Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Howdies and good afternoon ..

Man am I tired and forgetful lately lol. I forgot about my vid rental ( got to go to the store now ). Im out of yogurt Damn !..another store. I forgot to stop by the bank and put some cash in there to cover an automated bill .. yup bank time too. I forgot that Byrdies 1k day was the 15th and not the 9th ( that was mine but at least I have time to prep for the suprize ). My keyboard keys are sticking bad .. I tried to clean them at lunch but still kinda wonky so I might go get another one. ( which is too bad because I Love this thing that Ive had for 15 years ).

Basically I cant wait till the weekend :H

So Im off doing errands and probably add the gas station to that mix while Im at it

Good day though..got lots more done and the boss is extremely happy. I did see this guy on his boat having a suds and it really didnt affect me ( They normally ask if I want one but this guy was kinda stingy )

Peace and see you soon.
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gambler, on behalf of everyone in the Newbies' Nest, let me take this opportunity to present you with this major award!!

:goodtime:

Gosh, I can't believe it has been 30 days! You really made it look easy. Do you have any wise words for our NEW Newbie's? What worked, what didn't? Did you ever think in 100 years you'd be giving advice in a forum on how NOT to drink???? Life is funny that way. GREAT JOB! Keep it going and you will NEVER regret it! Hats off to the Gam Man!
      Signed,
      Gam Fans
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big Congratulations on 30 days Gambler, feels good doesnt it when a whole month without AL is achievable and possible and feels bloody great.

Brydie i wish i could do cute emicons (probably cant even spell the word right lol). I will learn, might take me a few hundred days but i will learn
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

available, they are just down the side of my screen....as you may know, mine have been locking up lately, so I have the recipe for them. Do you click on the POST REPLY down at the bottom left? They just appear to the right side....there is also a link [more] that has pages of them. You can do it!!
          Keep your plan strong this weekend! Plan to succeed and you will do it! Keep checking in with us! We also want photos!!! We'll be thinking of you....don't let anyone talk you into giving up your quit! NOTHING is worth it. Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave congratulations on 30 days.!! Yeah you Have come a long way. Keep up the good work.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1566684 wrote: I feel too shamed of myself to post. Whatever it takes, don't drink.
              Oh broken halo please try to forgive yourself. You know it's the only way to move forward. What happened? We are here to help.

little beagle;1566602 wrote:
              Rahul I am glad to see you still hanging in there and giving it hell. You too Elvis. This is not easy but it can be done.
              Everyone is sounding so good. Sorry I have been mia the past week. I really have had problems getting data time.
              I have big news here. Not so sure it's good news. Apparently hubby's daughter is coming to live with us with her boyfriend and dog. She has had a huge drug problem (heroin) in the past. Since she lives so far away and has isolated herself from family I am not sure how that is. I know she hasn't gotten help and boyfriend does drugs also. I don't know if I am ready for this stress. Please send strong vibes my way friends. I am scared. Hubby is still struggling. He is 60 days next week for drinking and 30 days for his drug problem.
              Our family is a mess. So sorry to look like total waste cases.
              little beagle I admire your generosity. I am glad you have a plan worked out that involves protecting yourself. Do you have a length of time in mind? Will this be temporary while she finds a job and apartment?

I don't have any big news. I am off for four days (it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada) and we're planning a final camping trip while the weather is nice. I love camping AF. Actually I love everything AF!

Hope you all have your weekend plans in place?
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Argh! Hanging in there, but I still have trouble when I get home from work. Patiently waiting for the urge to go away. I hope they ease up one of these days because I can't imagine fighting them off very night. On the other hand, I am loving life all the rest of the day, so it's a trade off I can live with.

I love going to bed sober, getting a great nights sleep and then waking up feeling great. I think I'm looking better, too! My face has a refreshed look I haven't seen in a while. Hang in there, everyone! This is one cool adventure we are on!
                You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you guys for Everything !

I just got done eating dinner and some yogurt . Now Im going for the ice cream and to finish up my movie ( After Earth .. not bad so far ).

Im really too tired to do any justice to such a warm congratulatory reception so I must wait until tomorrow after work. I can say one thing though right now. I truly do not believe I could have done this without you guys. Just being able to express how I feel and recognize others in how they feel has given me something that has made things the way they are. I cant put it into words right now probably because Im to tired..and then there are some things that just cant be said..only felt. :h

Kailey, I cant say for sure how long your urges will continue like this but I do know that soon they will be subdued with other feelings and the elation of sobriety will make them less important. My urges have been overwhelmed with other emotions that I dont know if I even have them much anymore or just dont pay attention to them. Hang in there .. things get much much better in so many different ways :l

I really have to hit the sack my peeps ... With much love ~ Gambler
                  Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                  AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kailey I ate my way through the first month LOL nothing like chocolate, ice cream and sweets to get you through (shhhh don't tell NS)
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I heard that :H!

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL you have ears everywhere!:H
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

It's a bit late for me but U didn't want to miss saying CONGRATS Dave for 30 AF days :wd:
                          Remember this great feeling, always protect your quit, not just for you but for your boys as well

Kailey, just take it one day at a time. I promise you will soon wonder why it took you so long to get around to quitting (I did). Keep your thought positive & keep moving forward.

BH, I'm sorry you decided to drink. It happens but you need to keep trying, you'll get it right if you just keep trying.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Dave on one month af! So great to be clear headed and feeling in control isn't it? Now keep it going ya hear? :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done there Dave. A big congrats!!
                              Sam
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone, wow some great days clocking up here - what an inspiration! :h
                                Elvis & BH, you are in such good company, and a huge congrats for jumping straight back on the wagon, I wished I'd have had the strength and will to do that so quickly, not 6 months / a year down that path again. Little Beagle, I'm thinking of your family, you sound as though you are preparing yourself and family as much as possible, I truely hope it isn't as stressfull as you are imagining, and that maybe some good will come from it all - you never know. Kailey, so glad you are hanging strong, yes I noticed an improvement in my skin today, could be because I've managed to wash my make-up off and brush my teeth every night this week - I know terrible :H.
                                Just had a complete blow out - I reckon about 2000 cals of food, crisps and chocolate have hit my stomach this evening, whilst consuming about 2 litres of tonic water - lols, I look as though I am about to deliver! Oh well, if the rain here ever stops, I've promised my pooch a very long walk tomorrow. End of day 5 for me, and pretty chuffed with myself. This will be my first sober weekend for about 9 months / a year (?) too drunk to remember (not now - then). Those 'lil cravings started this afternoon, which I knew they would be cropping up any time soon, and I'm sure I've not seen the best of them yet, for a long shot. Just did the usuals, kept myself busy, and bought some mega strong menthol cough lozengers - I don't know why but inhaling all that menthol so it burns my throat and stomach, seems to do the trick! Must be reminisant of that alcohol burn, without all the crap - and nice breath afterwards! Anyway, off to bed, with my knock out tea, hot water bottle and my Martina Cole book - I know the Rock 'n' Roll lifestyle I've got. Wishing everyone a lovely sober weekend, see ya soon xx:l

Comment

Working...
                                X