Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Very sorry to hear of the loss of another MWO member, very sad. I hope lamb777 is at peace.

Dave, your story just made me smile, thanks for sharing! We truly are the designers of our ow futures

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - hold on tight everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1563810 wrote: Haha gambler I saw you kept calling me man! But nope I'm a woman ... Haha... I don't feel nearly as blah today and you say you do but you sound GREAT...I hope I will start attracting all that positivity soon

It was yesterday I felt kinda Neutral .. I was just going back on yesterdays post Girlfriend
      You know ..there's been like 4 woman that I first thought were "hanging to the left" if you know what I mean !:H Maybe I should start calling everyone a chick from now on. The dudes at least will set you straight faster than space shuttle coming in at mach 4

Lav .. Im getting a lot of smiles today it seems :thanks:
      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

How do you get the other posts to show in yours Dave?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ican,
          I 'm going to take all your ideas on the pleasures of not drinking, put them in a crockpot and let them stew. lol
          I too love to cook, and actually do about 95% of the cooking in our household. Iused to work in several restaurants.
          The problem, It's when I used to do most of my drinking. It stills triggers thoughts, and sometimes I fall.
          Reading about Lamb777's death reminded me of a fellow nester years ago, '08 or '09 when I was lurking. Sorry I don't recall the name now, maybe some old timer can help me, but he too was a big cook, and a motorcycle rider. I identified with him because of the cooking, and the ability to still be a bad ass on the cycle. He said he often had to look in the trash the following morning to see what he cooked and ate, because he got so wasted cooking dinner he couldn't remember. A few months later I read he had passed away, another victim of AL. I stayed away for a year or so, FEAR. Afraid of what I could or couldn't do.
          I'm back trying, That's all I can say and do at this point.
          Just trying to hit on a few points of the past few days that I've been away, out of town working.
          Lola, welcome back, and stop by often with some support, we could all use the advice.
          g'night all

Comment

Newbies Nest

The following is an excerpt from a book written about Lamb777. The title of the book is "The Dead Girl In The Bathtub"

TEN DAYS BEFORE SHE DIED, Julia Law reached out to an online forum called ?My Way Out,? for alcoholics. She sent a note to someone she had corresponded with in the past, who went by the handle of K9Lover. ?Hey K,? she wrote, under her own handle of Lamb777, ?i know i probably seem a little flaky at his point ? honestly, i have been going through more and more life crap and it just has caused me to drink more and i didn?t want to be honest with myself or anyone else trying so hard on here ? didn?t deserve i should post ? anyway, ... i?m ready to come back.? She went on to ask K about something she thought he had written previously about tapering off alcohol with ?prescribed benzos for withdraw/ seizures? ? i kinda tried tapering with beer and it just has not worked.? She added that she ?happened to have some [Klonopin] ? I researched the hell out of it and know it?s what they use for alcohol withdraw, etc. ? sorry for rambling ? I hope you had a nice weekend ? thank you for listening.?
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Amazon.com: The Dead Girl in the Bathtub eBook: Lisa DePaulo: Kindle Store

Here is the link to that book on Amazon.
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi mr vervill... Cook the list right up and send me something too.... I hate to cook(( I drank just to get through it so now it's really a struggle ... So I guess it goes either way! Either you miss it loving cooking or miss it hating cooking
                I went back and read lamb777 post... She didn't have many ... So sad
                Hi little b and Kradle sorry I left y'all out earlier .... Typing on iPhone makes it hard to go back n see everyone but you both are very inspiring to me ... Thanks for the pm LB

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh gosh that lamb777 book info is so sad...

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1563825 wrote: The following is an excerpt from a book written about Lamb777. The title of the book is "The Dead Girl In The Bathtub"

TEN DAYS BEFORE SHE DIED, Julia Law reached out to an online forum called ?My Way Out,? for alcoholics. She sent a note to someone she had corresponded with in the past, who went by the handle of K9Lover. ?Hey K,? she wrote, under her own handle of Lamb777, ?i know i probably seem a little flaky at his point ? honestly, i have been going through more and more life crap and it just has caused me to drink more and i didn?t want to be honest with myself or anyone else trying so hard on here ? didn?t deserve i should post ? anyway, ... i?m ready to come back.? She went on to ask K about something she thought he had written previously about tapering off alcohol with ?prescribed benzos for withdraw/ seizures? ? i kinda tried tapering with beer and it just has not worked.? She added that she ?happened to have some [Klonopin] ? I researched the hell out of it and know it?s what they use for alcohol withdraw, etc. ? sorry for rambling ? I hope you had a nice weekend ? thank you for listening.?
                    That is really very sad and very close to home K9.
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

K9, I followed that story on the local news, very sad!
                      Charles Peruto Jr is your typical, high profile, scumbag Philly lawyer. What a shame she got mixed up with that dirtball

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Thursday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. Just wanted to pop in and hang around for a bit. I am trying to have an AF month but taking it day by day. Need some support.

Hi k9 and Lav :-)
                        Be strong-
                        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 and feeling pretty good still. Taking my supplements and eating 3 times a day. Can't remember the last time I have done that! A little upset about that young woman's death. Woke up several times thinking about her. Could have been me. Many times.

Ican- we started the same day, I hope you are feeling better today!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Further. What supplements are you taking?
                            Be strong-
                            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sad about Lamb777. It appears she had a lot going on in her life. Though I never watched an episode, I think of that young man Cory from Glee often. He passed away right around the time I joined the forum, so I think of him as a reminder how dangerous alcohol is. Maybe someone joining around this time will do the same with Lamb777.

I made it through Day One, and gave myself a little cheer right before I went to bed. Thanks again everyone for your support. I needed it and read your words over again many times yesterday. I woke up today not feeling great and a little sad. Not in the "I want a drink" way, but in the typical Day Two way. Talked over my feelings with my wife and got some food into me feeling a little better now. I know it's temporary and will pass as the day goes by.
                              11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                                Welcome, Rebirth, it looks like we joined at roughly the same time! The best advice I can give you is to dive into the Tool Box and read everything you can and glue yourself into the nest and post!! So glad you are here! If an old hag like me can get sober, I know a well appointed person like you can, too! (judging by your avatar, of course).

Gambler, I tell you, your inner beauty comes thru, doesn't it? That person that we all thought AL brought out really IS down there, you just have to peel the layers of crap back to find him/her!! Your story was GREAT!! We are all given a second chance here at life! So make it count, I say!! Make someone's day BETTER because they encountered YOU! Sounds like you are taking life by the b..... back of the neck!! :H:H:H

All this crock pot cooking's set me to thinking what I can throw into one!

BTW, I highly recommend the new Arby's Brisket Sandwich. Yummo. Do not read if you are counting fat or calories. The brisket is like budda! Tender and delicious! I got it with the salad to counteract the calorie overdose!! AND a diet coke!

I hope everyone makes it a GREAT AF day.....you can suffer thru it, or you can overcome it. Don't give AL the satisfaction of thinking that you are longing for him. I hate AL!! The day I quit playing wet nurse to AL was the best day of my life! Hang in everyone! It gets better! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X