Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I still have very little appetite. Argh. And still have gas problems - gas that doesn't like to pass. I'm not sure if it's just going to take time or is it this bp medication?

I hate not knowing.

Any thoughts anyone?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clickers....I haven't heard of anyone having, um, 'GI distress' having gone AF. I actually have ulcerative colitis, and it has improved being AF. My gastroenterologist says whenever something funky is going on, always look to the meds first. I have had some real doozy side effects over the years. Be sure to drink plenty of water...that should help with motility! I have never seen any nesters explode yet...I hope your distress passes!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning nesters,

just a quick check in to express my gratitude on this wonderful thanksgiving weekend in canada....i am truly blessed with all that surrounds me.....90 DAYS af feels wonderful....i know i can do this....feeling hopeful AND wishing everyone a wonderful Monday...
        You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
          I think fall has arrived...49 this morning...bbbbrrrrr
          Plan to stay in today and catch up on laundry and chores.
          Day 44 for me and it is only 1 day away from my longest AF time in I cant remember when...It feels good and scary at the same time..think you all need to duck tape me to the nest so I cant wander off. I do feel stronger this time..no clue why but I know I cant go back to the way it was. I was not enjoying the wine or the after affects. Sick and tired of being sick and tired maybe, I don't know, just know I am so grateful to have found you ALL!!!
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling so sick and need to be in work shortly. Hate feeling like this! And hate sounding like a whiny ass.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Also, sorry to be posting so much today, does anyone else find that drinking closes them off to the world? Emotionally. I really get closed off the more I drink.

After 4 weeks of not drinking, I am such a different person in social situations.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner, can you maybe pull a sickie? Sounds like you need to look after yourself. And stop posting and we'll hunt you down! You are not a whiny ass, this is what this place is for! :l:l
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Londoner

It is a very isolating condition.

I don't know if you remember, but you and I sort of hung out here one day - a Saturday day for me and night for you.

It seems that the times you've decided to drink on a Sat. p.m., you've been pretty much AWOL from here.

Perhaps part of your plan could be to stay online during the day and evening on Saturday. You'll feel less alone and you'll keep the few others here company. I was really glad you were around the day you and I went back and forth a few times. Weekends are slow on MWO but sometimes, that is when we need the most help!

So... you could be Nest Director on Saturdays :H !

I hope you feel stronger soon and ready to lick this once and for all.

Take care of yourself, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm having a really rough day. Not sure what has snapped, but I want that beer so much - but I'm holding strong. Jumpy - anxious -bummed out - tummy feels lousy. This is a hell of a fight. I haven't given in yet, but I am hanging by a thread. The only thing stopping me is the absolute knowledge that I will not stop at one..or three...or four...

Please send energy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clicket hold my hand........U can do this!! :l
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clicket, that knowledge is what separates what it is we all share here, we don't drink a beer.... we just don't. We drink many beers. Hang on to that thread. It will soon be a stout rope.
                        Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Clicket, hope you really start to feel better soon and yes Londoner drinking did always make me feel isolated from the world. Even when I drank with others the next day the sense of isolation would be extreme! lots of love to all.... the support here is fab!
                          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hallo all
                            I've been lurking here for so long that you seem like friends already - I look forward to my stay in the nest.

Well, today was Day 1, and things went very well. Lots of water, lots of reading here. Had a coffee outside at sundown, and I can't say that I missed the wine too much (yay for the power of good intentions). I know that this does not mean much, but a good start is a good start.

Talk to you all tomorrow - stay well
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo1568774 wrote: I know that this does not mean much, but a good start is a good start.
                              l

Welcome, Do
                              (That's the stage you're on, right :H).

Day 1 means everything and in many ways, it is the hardest day of all and you are done with it!!

Since you've been lurking, you probably know that many if not most of us think that active participation is critical - glad you've decided to jump on in! The nest is a great place to hang out for encouragement, comraderie, and the occasional push.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is anybody around for the chat room? I could really use help right about now.

Comment

Working...
                                X