Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dottie,

I will gladly come over and duct tape you to your sofa and force you to watch re-runs of Jersey Shore if it means it will keep you from picking up a drink
    In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks C that sounds good to me.....drinking so much water I might just float to Jersey shore...
      dot
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

High possibility I am going to be out partying tonight, which is not a good sign.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1562209 wrote: High possibility I am going to be out partying tonight, which is not a good sign.
          Londoner - You said it yourself.. the writings on the wall already. Try to look for another room with a brighter wall. You Can party without drinking. You just have to want it.

Well what a day again.. great day ! I got my Bronco next to going ( its been sitting there for 2 years now ). I went to Meijers and got me a set of HDMI Monster Cables for my PC to TV connection so now I can watch HD DVD on the set with full blown surround blastin sound . The boys are going to freak out because they always want me to look up "special moves" for their Xbox 360 games .. and well that takes my pc away from me when Im looking stuff up. But last night low and behold after having this damn thing for years I discovered that I can have my Sony set in Dual Mode. So they can basically have their own internet screen .. they are Really gonna flip folks. So im looking forward to that Tomorrow

The truck was a bitch though lol. Dead battery..so I goto the store and get a battery, back home and install it..Rut Roh ! The Solonoid is corrupt and would not disengage the starter.. so back to the store.. back home.. oh CRAP .. I forgot starting fluid lol ... to the store and back I go. Cranking,fluid,cranking, fluid.. wont keep lit. .. hmm.. Look down and Gas tank is Empty..Oh boy somebodies siphoned my half a tank of gas out over the years .. ehhh goto the store Again ( By this time the guys over there are wondering if im not drunk lol ) and get a gas can and some fuel. Crank and crank . . no start. The friggn' thing is not getting gas at the carb. So I take out the fuel filter thinking it was jammed up. I blow on the line to see if thats clogged but it blew back ! Yup fuel all over my face and in my mouth Mother FFFFF !! So I take a shower and have me some Butterscotch pudding and everything was golden. Turns out its the fuel pump..Ill deal with that later for god sakes.

Thats about it and its only 7:30... so time to start cleaning some more .. .. .. NOT ! .. Im settin my butt down on the couch to enjoy the new Iron man 3 on my new HD quadraphonic setup that ive had ..without for years :H. Making me some killer ham and black beens..some baby peas and a tall cool glass of milk. BTW Im just like Cdev describes ..Cant stop eating now thank god. Left overs if anyone wants some ( the baby peas are mine though..sorry ).

Well you guys have a good night and enjoy your hangoverless morning

Oh yea I almost forgot to tell you my thoughts on "All this new energy" thing. I think part of the reason that Im so active is that Im Enjoying all the the things being Accomplished. Where as before I was just putting things off til tomorrow or next week ( or never ). It not only feels very good but it is dramatically improving my sense "self worth"..

Anyways everyone enjoy your friday night and I shall see you in the AM
          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am still here ...may eat myself silly but not drinking......only 8pm...sigh..
            dot
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

!

Dottie, hang in there with us! This is growth~! Remember, a little struggle never killed anyone! You have a thousand reasons NOT to drink! You will be so happy tomorrow! You are inches away from your hat, which I already have underway! Call or text me if you need to.....Do not give in no matter what!!!

Gambler, I just finished watching Iron Man 3!!!! It was great and was filmed right here in Wilmington!!!! I hope you enjoy it, gosh you got a lot done and I'm so proud of your progress. You are a different man than you were 3 weeks ago!

Dottie, keep checking in with us. Eat til you're full! I know you can do this...it's only Dick Head trying to keep you in his clutches. Don't fall for it...it's a trick. Hugs dear lady.....
              Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave glad to see you so busy and energetic. Getting so much done.
                Dottie hang in there.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

still here drinking my water....8:38.....I can do this....I will do this..
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Dottie you can do this.
                    Londoner sounds bad. Don't go.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dottie
                      how are doing? I'm pulling for you, I know you can do it.
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am still here and hanging tough....drinking my water and watching TV. About another hour and I am going to bed....
                        dot
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey CD glad youre back.... Londoner stay home
                          Dottie do you have ice cream? I just ate a ton w cool whip and I'm all good
                          I am THIRSTY allllll the time .... Anyone else? No I'm not diabetic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh we found a dress .... But man teenagers are tough! Payback for my days as one I guess
                            Watching rules of engagement and mentalist reruns and loving it

Comment

Newbies Nest

yes Ican I am thirsty all the time and not diabetic either....thought it was just me.
                              dot
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Dottie, you'll be up all night after drinking all that water
                                What caused your sudden mood swing? Glad you're hanging tough.

Londoner, I really hope you changed your mind about going out - doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Sounds like everyone else has been busy taking care of business, trucks, cars & staying out of trouble :H
                                I had a good day out & about. The birthday party for the 70 year old was nice & just about everyone had a beer or glass of wine in their hand but me. I had no desire for it & no one noticed or commented. It's just not something I focus on anymore & you will all get to that point too - in time Sticking to your plan today guarantees a brighter future - you'll see!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X