Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Feel like death today. That's the price of not sleeping for nearly 2 days and not eating for close to 2 days, whilst being out partying hard. That's the physical.

Mentally I feel weak. Doing things uncharacteristic of myself. Being places I wouldn't be when sober. Just generally being a waster,

Urgh.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I understand you and feel your pain. In this together, let's give it all we have together!:welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for b eing so considerate. Congrats on Day #9!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

It's good to see the nest so busy, the only problem with that is keeping up! Rahul, good to see you back here, well done on your three days, how are you feeling?

C Dev, thank you for sharing your story with us. Alcohol makes us act like selfish a**eholes. It's good that you recognise how badly you treated that girl, but you are not that person any more. I have done many things when I was drinking that I am really not proud of. But the important thing is, I am not doing that any more. Neither are you.

I hope your 'cry' was cathartic. Say goodbye to that 'old' you and relish the massive changes and improvements that you have made. And here, have a hug. :l

Sake, your men's cologne post had me in stitches! :H:H

I have been spending less time at work, but suddenly seem to have a lot less time on my hands! Went to the gym after work then had dinner out with my family. It was lovely

Watching some tv now, I think I am going to d/l Stephen King's latest, Doctor Sleep before bed. My friend was raving about it today.

Stay strong and sober everyone
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1563395 wrote: Watching some tv now, I think I am going to d/l Stephen King's latest, Doctor Sleep before bed. My friend was raving about it today.

Stay strong and sober everyone
            I just bought Doctor Sleep, but haven't started it yet. I MUST finish what I am reading before I start something new. Let me know what you think of it. I am a huge King fan- except for the Dark Tower stuff for some reason.

Just completed a good smudging on the house. Ate, again. Wow- twice in one day!!! Think I will do just a couple of chores and then set outside with the doggies and finish that book so I can start DS.

It's beautiful here today- I should get out and enjoy it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Further. I could never get into the The Dark Tower stuff either but I am also a fan. The last King book I read was Duma Key and I could not put it down. I prefer to read books the old fashioned way I don't know whether to d/l it or go and see If I can get a copy tomorrow. Enjoy!
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 30! Done and dusted. Sleep tight nesters.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats minstar

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks ican :-) x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Minstar! On behalf of the whole Newbie's Nest, may I be the second to congratulate you on a stellar job! 30 Days is such a milestone, the days will fly by now! We are all so proud of you and we're glad you are on this journey with us! Please accept this small token of a big job! Your hat!!

:goodtime:

Well done! Do you have any words as to how you did it! Any tips or mantras that got you thru? They are always good reading!

Further, great to see you posting!
                      Welcome SheGirl!! We are glad you found us! Settle in and tell us about you!
                      Londoner, welcome back! It is amazing what a couple good AF days will do for you. Stick close, review your plan and cover the basics! Great to see you!

Have a safe and easy AF evening all! Hugs, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS Minstar :wd:

Hello & welcome SheGirl, make yourself comfortable! Have you made a plan?

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

WooHoo Minstar!! Congrats on the big 30 days!!!
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wondering if anyone else has experiences what can only be described as apathy when stopping drinking? When I quit for 2 weeks I felt almost joyful but this time it's more apathy I'm feeling ... Any recommendations? Insights?

Also Byrdie is there anywhere to see your original MWO posts to get your backstory?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Ican, I think everyone experiences a bit of that but usually it's after several months AF. I can remember feeling 'now what?' I was advised to work on my gratitude list, it really helped. This is also a good time to start some new & interesting things, hobbies, volunteer activites, etc. The most important thing is maintaining your quit - no matter what!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi my fellow peeps of the recovering persuasion hope everything is well..

MinStar;1563404 wrote: Day 30! Done and dusted. Sleep tight nesters.
                                Good job on the 30 days Minstar ! I like the dusted reference .. sounds clean hehe..

Byrdlady;1563209 wrote: C-D, can't say anything that hasn't already been said about your situation. I do know this...time heals a lot of things. EARNING people's trust back takes time
                                , but it does happen.
                                I understand what your saying .. but I for one dont really have the time waiting for someone to trust me anymore. I have given my apologies to all those that I have or even might have hurt in the past. I have explained to them what Im doing in my life and how much better things are for me now. Most of them had no problem and actually congratulated me and wished my future well. Those few that remained bitter and hold on to the past are now on their own terms with their own feelings. I simply dont want anyone around that holds me in the past.. hey Im moving forward not backwards. Again..I do understand what your saying but then again whos trust really do I need ..Its my trust in others that mean the most.

C-Dev Man I really enjoyed your wrist work on that post ! Just remember it takes two to tango. Sounds like she is not likely to dig a hole for the hatchet especially when you described her piercing eyes and pushing energy on you. Personally I would not leave a note..If anything I would tell her personally if she is even up for it. But If It was me I wouldn't even approach the issue. But you know her and the situation better than anyone of us..so do what you gotta do..or do nothing and move on. I know that may seem like a hard thing do to .. but sometimes its better to let the sleeping dog sleep. Its also a possibility that the flood of emotion was actually an accumulation of things and not necessarily just her..and she was just the catalyst ? In any case I hope you feel better now that you went from heaven to hell and hopefully back towards the brighter side of things

Im going to have to catch some sleep before the big day tomorrow..lots of things going on that Im not looking forward to. The way things are going though.. I think everything should turn out just fine

Good night and I hope everyone the very best. Manana ..
                                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Working...
                                X