Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1566264 wrote: Elvis - You only fail when you quit trying, so pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start day one again.
    Thanks K9, this is true. Still weak, but I'm eating and drinking as much as I can. I just need time. Getting through it a minute at a time when I have to. I won't forget the feeling.
    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters.
        Just checking in again, haven't read back as yet but will do.

Rahul- sorry you're on D1 again. Try again. That is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. Try and figure out the triggers when you're travelling and have plans in place for when you travel again.

Allankay- nice statement :-)

Hop everyone else is safe in the nest.

I'm tucked up in bed ready to read and sleep. So tempted to have some vino this evening!!! Seems every time I think ok I'm ok, it comes back with such a strong hold. I should know it isn't ever going to go away.
        Available, Dottie and Life change- think its d40 for you gals :-) well done!!!
        Anyhow, glad I didn't and ate like a fiend and now wondering if I will EVERlose this darn middle tyre! :-)

Night night x

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1566379 wrote:
          Love this and needed this today ☝️ Winding down on day 8 .... I CAN make it through this day. Ugh lots of panic attacks today, the thought of having a beer to relax has crossed my mind more then once today. But I just keep reminding myself all the problems will still be there ..... It's so strange to feel the world raw and sober.

Hope everyone has an amazing night/day wherever you are
          :yougo:10/2/2013:yougo:

The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build your life by, and this you will become.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it past all the toll booths and am back home! Got in around 7....this would have been an impossibility 3 years ago, I'd have needed to have been in place by 4 so I could begin my drinking. Ugg, I do NOT miss that at all! Just a quick check in tonight. Pooped! Hang in there everyone! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad you are home safe Byrdie

Elvis, Rahul & anyone else starting over.....
              You all have the ability to make this you last Day 1 ever!!!!!!!
              Commit yourselves to your quit, plan, plan, plan. Don't leave anything to chance!
              You may not believe it now but it is actually easier to not drink than it is to keep putting yourselves through all this. Take the leap of faith, I did & I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all just a quicky check in due to a movie night and some early sleep planned out..

Had another good day with work and another scream fest over at the boys soccer game. Funny thing is this time another father basically told the coach to chill out on the team. Basically All the dads were just sitting there shaking their heads at whomever was yelling rofl. Im finally ready to goto sleep early tonight. Ive been up a bit too late lately ... so a small bowl of I.Cream and some yogurt and its lights out.

I will catch up on the last day or so tomorrow okies

Stay strong everyone and enjoy..

Dave
                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters!

Rahul, Elvis, I know you're struggling but each time you quit you learn something hopefully. Try to take the lesson with you and not beat yourself up too much. AL has been part of your life for a long time, and it's tough saying goodbye forever. But the longer he is gone the easier it will get. You know that. Listen to your gut.

Byrdie glad you're home safe! Do you use GPS? Mine has a setting that avoids tolls!

Gambler I love reading your posts on the joy of being AF. Hold on to that feeling it will keep you sane. I feel the same way, and wish everyone could feel what we feel.

Wait, they can! But if I'd only known long ago how good this would feel I would have quit way way back. I was so scared of letting go of AL, yet now I can't stand the idea of letting him back in!

So if you're out there thinking about it read and post, read and post. Don't be afraid, giving up AL is the best thing you will ever do in your life!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9....I always put mine on a credit card....and it would have Mapco on it everyday for $12.31! More if was a weekend. I ALWAYS went to the same place....only needed one store to think I was a drunk....and the staff turned over every 3 months

Elvis...hang in there. I don't remember what a buzz felt like.....but, I do remember feeling hungover. Bloated and sick. I tried several times for years to quit. I truly had to change how I viewed alcohol.

Now I see it as a liquid that makes me sick. And drained my bank account.

I just love it (not) when someone points out I don't look so bloated these days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!

I'm happy because I'm going in for my last 10+ hour workday until Monday! yips yips.. 3 whole days off to do whatever I want, wide open territory. It feels so different being free from the hold of AL. Really good.

Avail and Dottie, I think it is day 40 for us today!:l Big hugs ladies. Let's keep on keeping on. You too, Minstar-sounds like a nice evening you had last night. I hope that annoying voice didn't bother you too long. I don't feel like I've had to deal with it or the cravings so much this time--but I have such a huge wall built around myself and lots of weapons to break it down if it comes calling! Are you reading something good?

Great poster AllanK-- and what is PMA?

Hey Elvis, sorry to hear of your suffering. I do remember those days clearly and never want to be there again. You know you have the choice. It's such hard work sometimes, fighting off the beast, but like everyone agrees on, not nearly as hard as going back to what you've just experienced. I hope you're feeling better today-- and full of resolve. For me, this time, making the commitment to come here and post every single day, several times a day has really helped. The promise that I will come here before making any decisions regarding AL. You can do it.:l

You too, Rahul.:l

hi Sunflower! Nice to see you and hear you are doing so well. How far along are you now?

Byrdie, I'm sorry about the toll booth hell! I did have to laugh at the going in circles part. And drinking coffee with those damned little straws. I'm glad you're home safe and sound.

hi Lav! Justme! 3June! and Gambler and everyone else popping in today. Make it a good one and I'll see you this evening.
                      How are you LittleBeagle?

Comment

Newbies Nest

DRYER!! Day 30! Very well done!!!:thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys, well day 40 for us woo hoo. I have been in a foul mood, just dont look at me or talk to me and probably run for your life and then you are safe. Not sure why the mood but i am guessing this bloody hens night is doing my head in. PMS does not help at all either i am afraid but i am struggling along and just reading on here. My mother arrives in a week and two days time also and of course i am not organised mentally for mum moving in for a couple of months. I love her dearly BUT.....

Tomorrow is another day and its great to read all the positives off you guys, it keeps me determined to carry on and Saturday is only another day, just another day, just another day.......only another day

Congrats to all on the big numbers and of course the little ones as they are so hard to achieve.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a super dooper quick check in - all good - end of Day 4 for me - feeling sweet! Kailey - are you still here my friend? Hope all is good with you, and everyone else xxx Hitting the sack with a mug of Sleepy Tea - anyone tried that stuff?? It's knock out juice - didn't know herbals (legal lols) could be so powerful!! Anyways - can deffo recommend it for any of you lovelies that may be having trouble nodding off. Have a great day and night everyone, will catch up tomorrow xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning y'all! Congrats to all of the milestones! Great Job!

I have the next five days off! Thank goodness. I have been moody as hell, and tired like crazy. Everything hurts and when I finally get off to sleep, my dreams are off the chain! Last night I dreamed that I had a drink and everything was ruined. I have dreamed twice in the last 3 days that our dog we had to put down last year is alive, and that I keep losing my animals and can't find them. Boo. Boo. Boo!

Other than that things are great ! Lol.....

Day 11 and I am a grump monster

Hope y'all have a great day
                              Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                              -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all hope everything is well..

I have to bolt to work so no time for a thoughtful post.

Byrdie Late congrats on the 1k day I was going to do something special but it will have to wait till I get home. I also missed my 30th birthday :H I wasnt really counting but I saw Dryers post in the rollcall and saw he posted 30. Day late on you too Dryer Good Job !

Anyways I will be back later with time tonight to really dig in here :thanks:

Wishing everyone a great thruster day for the weekend .. prime up for an AF one folks..

PS. Cat .. I had a few of those drinking dreams ..they were crazy vivid with all the feelings and everything .. what a trip.
                                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                                AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Working...
                                X