Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Huge congrats Kailey on 7 AF days and to roon on 30 AF days...you should be so proud of yourselves!!
    Beautiful day today..I need to get back on the exercise wagon. I would have thought that over a month without AL I would have lost at least 50 pounds or more...NOT...so I will pick something to do.
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for all of your posts, sharing your journeys helps me to hang on. I'm still drinking and I'm still here.
      10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Kailey!

I just got home from dropping my wife off at the airport. She's going away for the week. I miss her so much, she's my rock. However, I will fly out later in the week and meet up with her.

Normally a week without anyone but me and the cats in the house would be a no-brainer for a week long binge, but that's exactly what it would be, a no-brainer, as in me not using my brain. This week I will not drink. I promised myself that, and I promised her that. The way home from the airport takes me past several local liquor stores, I know where they all are, but as I drove past each one I told myself not to stop, and I didn't.

Have a great day everyone!
        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

What I meant to say is that I've got plans tonight for a session with my friends. We say we're going out to dinner and getting together, but the truth is, we are all just going to get drunk again and eating is secondary. I know I want to do a 30 day AF to get my head clear - I need to do that. The excuses - I can't cancel tonight, next week is my birthday and of course we'll "celebrate", and then our friend will be in town and we celebrate and go to see more friends and celebrate and then it's Thanksgiving and . . . I'm thinking the "celebrations" are not fun and are actually "drunken binges". I'm not going to go away, I'm going to keep coming back and reading and posting and I am going to do a 30 day. I'm beginning to tell the truth that drinking is painful and not the fun celebration I regard it as. Yet . . .
          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1567202 wrote: I'm strong are you ready to take control again? For today, for tonight? Will you wake up tomorrow feeling proud of getting through the day AF? You know the drill, put one foot forward and start walking the talk.
            I'm sorry, I'm just not ready yet. I feel like I'm letting you all down. I will be ready.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kailey, congrats! Dave, I think one of the reasons I failed was that I didn't post how I was feeling here. I won't make that mistake again in a hurry! Thanks for all the love and support over the last few days guys. I won't let myself or you guys down again:l
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popped in to say hello.
                New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to Dave and Kailey, I always read newbies nest but never know how to start posting in it, so this is a start, x
                  New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey DD! Good to see you here--Sometimes it's daunting, 'cause everything moves so fast-- but I think it's just important to post each and every day, several times a day, if that helps. There are people here almost all the time--and usually someone can connect with what you're saying or going through. How are you? Do you have any specific goals right now? If you feel like it,let us know a bit about you...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just popping over to join in. Day 2 here...rough going, but I WILL survive. Feeling better by the minute, literally. Anxiety is down from this morning, am able to eat and hold down fluids. Getting there..
                      AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good hour Nesters

Big congrats on the 7 day Kailey ! I cant wait for your 30 day speech

C-Dev thanks bud. I will take a look at my past posts just for you man. Oh by the way your ears look real red in your lovebird pic over in your thread .. blushing much lol

Will do Byrdie and thanks again everyone.

I just got done with my weekend cleaning and shopping and now I have to get ready for my oldest sons B-day party. Its not his Bday but they are celebrating it today for some reason but He still gets his real party with me on tuesday.

I got to get out of the house on this wonderful Michigan day or I will regret it lol.

Wishing everyone the best AF Saturday possible

Dave
                        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1567731 wrote:
                          C-Dev thanks bud. I will take a look at my past posts just for you man. Oh by the way your ears look real red in your lovebird pic over in your thread .. blushing much lol
                          What can I say? The girl does odd things to me.

I was actually hoping nobody would catch that, but it appears your Jason Bourne styled intuition skills smoked me out
                          In the immortal words of Socrates " I just drank what ? "

AF since August 18, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's quiet in the Nest this (my)evening!-
                            I'm exhausted at 10 to 10, so I'm going to say goodnight--
                            Have a great rest-of-the-day wherever you are! and I'll see you tomorrow...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon, Gettingitright and DarkestD!!! Welcome! It can get rather quiet here on weekends, so be patient, we really rock and roll during the week! Day 2 is huge! It's twice as big an accomplishment as Day 1. There just is no harder day than the first! You have made a huge step forward. I hope you will spend some time in the Tool Box and read the 100's of tips and coping skills that 7 years' experience has compiled. Link is in my signature line. We are so glad you and DD are joining us, we have folks in all stages of quitting! Be sure to keep your belly full and stay hydrated! We are so glad you're here! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for the welcome, I now feel a renewed sense of determination, I deserve a lovely sober life , will come on here a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X