Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1562388 wrote: Morning, Nesters!
    C-Dev and Gambler, we had a nester named Kuya for quite a while and she postulated that our bodies are learning how to run on nutrients again after having been converted over to an ethanol burning engine. (How's that for putting it in terms of guy stuff?). So it's not unusual for you to be eating like ravenous Ethiopians, it sounds as if you are burning off the calories! As a female, I always watched what I ate so I would gain the weight with my drinking. It has been a very nice perk to now enjoy eating like a normal person! I was barely eating there at the end, drinking all of my main calories.
    Although Im no nutritionist I tend to agree with this. I no longer have barley and hops to supplement my diet. But common Ice Cream and Pudding ?! Thats kinda an extreme change that my bod bod is going through. I think my Brain is enjoying the flavors now ? Meh who knows .. all I know is that I am enjoying it

Dottie Belle;1562390 wrote:
    Morning all,Survived the crazy cravings last night...thanks to all the wonderful folks here.
    Never a doubt Dottie Glad to here you are doing better.

Oh yea .. my soon to be x drives like a maniac. Hard turns, breaking, hard off the line, Yells other drivers etc. She had someone rip off her side view mirror over night once and Im sure it was from fipping someone off or cutting someone off pulling in the driveway. Her van breaks down All the time because of here aggressive driving. But you females by nature are not very good passengers in all honesty

Time to cook up some breakfast so see you nut jobs later ok ( oh I feel its going to be "one of those days again :H )
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all having an insight..... It takes quite a while to rewire our brains I guess
      See before I drank out of frustration - so I have to work through that emotion sober
      I drank out of overwhelm so I have to go through that one sober ... Anger, sadness yep

So this morning I'm cleaning the house which I always tend to do in Sundays and I hear ... Well at least after all this cleaning ill get to sit and have a beer tonight .... Haha a beer , Byrdie
      So I have to get through this reward mentality now too
      If I drink a beer it will turn to 7 and I'll have a crap Monday bc I had that last week!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and let me say for any of you feeling down on yourselves ...we alcoholics( insert your own label if you're not there yet) are funny compassionate creative sensitive kind generous persistent understanding on and on
        I see it in all of YOU

Comment

Newbies Nest

And moreover... Haha just lonesome for y'all I guess so I'm posting .... Probably trying to keep myself from listening to the voice!!!!

I wanted to say that right when I started posting (when I joined) I would feel left out of the conversations and I would use that as an excuse to drink (stupid!!!!!) anyway I wanted to shout out to newbies and people who don't post often that sometimes the thread moves so fast that posts get lost in the shuffle ...keep posting and you'll get to know us and we you and it'll be blissful .... ����������������

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Ican....I felt that way, too. Still do sometimes. But you never know that some off hand comment just might help someone else. Jolie was 2 weeks ahead of me and she said one time, 'what's ONE glass of wine going to do for me anyway?'. For some reason that really helped me thru...cause it's true. We sure think JUST one will do the trick but alas. Also the fact that we think we NEED it should be a clue, too! (If I just had one ____ I'd be better) we ALL know where that goes. It just takes some time to learn to tune those darn voices out....but trust me when I say, if I can do it, it CAN BE DONE!
            It's a beautiful day here today...so nice to not be tied to a bottle! MindPeace, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still do? You lav and k9 are like royalty of the nest y'all could never be left out.... Lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feel very frustrated...

Ate well all week, exercised daily and looked after my calorie intake. Today crazy cravings hit me. A full cheesecake (2400 calories), a donut (350) and a chocolate bar (400). Erased all my early mornings at the gym and late night runs last week in about two hours. Driving me crazy that I can conquer alcohol and cigarettes but am failing to depart from my sweet tooth.

I relied heavily on comfort food last year to get me through, however, now I want to give up this as well but its proving very difficult. I must have had at least 10 day ones in September alone.

I know this is a bot off topic, I guess an addict always seeks a new addiction to replace an old one.

Who is with me to cut out sugar from our diets?

Allan
                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allen am having the biggest battle with sugar. Only my battle with al can compare bit this feels much harder to conquer because I think what's the harm? Plus Hubby is still in early stages of af. Phew what a struggle. I lost it big time this weekend too. I am with you.
                  Ican I too am learning to dale with strong emotional without beer. Well being angry with hubby is difficult. My daughter was over yesterday and she took me aside and had a talk with me. I guess it's obvious that I am irritable. This too shall pass. I am going to post here more when irritable. And try using my nice voice more often. And smile more. I hear if you keep smiling your face muscles will tell your brain you are in a good mood. I hope so.
                  And Dave we aren't bad passengers, there just isn't a brake on our side of the car. Or a steering wheel either!
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1562513 wrote: Allen am having the biggest battle with sugar. Only my battle with al can compare bit this feels much harder to conquer because I think what's the harm? Plus Hubby is still in early stages of af. Phew what a struggle. I lost it big time this weekend too. I am with you.
                    Beagle, wish you strength in your battle. I would rather be stuffing my face with junk than consuming a drop of alcohol. It helped me greatly with my cravings and that empty feeling you get in the first stages of quit. But now I need to stop, however, it seems that our brains just replace one addiction for another....

AK
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1562268 wrote: I noticed you were frustrated on your tag line thingy ..

A quote from Bo Bennett " Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success."

I would also like to give us another quote .. I think it pertains to us as a whole .. its a good read.

"And an orator said, Speak to us of Freedom. And he answered :
                      At the city gate and by your fireside I have seen you protrate yourself and worship your own freedom, Even as slaves humble themselves before a tyrant and praise him though he slays them.
                      Ay, in the grove of the temple and in the shadow of the citadel I have seen the freest among you wear their freedom as a yoke and a handcuff.
                      And my heart bled within me: for you can only be free when even the desire of seeking freedom becomes a harness to you, and when you cease to speak of freedom as a goal and a fulfilment.
                      You shall be free indeed when your days are not without care nor your nights without a want and a grief, But rather when these things girdle your life and yet you rise above them neked and un-bound.
                      And how shall you rise beyond your days and nights unless you break the chains which you at the dawn of your understanding have fastened around your noon hour ?
                      In truth that which you call freedom is the stronges of these chains, though its links glitter in the sun and dazzle your eyes.
                      And what is it but fragments of your own self you would discard that you may become free?
                      If it is an unjust law you would abolish, that law was written with your own hand upon your own forehead.
                      You cannot erase it by burning your law books nor by washing the the foreheads of your judges, though you pour the sea upon them.
                      And if it is a despot you would dethrone, see first that his throne erected within you is destroyed.
                      For how can a tyrant rule the free and the proud, but for a tyranny in ther own freedome and a shame in there own pride?
                      And if its a care you would cast off, that care has been chosen by you rather than imposed upon you.
                      And if it is fear you would dispel, the seat of that fear is in your heart and not in the hand of the feared.
                      Verily all things move within your being in the constant half embrace, the desired and the dreaded, the repugnant and the cherished, the pursued and that which you would escape.
                      These things move within you as lights and shadows in pairs that cling.
                      And when the shadow fades and is no more, The light that lingers becomes a shadow to another light.
                      And thus your freedom when it loses its fetters becomes itself the fetter of a greater freedom.

The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran
                      This was a great post...I really love the last line....
                      This guy is pretty good, did he write anything else? :H Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Middle of the Night! Here at least--

Allan, I have also been struggling with the sugar thing-- I'm much newer than you are with regards to being AF-- but I know, in my case, the sugar addiction doesn't help anything. There's a thread in General called the sugar free challenge-- some good links have been posted and there are some people checking in. I am active in trying to be sugar free-- just haven't got it down yet. It would be great if you checked in over there!

Hi to Ican and Beagle, if you're all still awake! and Byrdie.

I'm heading out to a farm tomorrow morning with.my girls. We have Autumn break here for 2 weeks and will take advantage by getting in some nature time-- which means NO computer! scary! You will all be in my thoughts. And I will check in tomorrow before I go...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lc you have a good time with your girls. Sounds like fun.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LC congrats girl on getting to 30 days with me, it has made it so much easier to have another on board. Do enjoy your holiday and think of me working/slaving away ha ha.

Be strong and take care. x
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

just a few more hours until day 30..
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not long Dottie, congrats and we know you wont blow it now if there is only a few hours till day 30.

Keep going.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X