Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters

TJAF, I developed a sweet tooth post drinking as well but broke that habit with some L-glutamine. Give it a shot & Congrats on your 60 AF days tomorrow!!!

Dave, have you finished cleaning yet? Feel free to jump in tidy up the nest anytime? :H

Quest, glad you decided to jump back in the nest. Please make yourself a good plan & stay close!
    Greetings to everyone wishes for a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Quest. Glad you are joining us.
      Tjaf congrats on 60 days tomorrow.:wave:
      Dottie, Lc answer Available you guys are doing great.
      Steady hope you check in. Today was 150 days for us.
      Ican i agree with Dave. You are awesome. Keep to you plan.
      Long day for me. Catch you guys later.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dave and Lil B... It's nice to have a nest! 150 days????? What? That is amazing
        And 30 and 60! I'm in awe.... Day 2 done again.... Can't remember who said dont engage the addictive voice, but that really is key! Thanks

Where is CD? Please fly back and Kailey and Mr. V .... Anyone lurking .... Fly in and tell us you're ok ... My heart is heavy when I don't see y'all are safe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters

so many milestones are going to achieved today, I am very excited! 60 days, 50 days, 30 days, I am so very happy for everyone. :goodjob:

LB, 150 days is AWESOME! Well done and thank you for all of your inspiration and support :l

Just finishing my coffee and watching the sky get lighter, it looks pretty this morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday ( I can't believe it's Thursday already!)
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

So this will be another very short Good Morning Nesters! for me..

But I want to congratulate TJAF on 60 days!!:goodjob:

and Little Beagle on 150!!:thumbs: Very well done to both of you!

NS, I really like the advice you gave. It was the same for me-- I just had to jump in, to stop listening to my "reasoning" and instead rely on the promises of the old- timers-- which in time are proving to be true! In the early days, that AL voice has so much control over our thoughts, doesn't it? And the over thinking can actually work against us-- at least that was my experience.

Big hugs to everyone:l
            see you this evening--

Comment

Newbies Nest

Best wishes to all Nesters. Wherever you are on your AF journey, stay strong and be good to yourself. Hey Little Beagle: Happy 150! love Steady
              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

P.S Can't wait to get a computer again so i can check in regularly!
                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

A big CHEERS to the milestones, everyday we get stronger longer and and happier without the bonger.
                  What you resist persits

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Thursday morning Nesters!

LB & STEADY - Congrats to both of you on 150 AF days :wd:
                    TJAF- CONGRATS on 60 AF days :yay:

lifechange, ignoring the monkey mind really is the key to success

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1561175 wrote:

I read an article today about how the most successful people in various endeavors "start before they are ready". I think it applies here - just start being a non-drinker RIGHT NOW. Don't think about it anymore. Your addicted voice will always be able to convince you to drink if you engage with it. I bet very few people here (other than perhaps those that reached an almost tragic rock bottom) were honestly ready to quit when they finally did so.

:h NS
                      Interesting thought NS and one I thought I posed on another thread, but would be curious to know how many folks hit rock bottom vs just decided enough was enough and quit. Then to follow on that, what's been the success rate for each group. (I guess the analytics side of me is coming out! lol) I pesonally hit rock bottom. Someday I may tell the story, but right now it's still too fresh in my mind and too scary to recount. So, in the long run, will I be successful? Remains to be seen. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Top of the morning nesters

Welp Im gonna fly over to "the 98% new job" at noon to start work and be evaluated .. Im going to blow them away lol ( I dont mean to brag..but I am very good at what I do ) I think its more like Im going to evaluate them hehehe .

Im kinda behind on the posts here so Ill have to catch up later this afternoon.

I had a great nights rest and even woke up at 8am..which is good to start getting into a Working type sleep habit. Im not waking up feeling so groggy for the past few days which is good.

Im eating like a starved "Taz" ( buggs bunny reference for those that are out of the Looney Toons loop ). Not sure why but string cheeze and yogurt combined is my new go-to snack.

My complexion is almost back to normal and those dark baggy eyes are starting to disappear. People are saying how much better I look and sound. Oh..and my text to voice works Great now that I can speak clearly ( even with a missing incisor )

I Still need to catch up on bills and shopping and just everyday crap that Ive been putting off. Ill do that after work me thinks..

Welp I gotta go .. I need to dig out my gear for work .. but I will leave you with this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OITxdCJg2Y[/video]]I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff (lyrics) - YouTube

Have a good morning all .. See you guys soon.
                        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am home today. I think its an ear infection. I was thinking today about how long it's been since I've "rescheduled" the day with one of the customers. I can't remember the last time. Since not drinking that is. It's so much easier to meet obligations when you don't feel like crap.
                          When I started out here I never thought I would make it this far. Yet here I am. One Day At A Time. It really can be done. And I know I never want to go back to that hell of drinking and feeling like crap "rescheduling" at least once a week. Yuck. This really is so much easier.
                          Hubby said I need to make Dr appt. So off I go to find a new Dr. Mine went on to other things and I have felt so great I haven't found another one.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters! Wow, some really good stuff going on here!
                            Firstly, AWARDS time! I hope my icons are working!!!

Would Little Beagle and Steadfast step forward please??
                            It is with great pride that I am able to bestow these major awards to each of you. 150 days in our world is HUGE! It gets top honors, too. Yes, the coveted Flying Underpants!

:flyingunders::flyingunders:

You are getting into high altitude territory now! Reaching for the stars! Here's to a lifetime of tighty whities (and sobriety!!). And we can't thank you enough for what you contribute around here either!!!

TJAF, 60 days is another milestone!! I hope you'll accept these small tokens of a big job!

I've been sitting here for 5 minutes waiting for my icons to unlock and the double cool icon is the only one that would work! I hope that will convey how proud we are of you!! I hope that you are reaping the great rewards that letting go of this demon can provide!! Well done!!

GREAT JOB to all! Hope every one has a wonderful AF day!!! (a Prize Patrol with frozen icons is NOT good!!) Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations!!!!! Kudos!!!!! Yea!!!!!

Dave - picturing you with missing incisor and dark circles under your eyes made me think of a vampire for some reason ..... We are a slave (were) to our thirst huh?

Have a great day all....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesties!! Congratulations to Little B & Steadfast...what an amazing accomplishment! Wow!! And flying underwear?!?! I thought those were a thing of the past but if I still get to see them in sobriety, well then who can complain about that!

Also congrats to TJAF for 60 days..totally awesome!

And congrats to each and every one who has got TODAY! It's important that we all recognize just how precious this gift is! I know it is because I have watched it slipped through my hands far to many times to ignore. So I'm extremely thankful to be here today!!

Gambler - Knock em dead at your job!

I woke up this morning with a RAGING headache. It still huts but I took a couple asprin and hope it subsides soon. But here's the silver lining, when I first started to wake up this morning...my mind goes through this quick little ritual of "retrieving data" and I remembered that I didn't drink last night! And as awful as this headache is...I'm actually using it as a beautiful reminder of just one of the million reasons to be thankful today. No more raging hangovers. I can deal with a headache. And I was so relieved when I realized that I could answer my internal torturous question of what did I do last night with a simple answer..."you ate too much sugar and now you're paying the price with a wicked headache!" In so sick way, I'm grateful for this headache! :-)

Hope everyone has an amazing day today!
                                Amber

Comment

Working...
                                X