Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters!
    Had a wonderful evening with my high school BFF! As usual, I was the only non drinker, but I think the only one that noticed was me! It was great to catch up with her and her hubs.
    Jennie and Ican....more sympathetic I could not be. I was like one of those boxers on tv, I kept fighting it and fighting it, and I'd go back into the ring (continue to drink) and get beat up some more until one day it just stuck! Don't do it!! Don't go back in! You realize that NOTHING good is going to come from giving in and going back into the ring. You ARE going to get the sh*t beat out of you by AL. Plus, the game is rigged....you CAN'T win!! I tried it solid for a year...to say that I had 100 day 1's isn't much of an exaggeration. You can do this and you WILL do it! Stay with us!! Come here and read BEFORE you pick up that drink! We are pulling for you!!
    Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Tuesday!!! Hugs to all! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Birdie You hit the nail on the head. Over the many years of hard drinking I quit 100's of times but always with the thought that I could, at some point, drink normally, (whatever that is). It is only with the thought that I just cant moderate was I been able to get comfortablly close to 60 days. (my record over the last 25 plus years is 90 days but even then I knew I would drink again). I'll take one exception to your analogy, I think not drinking is like getting in that ring, the differnce being that with each AF day I'm winning on the round count.
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning one and all hope everyone had a restfull night..

I would first like to apologize to those of you that saw my original last post last night. I didnt mean to emotionally unload on your nice day like that. However I still resign the fact that If I was trying to do this on my own, without MWO ( You fine peeps ), I feel that I would have caved yesterday. Again my thanks :h

So here I am with 11 hours of sleep,a breakfast cooked for a king and some top shelf gourmet coffee backing me up I am ready to hit this day running

Two whole AF weeks..wow..hard to imagine. With Your support and a place go when times are tough I Can imagine a 3rd AF in my future.

I am beginning to see another aspect to AF life that had not completely seen before. Responsibility and Accountability for my actions. In the past I could us AL to excuse myself in a way "Im sorry about that..I was drunk and didnt mean it" type mentality. No more can I use AL to justify my faults .. on the flip side Others can no longer use AL as an excuse to deny me any longer .

At any rate..for the next few days Im going to focus on finishing My House (Both my home and my head). I want/need a fresh start leaving the past behind me. There are just a few more things for me to repair or let go of before I can Truly live my AF life. Slowly but surely I am building a solid foundation on which to base my life on. Im excitedly sketching out the blueprints for my new Home ...

Well my friends I'm gonna head for a bit. May your day prove free of tribulations.

Dave

PS. Um.. now that Im 2 weeks AF does that mean I can have a capitol "G" now..? :H
        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok now .. whos the one praying for me .. I wanna know .. fess up now ..

Funny thing just happened .. I got a reply from an old craigs list add just now for a job :H

Wish me luck
          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all,
            Walked the dogies again this morning...we ALL better lose some weight...
            Think I have a cold...stuffed up and feeling poorly but not giving in to it....
            Off to grocery store.
            Back later.
            Dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck Gambler with a capital G!!!

When you are done organizing your house, can you please come and do mine? It needs some serious help! Of course, having the front room torn up because of a broken pipe underneath the foundation hasn't helped. They're in there jackhammering right now. Meanwhile I have a mattress in the dining room and dressers in the living room and clothes/shoes piled in the kitchen....it's cute. LOL

Seriously is it only Tuesday?

Glad to see so many here. Jenniech and Ican....dust off and start over. We KNOW how hard this is, but so worth it. You can do it, we all believe in you!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, you and I were poster children for starting over! Something finally clicked in us, tho! We NEVER gave up! B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yup Yup Byrdie...I kept starting over and over and over...until one time I came to the Nest at my normal "40 Day F*ck Up Time" and you and Lav and others talked me out of it. I made it over that hump...and every hump since. I realized that I just don't have the energy to start over. It really is easier to not drink than to drink. I don't have to scheme and plan and lie and hide anymore. My life is pretty darn simple now!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1560589 wrote: Good luck Gambler with a capital G!!!
                    :thanks:

Score on the job well.. 98 % sure ..

Full court press now to get things finished by this weekend..then its all about only 3 things..Stay AF-the boys-the job.

Oh..K9 I really would help you out..but im not licensed

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Lav thanks for that link, I am so signing up for that! Good luck with the job thing gambler, hope that works out for you.

Ican, jennie, how are you both doing?

I'm finally sitting down, been on the go all day. Drinking tea and watching telly, can't wait till bedtime :H
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd and K9 I have stopped over 100 times too...at least that many times...sad but true..but I do feel good this time...approaching my first goal next week....
                        dot
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Speaking of Day ones, I must have a gazillion. I looked back at some calendars I've kept over the past few years, and I see "Day 1" written all over the place. Really crazy, when you think about it. I hope I don't have to write those God-awful words again.

Day 12, and loving it.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1560690 wrote: K9, you and I were poster children for starting over! Something finally clicked in us, tho! We NEVER gave up! B
                            K9Lover;1560694 wrote:
                            Yup Yup Byrdie...I kept starting over and over and over...until one time I came to the Nest at my normal "40 Day F*ck Up Time" and you and Lav and others talked me out of it. I made it over that hump...and every hump since. I realized that I just don't have the energy to start over. It really is easier to not drink than to drink. I don't have to scheme and plan and lie and hide anymore. My life is pretty darn simple now!
                            Thanks for posting this guys. You truly are an inspiration to me. This strengthens my resolve. Thank you x
                            AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone especially old timers who give me hope . ...I'm fine .... Hungover but knowing I will wake up feeling good tomorrow gives me hope .... Drinking is exhausting

Comment

Newbies Nest

You got that right, Ican, drinking IS exhausting! It just gets to a point where it's NO FUN anymore.

Hey, I finally sold something!! This week is our year end and a nice order I'd been hoping for came thru! It took a lot of work and intense concentration to put together...I honestly don't think I could have done it if I hadn't gotten my act together. If you are feeling scattered, smothered and covered, take heart, your head clears out and you will feel sharper than ever!! It takes a little time, but it does happen!

Have a great evening all, I'm going to knock off a few minutes early and take a bubble bath! (much different ways to celebrate now!) Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X