Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters. Just checking in. Busy nest as per usual. Lots of newbies. I hope you're all going to settle in nicely and stay.

I'm off to see osteo- back still giving me jip. Then work. I think tomorrow is D30 for me but to be honest. Not keeping track. I know I don't drink.

Newbies- make sure you read and post tons. Have a plan for your first few days, maybe weeks. Make sure you can see triggers. There's lots if stuff in posts about other people's triggers. See which ones you have. This is constant and I have to be on guard all the time. Like available said- urges still there but not as bad as the first few days. I'm sending you all lots of strength.

MinStar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters

Minstar, congrats to you as you approach day 30

Rahul, push the boredom thoughts out of your head & work on your gratitude list. Positive thinking is a huge part of the process here. I wouldn't be where I am now if I had continued on with the negative thinking

C-Dev, sorry you had that awkward moment. I'll bet lots of us have had similar experiences. We can't change the past, it's history. We can assure that we will never, ever repeat those shitty behaviors in the future though, right? Keep moving forward!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2....I am incredibly thirsty and damp all over! But things are okay, just a little nervous about the future-
        Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
        -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Cat.... Drink tons of water , Gatorade, whatever helps and the sweats will pass... You're doing great, girl!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh I've been thirsty all the time since I quit!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick post in. Off to work.

Available hubby's drinking was out of control. He wanted to stop. He's taking ab. It works.
              Have a great day all.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat Belle;1563177 wrote: Day 2....I am incredibly thirsty and damp all over! But things are okay, just a little nervous about the future-
                I am on day 2 as well Cat. I am optimistic about this, and excited to feel good all the time, not just on random days. I am a Belle too- but more of a Dog Belle : ) I packed plenty of carrot juice and good food for my day, and plan to stay busy. Not eating and boredom usually leads me to drink. I'm going to read more here, and learn from the wonderful examples. Also going to look into some meditation techniques I saw briefly on another thread. Have a great day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                  Wow, lots going on over night!
                  C-D, can't say anything that hasn't already been said about your situation. I do know this...time heals a lot of things. EARNING people's trust back takes time, but it does happen. Earning it back from my hubs was SLOW, but I eventually did. AL (not Alabama, Further!!!) makes people do and say some god-awful things....it really IS a mind altering drug. But that said, you have an opportunity. I believe that becoming AF has given me a second chance at life....A DO-OVER! Make it better going forward. To say this is a journey of self-discovery is the understatement of the year. As Alkies, when the going gets tough, we run to the bottle....no more...we have to face these emotions and deal with them...but once they are sorted, there is growth! As I've said many times here, our emotional growth was stunted when we began drinking so now we are actually growing up and maturing! It's almost an out of body thing to witness...like watching someone else. Not sure I'm explaining it so well, but you will adjust to this new C-Devoloper V2.0. Ehehehe. You will LOVE the NEW you, warts and all.
                  TheLastStraw, great to see you! Congrats on your AF vacation!!!
                  Cat Belle, great job on Day 2!! You are over the worst part!! Hang in with us, and you'll never have to do this again! Stay close!
                  So good to see everyone! Minstar, I'm going to have to get a measurement for your hat! Looks like you are close!! Let us know!
                  Have a great day everyone! Get 'er done!!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are really article c developer a smart cookie obviously. You do seem very self aware which is good. You're feeling the feelings that were numbed by alcohol god it sounds like it's hit you for six. It's a good thing tho a good sign I think cos this is part of your recovery and to fully recover we have to feel the emotions we had been blocking out for so long. Hang in there. It's ok to feel sad. I think you sound strong tho. Ithe way you wrote that tho was very readable making it interesting. I think you have a talent for writing. Maybe not what you wanted to hear but an observation. I think you should keep writing this down. It's good for your recovery and good for your conscience. We have all done bad things to other people at some times in our lives. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you thought.hang in there. I'm dreading the guilty thoughts too. We must face them acknowledge them and move on. We can't change the past. I'm not sure if I would advise you to approach her and make amends. Maybe send a letter if you feel really bad but at the moment you are at a very fragile early stage in recovery I don't think it's the right time to open yourself up to a possible angry awkward situation.
                    Drink free since 18 August 2013:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

C-Dev, the positive thing is that you actually felt BAD about the way you treated this girl. Maybe in the past it wouldn't have bothered you? I know that emotions and feelings have come back triple-fold for me since I quit drinking. Things bother me now that normally wouldn't have even registered in my alcohol-riddled brain. I think it's good that you had a good cry and let it all out. Holding it in doesn't help anything. I am very proud of you!

Further - I seriously laughed at you thinking we were coming down on Alabama! :H Welcome to the Nest, we're glad to have you!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all,
                        More laundry today. Need to sort through more of dads stuff and decide what to give way or take to nursing home. So hard but there is no one else to do this and my dining/living room are a mess...
                        Still a little tired but feeling better every day...
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone - Trying to catch up with you folks but I've been away for too long and have the attention span of a gnat. I do want to comment on what CDev went through. That must have been awful!! If you know where she works. Perhaps you could leave her a note explaining that your brain was not functioning and that you're sorry you were less than the gentlemen you are now. If not, at least forgive yourself. And let it be fuel that you know that when you drink you're an asshat. A lot of us are! I know I did more than my fair share of creepy things and ruined more than one relationship with boyfriends.

Anyway - I hope everyone is doing well!!! We all just have today...let's make it a great one!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sake - I can't even begin to describe the MESS I was when drunk. I did all sorts of weird stupid crap, it doesn't even seem possible. Instead of dwelling on it, I am just thankful that I'm not like that anymore. It's hard to explain to people that haven't been through it, which is why I'm so glad to have you guys :l (Not to imply that you guys were even HALF as much of a mess as I was...LOL)
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9- I hear you loud and clear!! We are much better sober. LOL! At least we remember things! In my early teens I used to steal men's cologne out of their bathrooms. I would be at a party or whatever and in a blackout I would steal crap out of their bathrooms. I would find all kinds of crap in my purse the next day! I mean men's cologne?!?! What the hell? LOL!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all, I don't have time to read all posts and respond, will do that later. I have a dentist appt.
                                Ugh. Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great day and say hope all are doing well. Day 9 here and going strong, although I need a new decaf tea flavor
                                Hugs to all.
                                Kdog
                                Reflect upon your present blessingings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some

Comment

Working...
                                X