Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rahul I am glad to see you still hanging in there and giving it hell. You too Elvis. This is not easy but it can be done.
    Everyone is sounding so good. Sorry I have been mia the past week. I really have had problems getting data time.
    I have big news here. Not so sure it's good news. Apparently hubby's daughter is coming to live with us with her boyfriend and dog. She has had a huge drug problem (heroin) in the past. Since she lives so far away and has isolated herself from family I am not sure how that is. I know she hasn't gotten help and boyfriend does drugs also. I don't know if I am ready for this stress. Please send strong vibes my way friends. I am scared. Hubby is still struggling. He is 60 days next week for drinking and 30 days for his drug problem.
    Our family is a mess. So sorry to look like total waste cases.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

CONGRATS to the 30 & 40 AF day achievers
      Byrdie, when is your big 1000 days?

LB, I will certainly be sending you strength little friend!
      Is there anyway possible for you to go talk to a counselor before they all arrive? It would be great if you were armed with a solid plan to help prevent your lives from unraveling when your guests arrive. You & your husband have both worked so hard to get to where you are today. Both of you need to protect your quits :l
      I am quite sure I would lay down the law & make it clear that your home has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for alcohol & drugs.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday! Rain & chilly weather here - oh well.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat Belle;1566592 wrote: Morning y'all! Congrats to all of the milestones! Great Job!

I have the next five days off! Thank goodness. I have been moody as hell, and tired like crazy. Everything hurts and when I finally get off to sleep, my dreams are off the chain! Last night I dreamed that I had a drink and everything was ruined. I have dreamed twice in the last 3 days that our dog we had to put down last year is alive, and that I keep losing my animals and can't find them. Boo. Boo. Boo!

Other than that things are great ! Lol.....

Day 11 and I am a grump monster

Hope y'all have a great day
        Cat; Hang in there. We will go through these periods from time to time (see my thread on PAWS) the good news is that these times passs and we can look forward to fewer and fewer down days as we move forward in our recovery. I have had the same kind of days and the same kind of dreams. Glad to know its normal and part of our recovery. Treat yourself to something special...maybe a massage or a visit to the spa. For me its a signal to get out the fishing rod and drown a few worms. Take comfort that you are doing fantastic otherwise and at least your not waking up to a hangover.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Lav. My house has a zero tolerance policy and that has been stated but will need to be reinforced I am sure. I have a rock solid plan. It may sound selfish but me first. I will go stay with daughter if things get screwy. And Hubby has promised to really step up and be the adult. A really big thing for him. Just why would someone who does not like me want to come live in my house? Ugh! I have been the enemy for most of that girl's life. But she is an adult now and so am I. We will have to get past that right?
          It is happening so fast. We are meeting 1/2 way Saturday to pick her up.
          Thanks for listening guys. I love this place. A problem shared is a problem halved.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the responses. You are all right, right now what I'm going through sucks, and I have a choice. I can and will defeat alcohol. I will get better. Yesterday was my last Day One. Today I'm back at work. Trying to keep energy level up and getting through today minute by minute.

Thanks for reading and thanks for caring.
            11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job all the 30's & 40's. Great accomplishments...Everyone else hang in there we are ALL doing great!!
              Off to get my hair cut...driving me nuts right now...
              Back later,
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

noodle;1566568 wrote: Just a super dooper quick check in - all good - end of Day 4 for me - feeling sweet! Kailey - are you still here my friend? Hope all is good with you, and everyone else xxx Hitting the sack with a mug of Sleepy Tea - anyone tried that stuff?? It's knock out juice - didn't know herbals (legal lols) could be so powerful!! Anyways - can deffo recommend it for any of you lovelies that may be having trouble nodding off. Have a great day and night everyone, will catch up tomorrow xxx
                Still here! At work and no time to post now, but YES! Still on track! So happy!
                You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel too shamed of myself to post. Whatever it takes, don't drink.
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1566684 wrote: I feel too shamed of myself to post. Whatever it takes, don't drink.
                    Don't be ashamed, and don't be ashamed to post. We need to post and share how we are feeling, good and bad. When I don't post or I don't share my feeling with someone I trust, that is when I struggle. You know what we do here, we pick ourselves up and start Day One again.
                    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Devil devil devil! Baby in bed. And I had no dinner prepared for me as hubby is out tonight. I had to stop myself thinking of getting a drink! I thought of you available an lifechange. And how I would be letting you down. The though if coming here and saying I in back in day one was too much to bear. Thankfully a big sandwich and two packets of crisps later.... I feel better! Phew!
                      Off to clean up and then will catch up on posts xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats d40 available and lifechange!
                        Available- I hear you on the mood swings! What's going on? Is this some other AL free symptom?
                        Byrdie- 5 more days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here again on day 9 and feeling great. Amazing how many emotions I've been through this last week. Am I bi polar or am I just learning .... Lol. Well today I'm feeling amazing and pretty optimistic. Let's stick with it!! Chin up all & great job no matter where you are in your AF journey :h
                          :yougo:10/2/2013:yougo:

The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart, this you will build your life by, and this you will become.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so tired and ready to fall into bed, so I will have to catch up with you all tomorrow early morning!

BHalo, I'm thinking about you:l You know you can turn this around and get right back into the game--we're all here for you!

Hang in there everyone! Sometimes we have to fight hard-- but it's so worth it-Let us not forget the truth of how it was!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Min thanks for the congrats but congrats to you also. The team is doing strong and like you I dont want to let you guys down.

Bloody mood swings, gees, could kill at the moment. Dont know why, am i depressed, i dont know (as i have been known to suffer from depression). I think i am feeling overwhelmed with all the family things happening and how I am going to cope. I know it wont be through AL. I had such a horrible dream that i was getting ready for the wedding and I was blind drunk and could not go so i am thinking I am a bit stressed over it all.

Im still on here Min and staying strong but I know it is so easy to fall and i really want to hang with you guys for a long time.

Thank god it is Friday is all I can say as its been a long week.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey LC keep going and congrats on the big 40. God i wish i was 40 again lol.

I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday, wishing it was Sunday and found it was only Friday. Have that bone tiredness again. Wish this body would heal itself quicker but i suppose when you have put shit into it for 15+ years it is not going to do that straight away.

Sleep well friend x
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X