Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

rebirth;1563915 wrote: Hi Further. What supplements are you taking?
    Hi Rebirth! That is an apt name, I feel like a new person myself.

I am taking SAM-e upon waking with my morning whole food vitamin and carrot juice. Then taking Kudzu, L-Glutamine, and Milk Thistle (Silymarin with some dandelion and something else in it- don't have the bottle here, I put them in my take along case) 3 times a day with food ( which has been a challenge for me, but I attribute a good portion of my feeling better to good nutrition).

I also have some GABA (brand name is GABA Calm from serene science with glycine and taurine and something else) for those times I feel a craving coming on. They have those inhibitory neurotransmitters in them. The magnesium is important for alcoholics to get as well- which I get in my multi vitamin.

Do you use any? Curious if any of the long timers started out using them, then eventually come off. I know the Kudzu isn't supposed to be used long term.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Elvis. Well done on Day One. We all know how it feels to battle the cravings..

Hi Byrdlady. Love your avatar

Hi Further. I have been on and off this site for a few years now. But when I first joined I was on a bottle of wine a day and two bottles per day at the weekends. I managed to go AF for five months without taking any supplement. I have been able to moderate for quite a few years since then.

But stuff has happened to me recently and I suddenly have this desire to get drunk every night. Hence why I am back. I need to be AF till this beast is tamed again. I am not taking any supplements as yet.
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I would like for ALL of you to know, that I get so much inspiration from all of you. It seems that as I click around, and pick up tidbits here and there, I think, wow, how true!!!

Yesterday I read something here that really stood out for me - and I am sorry I can't remember who posted it, I'm still learning my way around and all the names, etc- but it was something like ... when we drink to stop feeling the pain from the bad stuff, we are also not feeling the GOOD stuff. It was like a light bulb went off for me. I can't go back and undo all the times I didn't fully enjoy the good things and people in my life, but I sure can stop continuing to do it going forward. I'm not even going to let myself have a pity party about it. I've had a couple of good cries, but I am not going to beat myself up about it anymore- hence more pain to need to numb.

Anyway- thank you ALL for sharing what has worked, not worked, etc etc. I'm hanging in here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Rebirth! SO good to see you...I've often wondered how you're doing! Sorry you're going through a rough patch, but you know we are here for you, so please stick around, we can help you get through this! :h

Elvis - Good job getting through Day 1...now do it again today!

Yes, all this crockpot talk has me wondering what I can throw into mine. I know of a 4.1lb chihuaha that would fit perfectly. Although I doubt she would be very tender. LOL

Lav - After reading Lambs story, I was disgusted at her "boyfriend"...what a narcissistic asshole. What shocked me what that "I" personally was mentioned in her conversation on MWO...although they referred to me as a "HE". LOL :H

Everyone have a good day and remember that thoughts are just that...thoughts. You don't have to act on them.
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
            Crazy storm here...dogs on my lap...poor babies...
            Staying in today....more chores to do or just veg not sure yet...
            One doggie to vet tomorrow for teeth cleaning...hope it improves her breath....
            I agree about feelings....I have been having little snippets of memories I thing were pushed down with AL...feelings are strange to me as I have been medicating them away for so many years with AL in one form or another...may look into a little counseling to deal with all that has gone on over the summer and now...if I can find someone in insurance network.....that may not be easy either...
            Dottie
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 my old friend. Good to see you too xx
              Be strong-
              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in!

Just realized it's four months now since I quit. I can't begin to describe how happy I am to be AF and how I wish I'd done it sooner. Oh well, no point in dwelling on the past, rather I should enjoy the now.

I read about lamb, so sad. I guess with all the success stories we read here we forget that people disappear and we never really know how they made out. All the more reason for me to stay connected, and to share when and what I can.

I came to MWO when I was 11 days AF, and still very vulnerable. The timing couldn't have been better as many people cave around that time it seems. I had immediate support, I read for hours every night to stop the cravings. I ate myself silly knowing it was a temporary thing but important to my withdrawal. I wouldn't have known any of it without MWO and the dedication of those ahead of me.

So I come here tonight to say I will try harder to stay connected. It is only fair to give back when you have been given so much.

Talk to me! I'm here!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June - I remember when you first arrived, and I can hardly believe 4 months has passed. I am so, so proud of you! We all wish we had done it sooner, but nothing can be done about that. But it is a good reinforcement to the Newbies who wonder "Is this really worth it?"....we can give a resounding YES...IT'S WORTH IT AND WE WISH WE'D DONE IT SOONER! Ok I'll stop shouting now. Way to go friend...keep it up!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 thanks again for all your support and for sticking it out. I have been a little selfish in thinking I am over the hump and I don't need MWO like I used to. But it's not all about me. I want to follow your and the other "seniors" and really be here the way you were here for me.
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1563820 wrote: How do you get the other posts to show in yours Dave?
                      HI Ican .. sure just goto the bottom right of any post and you will see a button named "QUOTE" along with a " button. The Quote thingy will just quote that post. If you want to quote multiple posts highlight the " thingy button on each post you want in your post ( it will turn red ). After your done red flagging you just go down to the bottom of the page and click on the regular quote button. Also if you want to expand the posting area you hold your left mouse button on the shaded corner just below the right hand scroll bar. Its kinda hard to see but its there. I like doing this so I dont have such a small work space

Byrdlady;1563919 wrote:

Gambler, I tell you, your inner beauty comes thru, doesn't it? That person that we all thought AL brought out really IS down there, you just have to peel the layers of crap back to find him/her!!
                      You know whats kinda funny .. but not really.. but still.. When I drank my beers everyone made me more confident. Of course I couldn't do anything about anything at that moment because I was drinking. But If I drank too much the confidence went into almost a nervous lacking in confidence. No matter what when I woke up I felt like there was no solid direction anymore. When I quit it did take a little time for the Real Confidence to start building. Which made it kinda tough for that little while .. thinking just a few beers could give me a little boost .. Nope all lies.. I just had to wait for the real deal and I am so glad I did.

Im going to have to look into the Crock pot deal as Im loving to cook again ( I used to be a cook and a baker ). I like my Italian Pressure Pot and I just got a Calphalon duch oven. That pressure pot is sweet though. I can cook basically anything in 20 minutes. Oh yea .. and I can bake on the stove top with it too .

Further;1563922 wrote:
                      I also have some GABA (brand name is GABA Calm from serene science with glycine and taurine and something else) for those times I feel a craving coming on. They have those inhibitory neurotransmitters in them. The magnesium is important for alcoholics to get as well- which I get in my multi vitamin.

Do you use any? Curious if any of the long timers started out using them, then eventually come off. I know the Kudzu isn't supposed to be used long term.
                      Hi further hope your day is treating you wonderfully..

Yea I had some Gaba on hand along with some Melatonin. I wasnt sleeping well in the start so I took a few Mg of the melatonin. I felt relaxed .. but It made me stay up all night long. After some reading I found that the saratonin levels might have already been spiking.. So after that night I decided not to take any more helper drugs for myself. I just let the levels swing up and down until they leveled out ( at least I sure hope they leveled out ).

Welp its been one of those days that workaholics love. Who needs a gym when I get quite enough workout at work doing shrink wrapping .. phew some good exocardiomyopharticalbe or whatever it is.. its definitely calls for some good horizontal nocturnal slumber time. Now its time to get some Itch off me and start some wild recipe for my clucks in the ol' pressure pot. So I bid everyone adieu for now :l

Edit: Hey K9 .. you changed your Avatar while I was posting .. It really is a good picture. I shall reciprocate
                      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am in a funk today...I cant sit here everyday ...I need a purpose...I am tired all the time and just bored I know...there is much to do but I just dont feel like it....boohiss....I know this will pass...drinking my water etc....not thinking about drinking but need a plan for the future...
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Dottie, what do you think you'd like to do? A small business perhaps, like me?
                          I am as busy as I want to be, I can turn down work & not feel guilty.

rebirth, said hello to you on another thread but hello again!
                          Sorry there are difficulties in your life right now, we all have them. That's why I've stayed around MWO so long, it's a good lifeline when you need one

K9, no kidding - that Peruto family has always been in the news for one reason or another. His father was just like him too. They have history with organized crime in Philly too (representing criminals). Sorry that young girl got caught up in that crap. You are a pretty good looking guy K9 :H

3June, congrats on your 4 months AF! I am very happy for you & glad to know you here! Keep up the great work, you are helping others!

Hey Dave - is that you in the picture? You look like a kid yourself

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest! I hope everyone is filling up their plans for an AF weekend.
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav I have no clue...don't know what talents I have that might earn me money...
                            I have an appointment with a life coach next week..she is a friend and not charging me much so she can get experience...
                            I want to like retirement....just has not started off very well so far....
                            Hoping she can give me some insight....
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sure is Lav .. and yes it was a number of years ago It kinda depicts how I feel being AF. I have one when I was sailing the caribbean but um.. Im in my underwear :H
                              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1564178 wrote: I am in a funk today...I cant sit here everyday ...I need a purpose...I am tired all the time and just bored I know...there is much to do but I just dont feel like it....boohiss....I know this will pass...drinking my water etc....not thinking about drinking but need a plan for the future...
                                Dottie
                                Dottie, your purpose right now sounds like healing. You are growing:h, I just thought of the grinch, sorry. You helped me the other day, now wipe that smoothie off your face and get back in there.
                                What you resist persits

Comment

Working...
                                X