Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Oh and Hi Jane. Welcome. I must of missed who muppet is.

Anyhow,

Take care.
    tw
    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters!

Down to 19 degrees at 8:30 pm - wonder how low it's going to go, brrrr!
      The poor hens couldn't take much of the chilly wind today - they kept running back into the coop!

Winter golf in FL sounds nice Tranq, hope it works out for you

Open, what Tranq said is so true - we really do tend to blow things out of proportion (in our own heads). Keeping that thought in the back of your mind kinda helps when a potential 'trigger situation' arises! We've been praticing staying level headed I think I just keep telling myself that everything is easier with a clear head - it really is!

Well, I wish everyone a WARM & safe night in the Nest!
      The night light will be on.........
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good frosty morning Nesters!

We have a chilly 16 degrees out side my end of the nest today!
        The nest is open for busines

Have a great day!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brrr. -1f. That's MINUS ONE F'n Fs here. I need more feathers. Should've followed my instincts and flew south.

Very quiet weekend here. Too cold to get into too much trouble. Still af in 2010.

Take care.
          tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Tranq,

Just the two of us? Again?
            Where is everyone?

I hope you're not freezing your tail feathers off - you'll never make it to FL without them
            It's 25 degrees tonight - relatively warm, ha ha! We're going thru firewood like crazy trying to help out the heating system a bit!

Welll, I'll leave the night light on - just in case!
            Be warm & safe!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tranq, Lav

No, I'm here too! It's about 33 celsius here, so I'm also indoors looking out at the sunshine though! With just coming up for 5 AF days behind me, I am still at the stage of opening my eyes in the morning and before getting out of bed I have to check how I feel - do I feel guilty? No! do I feel hungover? No! Did I hide a drink somewhere? No! I can't believe how good it feels to be able to leap (well ok, heave myself!) out of bed in the mornings and know that I really didn't have a drink last night!

Mandalay

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oooh--me, too! I'm here too! The one with her hand up waving all around! Trying to get mentally geared up for work tomorrow--shoulda gone in over break--oh well!

The nest has been pretty quiet lately--it does seem to ebb and flow--like life!

Ate WAY too many worms over holiday vacation--gonna have to start doing some exercises--maybe start lifting some "feather"weights! Or maybe some nest yoga and tail lifts!

Went to a dinner gathering tonight w/ lots of special punch flowing--I was a good girl and drank lots of water instead--actually it was easy--surprise surprise! It is getting easier--but still dealing w/ the triggers--it kinda feels like Pavlov's conditioning w/ the triggers!

Tranq--Thanks for the tips on keeping the helium balloon filled with a steady heat--I will remember that this week. I do feel more even tempered w/ the alc. out of my system, so maybe it will be easier.
                Lav--Are you done working on your daughter's house yet? Glad to hear there was a showing already--that is a good sign! I'll bet your muscles are aching a bit w/ all the manual labor!
                Hi Mandalay--glad to see you and well done on your 5 days! I can relate to the relief in the morning when I remember I had an af night. Way to go and keep on keeping on!

High 5, knuckle touches and hugs all around!
                Openheart
                "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey--Good Morning everyone! Looks like I closed the joint and now am opening it--COOL! Amazing how much easier it is to get up in the morning after not having alc. for---OMGosh--2 weeks today! Of course, not that I would ever literally JUMP out of bed--but waking up without an alarm, after sleeping the whole night through--is pretty encouraging!

Hoping everyone has a strong day today, no matter what comes your way!
                  Love and hope,
                  Openheart
                  "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I'm thrilled to see some compnay here

Open, you sound really great! Congrats on your 2 weeks today, feels good, doesn't it? Everything will keep getting better & better.

mandalay, congrats to you too! Isn't it amazing how 5 AF days can make such a huge difference? Waking up clear headed is your reward - amazing isn't it?

I need to get some work done today myself (work at home). I do have one customer awaiting. I've enjoyed my mini-vacation even though I did spend a good deal of time vacuumimg up dry wall dust, etc., ha ha!

Back to work Tranq!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday - a good start to the week
                    I'll check in later!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone *sheepish cluck*

It's lil old me again, hoping she can get back on the nice comfy twig and just quietly roost again? Sorry I went away for awhile..I had to, was getting very stressed out about alot of things etc etc. Not AF,still working on it, but trying to get healthier in general!
                      I've missed you all, haven't read back yet on the thread,but will do so soon and get a feel for what has been going on.
                      It feels like coming home though,so good to see Lav,Tranq,Open still here and fighting the good fight!
                      Luv Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woooo Hoooo!!!!

Two weeks for Open! Five days for Mandalay!

And CHICKEN IS BACK! Okay, sshhh. She's quietly clucking back o' the nest. Welcome back hun! [missed ya big!]

Hi Lav. 25f is not cold - and by my calcs neither is 33c, but it got all the way up to 17f here. Only 7 this morning - but that's improving from =2. Gotta run out for a bit, but will try to sneak in later. I'm still AF in 2010 too [since Christmas day actually], on a roll!

Enjoy the ride!
                        tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

My ears just perked up - I heard clucking
                          Chooks, I'm glad you're back........sorry you've had troubles. Your twig is ready for you, just hop right on We really have missed you. Stick around, share your troubles with us - we're listening.

OK Tranq - I know it's colder in the midwest.......by the time the air gets here to the east coast it tends to warm up a bit! Good for you on your AF days! Saves a lot of $$, doesn't it? I was amazed myself when I did the calculations!

Wishing everyone a safe, warm, comfortable night in the nest!
                          The night light is on.......
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Yeah Lav, I guess I've saved money on al, but I don't know what I spent it on - and no I haven't been drinking. Ha. Christmas is a tough time of year to save. Hopefully the savings will add up in the new year.

Open and Mandalay, I'm still jacked about waking up in the am without a hangover, and not still being drunk, bleh! It's a huge motivation to me now... Thinking about going to the gym early on Saturday morning, or waking up fresh for work on Monday. I sometimes wonder what the hell I must've looked like on some Monday mornings. So, yeah, non-spinning eyeballs in the am are a huge plus!

Shuttin' down here, it's been kind of a long day.
                            Take care all!
                            tw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Featherlings--the good thing about cold weather is that it doesn't make me thirsty for a cold beer.

On sunny days 'round here, we go out on the ice for some icefishing where the sun soaks in to the bone. A very weird combination--the sweet smell of coconut suntan oil, a trashy novel and a really short fishing pole while laying out on a snow beach.

Thanks for the exclamation on the af days, Tranq, --I am feeling pretty encouraged by it. I've decided to go for 30 days--take someone as far as they can see and then they can see further.
                              Lav--brrrrr--it feels like the air warms up by the time it gets to you on the east coast? Whew--I knew you were tough--but, holy cow! I don't think I've ever been colder than when we lived in the east. But on second thought, the wind really bites in the midwest. Hmmmm--let's just all fly south with Tranq.
                              Hey there Chicken--I was hoping you would fly by--I'm just recently back myself after letting it all go to H.E. double toothpick for a while. Cluck in some more, no matter where you're at in your process.

Later alligators!:h Open

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post, Tranq--g'night my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X