Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

YAYYY!, Available! That must be why I'm sitting here at 215am! I'm never awake at this time, except to pee!-- and surely never at the computer.
    Super well done on 30 days! I will be happy to see Dottie, too. I thought it was great having you with me along the way-- and I'm looking forward to the next 30. I got to 59 days last Feb/March and let something derail me which I knew ahead of time would be the case. I won't let that happen again!
    Don't work too hard this week-- :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1562489 wrote: Feel very frustrated...

Ate well all week, exercised daily and looked after my calorie intake. Today crazy cravings hit me. A full cheesecake (2400 calories), a donut (350) and a chocolate bar (400). Erased all my early mornings at the gym and late night runs last week in about two hours. Driving me crazy that I can conquer alcohol and cigarettes but am failing to depart from my sweet tooth.

I relied heavily on comfort food last year to get me through, however, now I want to give up this as well but its proving very difficult. I must have had at least 10 day ones in September alone.

I know this is a bot off topic, I guess an addict always seeks a new addiction to replace an old one.

Who is with me to cut out sugar from our diets?

Allan
      I'm with you. I was never a big sweet eater but since I quit there never seems to be enough donuts. I am stopping the sugar fix right now. Well just as soon as I finish off this bowl of ice creme
      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI DOTTIE!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi life change. we made it
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

We all made it, woo hoo. Now to do the hens night and wedding, some big events coming up and also my mother visiting for a few months. The obstacles never seem to end but feeling stronger to cope with it all now. Life is so much better AF. Wow you are up early LC, i woke this morning at 2.30am and thought god i have to be up in 3 1/2 hours although i had a good 7 hours sleep.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

I live in EDT so almost 9pm here but no chance of not making it now.
              dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

30 Days!

You guys rock.

By the time you hit thirty days if you've been here reading you have learned that abstinence is the key to success. Moderation didn't work, that's why we came here in the first place, right? We can't moderate.

Also, we've learned that being AF means being in control. What a fabulous feeling to know that you will wake up every day for the rest of your life feeling your best. Sure there will be days when you're down or you're sick, but at least we are now doing everything in our power to stay healthy and engaged in our lives.

Congratulations, can't wait to see you get your hats and I hope you'll all start writing your acceptance speeches as well as sharing the secrets to your success with the newbies who come behind you!

allankay, I think we have to attack the sweet tooth with the same techniques we used to rid ourselves of AL. Don't keep temptations in the house, ride out the cravings, find healthy alternatives, you know the drill!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all

First of all, CONGRATS to our 30 days kids Dottie, Lifechange & Available :wd:
                  I'm very happy for all of you & wish you continued success - be proud & protect your quits!!!

Allan, LB & anyone else dealing with sugar cravings. Try some L-Glutamine, worked like a charm for me. I didn't take it long but it did the trick

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all
                    congratulations Lifechange, Dottie and Available!! That is really great. It always has its ups and downs but you faced them and the beast is at bay. The longer you are sober, the more you enjoy it and the beast gets smaller and smaller (not that you shouldn't be on your guard)
                    Best to you all, friends
                    Sam
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi all, although I am not new to this site, I am new to the nest, I thought I would give this a try. Today is day 6 for me, again hopefully my last day 6. I love being sober, but every once in awhile a craving smacks me, and instead of smacking myself upside the head I give in. I haven't had the chance to read through all the posts but I will! Good luck to all. I would share more but I have that God awful headache that goes along with the beginning of it all today, but am having a cup of tea to calm it. Look forward to getting to know you all!
                      Kdog
                      Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1562517 wrote: This was a great post...I really love the last line....
                        This guy is pretty good, did he write anything else? Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. B
                        Thanks Birdie He is good if you can understand his writing. Here is a shorty from the same book that I cant resist typing..

And a man said, Speak to us of Self-Knowledge.
                        He answered saying: Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in though You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams. And it is well you should. The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs rise and run murmuring to the sea; And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.
                        But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure; And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line. For self is a sea boundless and measureless .
                        Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."
                        Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have met the soul walking upon my path."
                        For the soul walks upon all paths. The soul walks not upon a line, neither does it grow like a reed.
                        The soul unfolds itself, like a lotus of countless petals.

Hiyas Ican - Its good to see your enthusiasm ! Oh and I kinda like being left out once and a while...I go into my own little world from time to time .. but thats ok they know me there ..

Allan - I Hope you feel better about your cheese cake and pastry intake by now .. I for one cant come along your sugar kick right now. I never had a sweet tooth ( I used to have pound cake for my birthdays ). But a few sprung on me that I just cant have pulled at the moment..having too much fun with the stuff lol. However I never really got into the Veggie thing either. But I developed a plan of attack on that front. I have a bowl of small carrots and a bowl of broco-flower and every time I open the fridge I have to eat one of either...my pick ( hey at least im giving myself some choices in this deal lol ) Its working great !

I envy you LF .. Have a great time out there in the sticks. Scary .. Bah ! Turn off the cell while your at it

Available and LC - what a terrific team you two are. Good for your 30 days together.

Dottie Belle;1562522 wrote:
                        just a few more hours until day 30..
                        Ok .. Im going to have to duck with so many 30's flyin around here !! .. oh and tell your male unit to install a "5 point harnes" in the car .. he'll know what Im talking about

Hi Kdog..sorry you snuck in while I was typing.. Its great to see you made it over. :-)

Well I had a wonderfully AF free day. Great to spend some time with the boys .. I loved it ! I showed them the new tv gig .. they loved it. They kicked my ass on the Xbox .. they loved it. I cooked them some boneless pork ribs with home made mashed potatoes and green beens ( yes snapped and steamed ladies ) .. they loved it. Finally .. Banana split Ice cream with whipped topping and a cherry..They lov.. no .. it was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious !!! :H

Its time for my nightly yogurt feeding and watch a sleepy time movie. Gotta hit it hard tomorrow so its a school night for me.

Enjoy your evening/morning/day and Wishing you all the best..Dave.
                        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a glorious Sunday! Went rollerblading down by the water in spectacular weather this morning, my fantasy football team dominated, played a couple of hours of Grand Theft Auto 5, and had some of the best Italian grub I have sampled since moving to Chicago!

Oh, and I have sorta been scheming on this HR girl from work the last week or so, but I will get into those details at a later time, since it is still a work in progress and I do not want to jinx myself.

Sounds like everyone else has been living the dream today as well! Have a great night in the nest everyone.
                          In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gonna hit my 90 days this week on the 3rd. I used to think it was such a long amount of time when I was drinking and now it feels like I just blinked. And I am not a beer drinker at all but all of the cleverly named brews for fall sound so enticing and almost healthy with apple and pumpkin flavors. I almost bought some non a beer at trader joes but really wanted to make it to my 90 days and even the fake stuff sounds like a lie. Lately I've gotten to that point where I think a glass of wine would be nice but then I remember the crap that goes with it so I either make myself busy or like now just go to bed night all thanks for being here piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

An AF life is still pretty sweet without sugar in it .

DoggyGirl started this thread last November:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...who-70446.html.

Maybe if enough people are interested we can get it going again.

Congratulations to Available, Dottie, and Lifechange on a great achievement and welcome, Kdog!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Piper
                                I was a beer drinker, I've always been afraid of the non alcohol beers as a trigger. Just getting that taste in my mouth and that thought in my head. I hope you make your 90 days, that is quite the accomplishment.
                                Don't listen to that thought of wine, it's not necessarily yours. It's that damn beast that wants to be fed and is coaxing you.
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X