X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Checking in, Struggling,
    Congrats Byrdie on 1000 days, awsome.
    Dave, or Gambler with a capital G, congrats on your success.
    LB, Thinking of you hope all's well with the new visitors.
    I haven't read through the last 5 days of posts, so forgive me for missing things. I'll get back through them soon.
    lots of milestones from what I can see at a glance, congrats all.
    BH, hope you're feeling stronger.
    Those who are fighting it like me, keep on keeping on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Byrdie
      I wanted to give you 143 :moon:, but I can only use 6 images per message. Damn, surely the programme can make an exception, just this once?
      So, please imagine :moon: x 143. Not quite so impressive, but still

You are such an inspiration to all!
      THANKS THANKS THANKS
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone; going to give sobriety a chance, so today is my starting point. I have been here before but this has been my biggest fall back into drinking in 3 years. I am at the point where the hangovers don't seem to exist, which I know is bad because my body has got used to alcohol again. My face and skin are telling the tale!
        Bear with me while I get to know you all and read back.
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters and welcome to Birdies 1k Inspirational AF Day !!!

LadyByrde .. on behalf of my sons ..

" Hello birdlaby hows r u? wE wood like to thank you very berry much for helping our Dad not to drinking any more. We have so much fun to gether now that he dos not drink Beer. We wood give you 1000 hugs :l if you where here but sinse you are far away we can only blow you 1000 kisses :lipstick:. Our dad is so much fun to be arond and to do things with and he plays and dos more things with us. he is also a good cook. We have go to school but we aprec..appresia.. Thank You ! "

So there you go my lovely Byrdie..I would have thanked you myself but I thought it would be better coming from my children. I think you already know how much I appreciate your love and support and since there is nothing more dear to me than the little hugs and kisses I get from me boys I would like you to have a few from them Watch out the little one is strong so brace for it ..

~ Dave and Boys
          Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
          AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1569024 wrote: Hi everyone; going to give sobriety a chance, so today is my starting point. I have been here before but this has been my biggest fall back into drinking in 3 years. I am at the point where the hangovers don't seem to exist, which I know is bad because my body has got used to alcohol again. My face and skin are telling the tale!
            Bear with me while I get to know you all and read back.
            This morning, my day 2, I've gone thru the night sweats again and know more are coming as I release the AL. This is it this time. I could not say that before. This is truly it - I've had it with AL.
            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Multiply those five hearts by 200 for a whopping 1000 hearts! Byrdie, these are all for you. Congratulations on your 1000 days sober! And thank you so much for all you do in the nest. You are truly an inspiration to us all.

The world needs more compassionate people like you!

:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - you have been in the nest for me all these past few years - surprisingly it has been years. Everytime I came back you are here, and still here for us all. Thank you, thank you than you - and that isn't enough. Your 1000 days are the start of my new beginnings. I'm done with alcohol - I've really had enough. My 'birthday' is this week - let us see what the next 59 years will be like without alcohol. Words are not enough to thank you.
                10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah Byrdie you are awesome!:wave:
                  Hubby and I both agree that al would make things much harder dealing with our new circumstances. Two new kids in the house is a huge challenge. We both need all of our energy and brain power to get through right now.
                  Thankfully mwo is here and we are af.
                  Everything going alright for now. We are all just getting to know each other. Odaat.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters

I'm actually seeing some sunshine here in my part of the nest for a change, yay!

Byrdie, I hope you have a peaceful & wonderful day today. Know that you are much loved here & elsewhere. Congrats on your 1000 fabulous AF days!!!

I can't believe it's been so long since we mentioned the butt Velcro & seat belts supplied for safety around here :H
                    Make sure you buckle up & hang on for a safe ride!!

Daisy, what happened? Glad you are back & beginning again. Are you ready to accept that you just cannot control AL?
                    It's just plain easier & smarter to walk away from AL forever & never look back.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Saying Hello and hope that you'll have me in the nest?
                      Day 1 for me today.
                      I will try and read as much as possible, but need to blitz my bathroom and bedroom before the children get home!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there. I'm new too. Haven't got all my supplements and CDs etc yet but planning to start at the weekend. Been reading about the programme for the past few days and it sounds really great.

Comment

Newbies Nest

BYRDIE!!:h I am so happy and proud to be part of your 1000 day celebration! You have helped so many of us with your wise words and your shining example of WHAT IS POSSIBLE-- thank you so much. Having you and the other people here in my life is such a sweet reward --

So many new faces since Sunday!

I'mstrong, I'm very happy to see that you're giving it another full-on GO! And what better time to start than now? I don't know why we have to prove it to ourselves a thousand times that we can't drink?-- but it seems that's the way it goes. Now it's thank god, I don't have to drink. It is so much easier now that I've given up the "romantic" lie!

Hey Londoner, I'm also really glad to hear your new plan. I am often here on Friday and Sat. evenings-- and we're almost the same time zone. You can PM me any time-- I'm usually checking in much more often than I did yesterday! I found the first month (and actually still) it was easier to just say no to events where AL was around. I think it's probably more difficult for you, 'cause you're much younger-- I do understand that. But you are so lucky to not only know what the problem is, but have the courage to conquer it. I really admire you!

Kailey, you're sounding super! You, too, Noodle-- Good on you both! Coming up close to 14 days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm not done yet!!

WELCOME to Olgada and Rosie:welcome:.. Great to have you here. This Nest is such a cosy place, full of warm -hearted and wise souls. You've by now certainly heard about the Butt-velcro and seat belts (SO funny Lav!) too help keep you safe. post, post, post! Head to the Toolbox!

Clicket, how are you today? I hope you have an easier one today. I'm glad Nosugar and Londoner were there to chat you up! I'd love to try out the chat sometime-- never have before.

LBeagle, you are really in my thoughts-- I hope you are doing alright with all the new family members and adjustments that have to be made. I can really shut the f*** up with my diddley step-kid problems. I'm actually really lucky thus far. big hugs to you.

Cat, speaking of!, I unfortunately don't have any good kid-step kid advice. Mine are still young enough to have a bit of a hold on. I am a bit worried about the future, but I try not to spend too much time worrying about it. How are you holding up? The one thing we all know, is that even though for a split second it might sound like a good idea/way to relax, a drink will never help us out. big hugs to you, too!

Avail! I'm glad you had a good time at the Hen's night-- I'm so looking forward to seeing photos of you and your daughters! Get some tech-help, girlfriend!

Ican! Stick with us, I say! We miss you when you're not around- Do you have a plan now? Wanna share it?
                            BHalo, you're sounding so positive-- It's great that you've found so many supportive people in the flesh. --I think that can be so helpful--I'm very happy for you.

DD, glad to see you, too! and Sam and Dottie-and Roonie and Gambler and Mr Vervill, 3June and Kdog! and Welcome back Daisy! and Welcome Do!DO! I want to get everyone in because you all mean so much to me--if I've missed someone, xo

I love it when the Nest is full and everyone is working hard for this alternative, wonderful lifestyle--

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow...thank you all for those wonderful accolades!!! Dave, out of the mouths of babes...gosh, that one really got me. The power of this addiction is something else. How can a substance do so much damage? Mindboggling. I appreciate everyone so much, there are no words to express my appreciation for Lav. Thank you for believing in me! That woman is a saint in my mind. Zero Tolerance is her mantra, and go figure, it works!!! She was RIGHT after all! It only took me 1000 days to figure that out!!! I owe so much to her dedication. Thank you, dear lady.
                              I am so grateful for this place and the people in it. We all have a story and we learn from each other. All I can say is do whatever it takes to get, and STAY, sober. It is worth it!
                              Welcome aboard, OP and Rosie!! Settle in and tell us what has brought you by! I can't imagine a story we haven't seen/heard/DONE!!! We are so glad you're here!
                              Welcome back Daisy!!! GREAT to see you, and ICAN!! Hang on nesters, there is strength in numbers!! Thank you ALL for being here!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

NS, Kailey, thanks for the warm welcome - looking forward to this journey with you.

It's good to see so many other new faces in the Nest here with me - Olga, Rosie, Strong.

Daisey, Ican: I've done a lot of backreading in the Nest, and I remember your stories. I admire your strength in coming back and simply not giving up. That shows a lot of character!!

Day 2 is far from over - it's 16:15 here, but I'm confident about the rest of it. By now I would have been thinking about sitting outside, glass in hand, looking at the mountains, but the wind is blowing quite strong, so I'm going to settle inside for a coffee. Bought some honeybush tea with berries last week, but haven't tried it yet. OK, just back from the kitchen, tea it is. Smells good, but it needs some honey, which I know I don't have in the pantry. Will see if I can get some local honey at the farm stall tomorrow.

Everybody else: stay AF!
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X