Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
    Going to visit my dad today..he is in a Alzheimer's unit..he can push my buttons...I dont think he does it on purpose but I am working to LET IT GO...and just visit and when he bugs me to change the subject or just leave...I walked out a week ago and that got his attention...
    Another beautiful day and I am loving it. Clear head makes it so much better..
    back later
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie - I hope you have a good visit with your dad. That has to be difficult! I wish you luck.

Little B - I hope that you find a great new doctor and that you're feeling better soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Stead, LB and TJAF on your milestones today! :goodjob:
        Dave - good luck at your new job. You mentioned gear - what is it you do exactly?
        Dottie - have a good visit with your dad. My father in law was Alzheimer's also. Hard to watch him go through this, but we learned to go on the journey with him.
        Sake & LB - Hope you feel better!
        Have a great AF rest of the day everyone. Planning on checking back in later tonight.
        Ta

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters - hope we are all well

I struggled today - cos I was feeling ok - and thinking "mmmmm should I ???" - but I resisted, had a lie down, had my evening meal and now I'm watching tv !!
          Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

GREAT GOING, Questy....remember why you are feeling good! It's because you DIDN'T drink, not because you did! That's a tough one to remember when an urge hits but so important.
            Keep your string of days going!! It is so worth it to get to the point where you forgot to think about it! It will come!! Stay the course and you'll be getting your Flying Undees pretty soon!
            Hugs to all, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1561437 wrote: GREAT GOING, Questy....remember why you are feeling good! It's because you DIDN'T drink, not because you did! That's a tough one to remember when an urge hits but so important.
              Keep your string of days going!! It is so worth it to get to the point where you forgot to think about it! It will come!! Stay the course and you'll be getting your Flying Undees pretty soon!
              Hugs to all, Byrdie
              Thanks byrdy - I love feeling sober and in control !! But I must say I'm even now worrying about tomorrow. Friday night. And I'm getting quite anxious about it. I've got knots in my stomach just thinking about it

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Quest I feel you. If this helps, I had 11 days at the start of the month and along came a weekend and I drank .... And I suffered... And I drank more than I would have if I had not ever quit... And I found it really hard to pull myself back to the nest. Don't drink ..... Just keep saying "Why am I thinking about that when I don't even drink?"...... Eat a lot! It really helped me ... Good luck and I'm only 1 day ahead of you ... Day 3 here so I'll be weekending with you , but we don't drink so good for us ... I'm going to a football game and them shopping with my teenage daughter. Then I think I'll get sushi Saturday if possible .... And I'll try to start running again and maybe clean out a closet for some new clothes when I lose my AL weight! Come on .... The anxiety is just a trick alcohol is playing on you yo get you to do its bidding ... Tell it to F off

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters

a quick post from me, had a busy day and now catching up with some TV before bed. Quest, well done for not giving in! I am just about to watch that Gazza documentary, glad you decided to rest and eat instead of drinking

TJAF well done on your 60 days, massive accomplishment! I hope you feel really good, you should!

LB, sorry to hear you are sick. At leas you have a legit reason for calling off from work rather than a hangover. Get well soon :l

I love this honest to god tired feeling that comes from being up early, working hard, exercising, eating well, and NOT drinking. AL used to have me convinced that I wouldn't get a sleep without him.

Sober sleep isn't easy at first but it comes and it is so good! Much better than the AL induced kind!

I hope everyone is staying strong and feeling good!
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1561449 wrote: Oh Quest I feel you. If this helps, I had 11 days at the start of the month and along came a weekend and I drank .... And I suffered... And I drank more than I would have if I had not ever quit... And I found it really hard to pull myself back to the nest. Don't drink ..... Just keep saying "Why am I thinking about that when I don't even drink?"...... Eat a lot! It really helped me ... Good luck and I'm only 1 day ahead of you ... Day 3 here so I'll be weekending with you , but we don't drink so good for us ... I'm going to a football game and them shopping with my teenage daughter. Then I think I'll get sushi Saturday if possible .... And I'll try to start running again and maybe clean out a closet for some new clothes when I lose my AL weight! Come on .... The anxiety is just a trick alcohol is playing on you yo get you to do its bidding ... Tell it to F off
                    Wow - thanks for your reply I can xx

That sounds like a really busy weekend you've got planned !! I think I need to make a plan for activity too ! I've just got myself a treadmill and I'm trying to get into running - and losing weight ! I start a new job on Monday too so I need to get some new tops - I've just got to get through tomorrow night - one night, just one night !!! (Believe it or not I don't drink on a Saturday - wired or what ???)

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1561462 wrote: Evening nesters

a quick post from me, had a busy day and now catching up with some TV before bed. Quest, well done for not giving in! I am just about to watch that Gazza documentary, glad you decided to rest and eat instead of drinking

TJAF well done on your 60 days, massive accomplishment! I hope you feel really good, you should!

LB, sorry to hear you are sick. At leas you have a legit reason for calling off from work rather than a hangover. Get well soon :l

I love this honest to god tired feeling that comes from being up early, working hard, exercising, eating well, and NOT drinking. AL used to have me convinced that I wouldn't get a sleep without him.

Sober sleep isn't easy at first but it comes and it is so good! Much better than the AL induced kind!

I hope everyone is staying strong and feeling good!
                      Thanks bh - I love sober sleep - enjoy the documentary - it's an eye opener xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1561171 wrote:

:h:h:h NS
                        NoSugar, this is hilarious!! You always find the right words!! You should work for Hallmark Cards!!!

We're real sorry Byrdie....
                        Your tummy's in tatters
                        That'll teach you to eat...
                        all those Kit Katters.
                        Hard lessons are learned
                        for those who are slow,
                        But here's to the future
                        Just say, 'Thanks, NO!'
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for your good wishes! On to the next milestone. 90 days was my previous record so as excited as I am on hitting 60 days, lookout when I hit 91 days! Sanchez bring it on. I'm looking forward to your continued success! Same goes for the rest of my roll call mates. Rahul, special thoughts go out to you. Hope you are doing well and back on track!
                          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had a good visit with dad..he was more coherent today...learned to go before 3pm, he declines after that..
                            Got my errands run too..darn wine isle was calling my name again....ugh...I went the other way....ugh
                            I know it will get better with time....sigh....
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

It's called 'sundowner's syndrome' Dottie. 2nd shift in a nursing home can be pure hell for people who work there Glad you found you Dad in better sorts today!

Quest, definitely make a good plan for tomorrow. It will be much easier to get through the evening AF if you stick to a plan!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav I have heard of that..read most everything I could on the subject...just hope I don't end up with it too...just shoot me...
                                dot
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X