Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
    Day 45 for me and that is my personal best AF streak that I can remember..sad but true...I am happy and grateful for all the support I get here.
    Off to yoga then the dentist...
    Back later,
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1568940 wrote: Well Ill be damned..you have to charge things with batteries :H . Funny thing is I am extremely adept at electronics ..
      Yes, we can tell! :H

Hello Nesters!

Welcome to all the newbies! We used to mention the butt velcro daily, but I guess it has been a while huh? I say velcro, staple, glue, tape or weld your butt into the Nest...no falling out, you hear? That's when the trouble starts to brew!

Happy day 1,000 Byrdie! You hardly look a day over 900 :H You are a blessing and gift to the Nest. I absolutely LOVE you. Can I be you when I grow up? :h

Stick close everyone. We can do this, together!

It's been a while since I've stated the obvious, so here goes:

-A craving will never last as long as a hangover; and
      -You'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before

Stay strong peeps!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

why is it that it has taken the possibility of my husband walking out to make me take alcoholism seriously?
        It has been all words to this point, I will, I should, I can but I haven't and now he may be walking out.
        There is nothing I can do or say that will change things. I have said it all but not backed it up with action.
        I am sick, ashamed, sad and don't know what to do. I don't know if I can even get through this one day. Not the risk of drinking but the strength to survive. My husband is gone for 2 weeks so life is in limbo until then.
        If we split now he will never believe that I can become AF.
        :hitme:
        Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

This morning I asked my husband if he'd be angrier if I drank the 2 open bottles of wine, or threw them out. He started with the "self control and moderation" saga that we all have told ourselves. Going to have a longer serious conversation tonight. Took me this long to get honest with myself. I can't expect him to come to terms overnight. Didn't see anything on mwo recommemded readings or the al-anon site. We'll have to wing it. I'll have to remind him that I've been trying to moderate for ?5? years and it isn't going to happen because it isn't a CHOICE once I have ONE. I'm at work and shouldn't be online. Needed to share that, I love my husband. He's coming with me on this journey.
          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Is anyone here? I can't make it through this day without you. I am falling apart, desperate. Please help

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Mimi

I'm here. You CAN do this. I promise. NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi

Byrdlady, who is celebrating 1000 AF days today, had her final day 1 the day after her husband left (edit to add: they are still together!)

You could go look at some of here posts - she is generous enough to share her tough story often in the Nest. If you read her story, it will give you hope. This beast can be beat if you are willing to do what it takes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Funny thing is I know I can stop drinking but I don't know if I can get through this day. I'm not looking for sympathy, I just needed that I'm lost right now and alone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good - you can stop drinking --- starting right now and through this day until you finish day one.

The nest will get busier as the day goes on. Stick around, read, post when you want...

You aren't alone, Mimi. Of course this is a virtual meeting place but the people are real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mimi
                      what is it that is making you feel so alone? Pinpoint that and deal with that rather than thinking that booze will deal with it for you. All that does is mask whatever it is. It could be that"it" knows you're trying to stop, thus giving every reason not to. Who's in control here, you or it? My bets are on you!
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

A rough Day 7 for me. Physically, I'm feeling fine, just a little tired. Still trying to wrap my head around the fallout from my last binge. My wife is still mad at me for what I did last week. She says it will take time. Fair enough, I need to prove myself by action not words.

I'm glad I have this place to come to.
                        11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mimi, Glad to have you here with us-- are you still reading? How are you feeling now? I will be around for the next 2-3 hours, if you want to talk. Hang in there:l.

ELVIS! very well done on 7 days!:goodjob: It will take time for your wife to forgive and then trust you again. Most of us have to deal with the fact that we've deeply hurt people we love. I think my boyfriend is hopeful and he really WANTS to believe me, but to earn back the full trust will take more "proof" on my part! Which is ok-- You're doing a GREAT job--

Have to put the girls to bed and then I'll be back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi,
                            Nice to meet you and so glad you're here. :welcome: This is a good site with lots of folks at the ready to help. Can you tell us a little more about your situation? Are you experiencing withdrawal right now? And, as Sam asked - why are you feeling so alone? What other support do you have in place? Others on this site utilize friends, family, AA, counselors, along with MWO.

My husband too said he would leave if I didn't quit drinking. I hit a rock bottom with no where else to go but to quit. Didn't realize just how bad I was actually until this rock bottom night. You can do it - we'll help you be strong.

Anyway - we're here to help and to listen if you want to share more. No judging because we've all been in the same place. Go easy on yourself - this is hard - but it will eventually get easier. First week is particularly rough with emotions in high gear.
                            :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi Sanchez! xpost!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Day 3 was exhausting due my sleepless night last night, but I expected that. I dragged myself out to get my hair done anyway, and went to another meeting with the original group I went to on Sunday. I really like them.

Welcome Mimi, I am sorry about you and your husband. It's a simple choice hun, him, or drinking. You are going to have to work at getting AL free, but it will be worth it!

Hi NS, Sam, Elvis, LC, Sanchez and everyone. It's nice to see the nest out in force to support a new fledgling! :l
                                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
                                X