Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sounds good Open........
    I plan on consuming several pots of hot (decaf) green tea tonight & most likely polishing off the remaining Christmas cookies
    Feel safe at home tonight - I know I will!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's 11 pm here on the East coast - 1 hr til 2010!
      Started the day off with snow, now it's raining at 32 degrees......crazy!

Well, I'm signing off but wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - the night light will be on - of course
      Take care,

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy New Year!

The Nest is open for business, hope you all had a safe night!
        I'll check in later.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy New Year friendlings and nestlings! Lav, thank you for keeping the night lite on and your cheery salutations this morning of the New Year. It was comforting to know that you were there if needed.

Looking forward to 2010--probably more than I have for centuries. Feeling more empowered. Less alone. More directed. My life turned a corner when I found MWO.

Thank you all!
          Open
          "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy New Year Everyone.

I managed to survive the evening af. Wasn't hard -- just a little dull. Not sure how to fix that...

All the best in 2010!
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nestlings,

Openheart, remember you are never alone here at MWO.......feel free to PM me if you ever feel the need. You're right - we've all turned the corner. Now we just need to keep stepping in the right direction!

Tranq, spent a seriously quiet evening myself yesterday BUT it's sure better than nursing a hangover today! Helped my daughter & son-in-law finish up a drywall project today - wouldn't have been able to do that last year at this time

I think we all have something to look forward to - trick is to keep your eyes open

Signing off a bit early but the night lite will be on.
              Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Just chilling and watching football. Got to hang with my son a while today - that was great. AF today - haven't had a drink since Christmas Day. I only had 16 drinks for all of December - there was a time when that was a good day. Ha! So yeah Lav, I guess I'm doing better than this time last year too.

Openheart - you sound resolved and confident. I like that! We can make this hard or easy - it comes down to patience and attitude.

Yep - we have to keep our eyes open for the good stuff.

Happy New Year!
                Take Care.
                tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

1/1/10'

Just wanted to pop in to wish all of my nestlings a very special Happy New Year wish....may this year be bring all of you all that you so richly deserve. I'm proud of all of you for your dedicated efforts to bettering yourselves and those around you.
                  Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feels very cozy in the nest--what a comforting way to start the new year. The nest keeps us warm, provides a safe place to call home and helps us learn how to fly sober and free.

Tranq--sounds like a wonderful way to have spent your day.
                    Lav--sounds like your rennovating a home w/ more than just feathers--you've been busting tail lately! I bet it feels good to put your feet up and have a cup of tea.
                    Renewal--loved your encouragement! Though I have to say when I first read your post I read it as dedicated efforts to "battering" yourselves....teeheehee--that definitely would have described me past New Years, but thankfully not this one! Bettering is the word--YES!

G'nite all!:h Open
                    "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

It's a windy, chilly 23 degrees in my end of the nest this morning but the sun is out!

Greetings to Pops & G - nice to see you. Wishing you a happy & healthy 2010!

open, we are safe & warm here regardless of the weather outside
                      Our mutual strength helps to keep us safe!

Good morning Tranq - I'll bet it's chilly in your part of the nest too - not a golf day! Any plans for heading South yet??

I need to 'undecorate' today, time to pack it all away for another year.
                      Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nestbuds,
                        It has been so nice to have so much time to check in w/ everyone since I've been on vacation.
                        Alas, vacation is over on Monday, yet I feel like am off to a strong start w/ 10 days af under my belt. I think I will feel tested w/ work stress, but am feeling ARMED AND DANGEROUS!

It kinda feels like I am this helium balloon which has been tethered to cement, and one strap at a time is coming free. I am so ready to SAIL!

Lav--I envy you--you will be getting your house back in order--I do enjoy the holiday decor, but after a while it feels like clutter!
                        Tranq--there must be a way to play golf in the snow. Who woulda thunk--snow golf, indeed!
                        The nest is quiet lately--am looking forward to hearing from oldies but goodies, and newbies--maybe when we are back in our routines and not stuck in some airport somewhere!

Wishing everyone an af day--no matter what the day may bring.

:hOpen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Open - Snow golf huh. It's 2f (that's a whole two degrees) here. Brrrr. When your fingers are frozen solid it's hard to hold a club. We do have indoor "dome" practice facilities - I'm going later today. I'm sure I look funny lugging my clubs to the car in this weather.

Lav - you're reading my mind - trying to get down to FL before January's over.

Wow Open, I do like your metaphors! Enjoy the balloon ride! Pay attention to how you feel when you get too high or too low - and just go with flow. I've learned that the fears and stresses and anxieties I deal with are mostly invented in my own mind. I know that if I stop and catch myself feeling sorry for myself, or guilty, or bored, I realize that I tend to make things more "awful" in my own mind than they really are. So tend to the balloon's fire and be ready to adjust to the changing conditions.

Hi Renewal and Happy New Year.

Also, welcome and all the best to anyone else who pops in.

Take care.
                          tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

2f, eh, Tranq? I think I'd be calling that 2 F...f.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Muppett

My willpower equals a gnat too, but i pushed Monday into Tuesday and feel so chuffed with 2 AF days a week. Give it a go. you CAN do it!!
                              Jane :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah Open - Like 2 F'n Fs. It's freaking cold here!

Comment

Working...
                                X