a rough day .. thank you all for being here :h:

Hope everyone elses day is going well. Talk to you after some much needed rest.

Dave
                  Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                  AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey All,
                    Just checking in, been a few weeks. So many newbies here, Welcome!
                    Doing well, but, my work schedule is just freaking nuts. I don't seem to have the time to read and post. Tons of travel, in the past two weeks I have been to Champaign, IL., Chicago, Louisville, KY., Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.
                    Having trouble trying to string more than a few days together sober., 3-5 days at time, at best. However, on the days I do drink, I'm not getting totally wasted like I used to do. 3 or 4 units. still too much, I know.
                    Usually travel with a few at work, and meet with others on site. Very hard to not drink with the group, as it's how all seem to unwind after long days. It's usually the same group of folks at many job sites, both internally and externally. Very hard to escape the group.
                    Just trying to keep things in check.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,
                      I sure wish I had more time-- I'm completely out of the loop at the moment.
                      Hope everyone has a good AF day, and I'm looking forward to catching up soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning nesters. Mr V, good to see you posting, we missed you! Just popped in with my coffee in had to say hello and wish everyone a happy and sober Tuesday. I have a busy work day ahead, looking forward to it. Have a great day everyone
                        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there, Nesters,

A quick fly-by from me! Still no computer at home; hasty post from my work P.C.

I hope everyone's staying strong and reaping the rewards of the AF life.

Special Hi to Little Beagle :l

Wishing you well,
                          love Steady:h
                          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1... I am going to keep at this until I get it right....last time I just quit posting and went on a 6 month drink....not this time ... I will not drink today.... Jenniech let's do this!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I just ran across something that may be helpful to many of you - consider signing up:
                              http://www.mentorschannel.com/WildDi...gPage/&af=1101

I used the MWO Hypno CDs 'religiously' my first year here & they really helped me relax & stay focused on my goals. I moved on to guided meditations after that & find them very helpful. If you are struggling to stay focused on your goals please give something like this a try

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr Vervill;1560341 wrote: Hey All,
                                Just checking in, been a few weeks. So many newbies here, Welcome!
                                Doing well, but, my work schedule is just freaking nuts. I don't seem to have the time to read and post. Tons of travel, in the past two weeks I have been to Champaign, IL., Chicago, Louisville, KY., Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.
                                Having trouble trying to string more than a few days together sober., 3-5 days at time, at best. However, on the days I do drink, I'm not getting totally wasted like I used to do. 3 or 4 units. still too much, I know.
                                Usually travel with a few at work, and meet with others on site. Very hard to not drink with the group, as it's how all seem to unwind after long days. It's usually the same group of folks at many job sites, both internally and externally. Very hard to escape the group.
                                Just trying to keep things in check.
                                Hey Mr V
                                wondered where you've been, good to see you. It's great having so many people nesting... reclaiming themselves from the AL bastard. Hope you're well
                                Sam
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X