Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav, end everyone else for a lovely welcome back :h
    Plan is - get a life, pick myself up, stop feeling sorry for myself, be grateful I have so many oportunities, where so many don't have any. It's not going to be easy, but really up for it. Planning lots of diversions, but feel and look so dreadful, so guilty at what everyone has had to put up with in my family, that I am so looking forward to rebuilding my life. I finally got down to that rock bottom, and never going here again. I finally see there's nothing remotely fun, interesting, exciting - about being a drunk. It's a lonely, devastating experience. I'm over it.
    Day 1 of the rest of my life, I don't feel scared anymore, drinking like this for ever scares me more.
    Have a good night, will check back tomorrow xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nester's,

Right on Noodle!

G'night from downunder. I'm off to sleep on my head as is our way here.

Take care y'all.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters!

No sunshine here, rain on the way - oh well.

I have work waiting for me & I'm expecting my daughter & granddaughter for a visit this afternoon. life is good

Keep checking in noodle, wishing you the best!
        Have a great AF Monday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in before work. I'm really understanding that driking is not just something that happens to me. It's a decision I make over and over again and it has strengthened into a formidable habit. Today is day two and my goal is to start making different decisions, as many times as it takes, until sobriety is my habit.
          You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, again, Kailey

I like your new signature!:__________________
            A nail is driven out by another nail; habit is overcome by habit.
            ----------------------------------------------------
            Sober since 10-6-13

Hope you make posting often on MWO a habit - it really makes a difference!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. Just a quick one checking in. Am reading every day but haven't really had a chance to post. Hopefully tonight.
              X

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just starting out day 6 AF. Never thought this would be that hard at 24 I'm ashamed. I know addiction doesn't discriminate, but I've always told myself my probably was cigarettes not drinking. After making horrible choices while intoxicated and so close to loosing everything I love .... I'm here. And this is just a small step in a big journey, so glad I found a place of support.
                :yougo:10/2/2013:yougo:

The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build your life by, and this you will become.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, JustMe

How great for you to be dealing with this at your age! Most of us who are extremely grateful for the changes in our lives regret that we didn't do it sooner. Just do it, be done, and have a fabulous rest of your life !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday, Nesters!
                    I just got home from a long day of work and am happy to have a minute to check in here--

:welcome:Justme-- good to have you here with us. As everyone here will agree to, it's great to find a branch and cozy down. Make yourself at home with us here in the Nest--tomorrow is Day 7 for you-- a good day! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Kailey, I like your new signature, too. I'm also working on nailing down this new habit. It does get easier- but we really have to put in the work sometimes, don't we?

Cat, I so hear you with the falling into bed exhausted. I love it. I love waking up in the middle of the night realising I'm SOBER and then snuggling down and falling back to sleep. Regardless of how early I have to wake up or how much work I have to do, I know it's possible to handle.

Hope you are all well and on your toes.
                    Big hugs:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nosugar and Minstar!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,
                        Sun is out but it is chilly....56 degrees...I guess fall is here.
                        Feeling good today..cant believe I have made it this far...
                        Off to do some grocery shopping...
                        Back later.
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, LC

You are one of the people I was referring to when I said I had witnessed the magic. I'm so happy for you .

:l NS

Cross-post! You sound so happy!

Comment

Newbies Nest

NS:l back at you!
                            I am so happy today-- everything is clear. And I'm trying to just enjoy it instead of ruining it with questions.

Big hello, Dottie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in!
                              Noodle so good to see you. You sound like you are at the point to make some real changes in your life. I'm so happy for you. If you woulda told me 3 years ago that I'd be sober now and no longer drinking to passing out every night, I wouldn't have believed you. It is a miracle, but they happen every day around here. I'm on Day 992 and I'm living proof that it can be done!
                              Justme, great to see you!
                              Hang in there everyone! Every day you put between you and AL is a GREAT day!!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wooooooah! Nearly 1000 days Byrdie! Xxx
                                AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Working...
                                X