Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Little Beagle and Steadfast What a team ! My hats off to you two :goodjob:

Icanwithoutacan;1561340 wrote: Dave - picturing you with missing incisor and dark circles under your eyes made me think of a vampire for some reason
    Funny you should say that Ican .. they used to call me "Fang" at work LOL. I didnt used to smile before..but now that Im AF I dont care.. Big smiles for me ! People that know me say " Wow Dave Ive never really seen you smile before..you look so happy "

TJAF .. Big Time Koodies on the 60 !

sanchez;1561388 wrote: Dave - good luck at your new job. You mentioned gear - what is it you do exactly?
    I do glass repair on boats professionally. Basically I sculpt with fiberglass instead of marble or wood ect

Quest for the key;1561430 wrote:
    I struggled today - cos I was feeling ok - and thinking "mmmmm should I ???" - but I resisted, had a lie down, had my evening meal and now I'm watching tv !!
    Good job taking it to the mats with your struggle :goodjob:

Well everyone what a day it was..

Just as I was leaving to kick some ass at my new job I got a call from my previous employer. Thats right he's Jammed up with work . months and months backlog and he wanted me to start back with a raise LOL. Boy when it rains it pours.. I think Im going to take on the new job though. I get more freedom to fix things the way I want (the right way and not the "kick it out the door" way ). So I did in fact knock there socks off thank you. I used to work in this same Marina before..when the yard crew saw me they got very excited and proceed to inform my boss that I was the best fiberglass guy they have ever seen. Needless to say he has no problem paying me what Im worth. So just a great day.

I also felt good enough to put my foot down with my future x wife. I told here that It is no longer acceptable for her to withhold my kids from me any longer .. and if she continues this I will not only take legal action but I will enforce my right as a father to take custody and remove my kids from anyplace they are left for an extended period of time without her. I hope this shakes the tree a bit. I will let you guys know how this gamble play works out.

Looks like everyone had a fairly exclusive AF day so I am pleased. I was thinking about the Nest all day ( well not when I was grinding lol )

Be well my friends ..
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gambler,
      Congrats on the job, good to know you're wanted. Goes a long way with the self-esteem problems many of us suffer with.
      Thanks also for opening up with your personal life, I really wasn't trying to pry so much, just wanted to know where you were coming from, as they say. While I wasn't expecting so much information, I thank you for your honesty.
      LB, and Steady 150!!! Fantastic! Proud of you!
      TJAF, 60, Way to go!
      Thanks for the welcome, (back) Lifechange, great to make your acquaintance.

Byrdie, Kit-Kats are like Al for me, if they're in the house, I'm eating them. It's like lining up beers up on the bar. Any other candy, no problem. Not buying anything until a day or two before Halloween. Just like keeping the AL out of the house,

Questy, Love the new nickname by Byrdie, You know it will stick, Way to go!

Ican, day 3, working the plan for day 4. Proud of you, keep it up, Ucan!

Dottie, so sorry for your situation with your Dad.

Sanchez, some of us rock (bottom), some of us roll. Trying to make light of a bad situation. Thanks for the thoughts. Hopefully some of realize how far down we are before hitting rock bottom. As we know, everyone's rock bottom is different.
      NS- the l-glut works for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A big THANKYOU to Byrdie, Lavande, Little Beagle and Everyone for your kind words on the 150 day mark! (How did you know i've always wanted a pair of flying underpants?! They fit perfectly, and i never wanna lose them! :H )

L.B, I hope you're feeling better.

Have really missed checking in to MWO regularly due to computer malfunction. I hope to have a new one soon. In the meantime this is a sneaky post from my work P.C.

Take care everyone, keep focused on your goals, and the benefits of staying AF.

love Steady
        :h
        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Super quickie flyby again!!
          I'm getting tired of these-- looking forward to Sat. when I'll have the chance to sit down and really catch up for a couple of hours.
          Thinking about you all--

You sound great, Ican!! Stay strong and full of conviction this weekend! You'll feel SO good coming through on Monday and next week will already be easier!

and Quest--you CAN do it!! Remember that Friday is just another day!!! Who's always saying that? Do you have time to sit and read through the entire Toolbox? Do whatever you have to do NOT to drink today. We're all here for you--come here before that crazy voice convinces you to do something you clearly DON'T WANT!!!!! Big hugs to you!

See you all this afternoon...

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm the same LC, just dashing before work, always rushing! Good morning and happy Friday to everyone!

Quest, I was shocked by that documentary. The footage they showed of him at the charity event was jut awful to watch. I really feel for him and hope he can live the rest of his life as a sober, happy human being.

Friday is just another day guys, but for me it was always the decider of how my weekend would be. If I did take a drink on a Friday, I would drink all weekend and my days of would be ruined by it, leading to a hungover Monday as well. So not worth it!

Another great night's sleep and I am so ready for what Friday brings!

Have great day and stay strong everyone
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Enjoying some coffee while waiting for the sun to make an appearance
              A week of nice weather is truly good for the soul & I am grateful!

Glad to hear you have plenty of work to keep you busy Dave

Speaking of work I am going to get to mine right now!
              Wishing everyone a great AF Friday. Get your plans together for an AF weekend!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!!
                Broken Halo, you make a most excellent point there about Fridays! I mean really, who would JUST drink on Friday??? Nope, it all goes to h*ll in a handbag after that!! Who are we fooling? With us, it's all or nothing....so make it nothing, it's actually EASIER! There may be a struggle or two, but a good struggle never killed anyone!! AL is out to do just that. Fight the urges...distract yourself, get busy helping someone else. Heck, it all else fails, get on this site, and greet new people when they come in. Friday nights are active, you can really help someone who is feeling down and desperate! If you sit and concentrate solely on what you CAN'T have, it just makes it harder. Concentrate on everything else that you DO have. Be GRATEFUL that you've got the good sense to fight this thing!! Do NOT give in no matter what and no matter who! It is inevitable that we quit....better sooner than later! I only wish I had done this 20 years ago instead of twisting in the wind all this time. Do not feed the ANIMAL! It only gives it strength! Starvation is the only way to beat this!! Like a stray cat, if you feed it, it's YOURS for life!!! Stay strong everyone!
                Now, back on my head for work! ehehehe.....have a wonderful Friday everyone! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                  Out to lunch then doctors appointment...
                  Need to run a few errands too...
                  Planning for quiet sober Friday...woohoo.
                  Gambler congrats on the job/jobs....it is so nice to be wanted/needed..
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am having a big trigger: it is this - feeling imperfect bc a project I am spearheading is not going perfectly. I guess it is the feeling of frustration again .... That was the big trigger last time - feeling like nothing I do is ever enough. So I am posting to recognize my trigger. I have done all I can do today to deal with the situation and I'll make it better by next Friday by purchasing what I need, etc. it's not perfect but at least I'm trying .... Drinking alcohol won't make the project better - I would only be doing it to forget my feeling of failure .... And I'm not a failure / just a perfectionist .... Okay I won't drink tonight.... Thanks for listening

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican - Totally get it. You're probably doing better than you think. But I think it's great that you're sharing your frustration. And you're correct...you're not a failure, you're awesome and sober!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys - If you feel like a little reminder of WHY we don't go get blitzed on Friday night (or any other for that reason). Watch a little Bill Cosby. This skit cracks me up every time. It's very true which is probably why people find it funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZAeWbIAJ3w[/video]]Bill Cosby, Himself - Part 2 - YouTube

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi fellow Nesters!

I can, I like your plan-- get the things you need and get it done by next Friday.! I think a lot of us are perfectionists-- and we KNOW from lots of experience that drinking just makes it much more difficult in the long run. I like what 199days said once in a post-- that he liked to feel the real raw feelings of life. To face head on everything that comes his way-- not for the faint of heart, is it? We have to have the guts to live without the buffer. Somehow, I'm slowly beginning to feel this way-- bring it on!!!

Having said that.... The whole time I had it in my mind that 4 weeks was 30 days!!!! I was thinking that this Saturday is 30 days for us, Avail and Dottie-- actually I thought it was Sunday 'cause that's the day we started. I'm all mixed up!!:H Anyway, doesn't matter so much, except that I will be out of town without internet!! Damn-I'll have to party with you all after the event.

Hey Sake, I've really enjoyed reading your thread--I've had so little patience the past week. It seems like each morning I'm tried to start some sort of stupid fight with my boyfriend. And he keeps calling me on it. I have to physically talk myself into the fact that I have control over how I want to react to situations-- and that I have the power to change the way I look at life. It's slow going, I keep forgetting to slow down and think, or better yet, take a deep breath and let go a bit, before I react. I won't give up trying till I get it right--!

That Bill Cosby skit was funny-- I love the old school stand up comedians.
                          I don't know what to do with myself now. I'm so tired, but not quite ready for bed-- think I'll have a read around.
                          :l to everyone checking in

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1561776 wrote: I am having a big trigger: it is this - feeling imperfect bc a project I am spearheading is not going perfectly. I guess it is the feeling of frustration again .... That was the big trigger last time - feeling like nothing I do is ever enough. So I am posting to recognize my trigger. I have done all I can do today to deal with the situation and I'll make it better by next Friday by purchasing what I need, etc. it's not perfect but at least I'm trying .... Drinking alcohol won't make the project better - I would only be doing it to forget my feeling of failure .... And I'm not a failure / just a perfectionist .... Okay I won't drink tonight.... Thanks for listening
                            Hi, Ican

Here is an excerpt from a book I've been reading, The Gifts of Imperfection, that might be relevant for you right now: http://www.hazelden.org/HAZ_MEDIA/25...perfection.pdf

I'm glad you aren't drinking tonight ! Have a good weekend, too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr Vervill;1561579 wrote: Gambler,
                              Congrats on the job, good to know you're wanted. Goes a long way with the self-esteem problems many of us suffer with.
                              Thanks also for opening up with your personal life, I really wasn't trying to pry so much, just wanted to know where you were coming from, as they say. While I wasn't expecting so much information, I thank you for your honesty.
                              Thanks .. I know you were not prying lol.. it was just a post for the day and not directed towards anyone person.. But thanks for the thanks

Thank you Dottie. Its taken me 25 years of grinding glass and painting and wood work to get to where and what I am. I just cant imagine how or where I would be If I never picked up that frikkin beer can years ago.

Ican - You are doing great ! I still am Very impressed at your tenacity and I have NO doubt in my mind that Your the right man for the job. Again.. I look forwards to your posts here every day. I cant wait to see how you bloom out.

Welp .. I had a productive day but its not over. I still have to go through my desk drawers and go do some shopping for some more Yogurt and chocolate milk I still dont understand why Im becoming addicted to these two Items in particular..never drank chocky milk and yogurt was never my favorite.

I hope everyones day went well and l look forward to being back soon .. Peace all

Dave
                              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all - NS I'll check out the link

Comment

Working...
                                X