Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
    Dreamdo- I made the same thing last night and thought of some vino in the sauce! Like you I ignored the thought and went about my way!
    Olgada- hello and welcome! D3 already! You're almost ready for a moon!
    Off to work and entertain my 2.5 at the same time...
    Have a lovely day all. I'll repost later this evening :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters

olga, hello, don't think we've met. ODAT is the way to go, especially when starting out. Tell yourself you won't drink today and believe it. And just don't pick up that first glass. We are all rooting for you.

morning LC, DTD.

LB, thinking about you, congrats to your man on 60 days, you must be so proud of him! I hope everything is going okay with the new family :l

Mr V, it's always lovely to see you and that colourful avatar always makes me smile

Day 4 for me and I feel MUCH better. Slept much better last night, my appetite is good (almost too good, I think my tummy is making up for lost time!) and mentally I feel much brighter and very hopeful.

Some familiar faces have been missing for a while, can we have a Nest check in please?

Hope everyone has a fab hump day!
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi BH i am checking in as requested lol. MWO is never off my PC but been extra busy with wedding activities and fam and work and men lol.

All going well here and feeling pretty happy with life though ask me next week when mum arrives. Cant wait to pick her up from the airport but just the prospect of her staying for months is daunting but she looked after me so my turn oh and she cooks so that is a bonus.

Lots of newbies around which is always good to see and as we rack up the days it is a great feeling and can contribute some words of wisdom now.

LC i had no idea what MAE was either. Now i do.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping strong.

x
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

OlgadaPolga;1569503 wrote: I'm very new here and not sure what I should be doing, to be honest. Do i need to get every part of the programme for it to work? I am worried about the cost of the CDs (although i know not drinking will save me loads of money!) and also worried about medication SEs. Both Topamax and Baclofen sound quite scary.

Mind you, my life with alcohol has got quite scary at times so I may be getting this out of proportion! Can anyone advise?

I haven't had a drink since Sunday evening - and haven't yet started the supplements or CDs or anything. Just been telling myself 'I won't drink today'.

Olg,
          welcome aboard! You've done the best thing you could do, stop drinking. My advice is that if you can stop without the medications, do so. If not, then by all means, use the meds. There are many here that do use the meds. One important adjustment in your upcoming days is the reset your habits, find things to take the place of drinking. Think of the wonderment of how good it feels to be sober, instead of what you're missing. Embrace the sober moments! When the urge comes, check in here. There lots of folks that will support. In the general discussions group, there is a skype session daily, I think.
          I know you can do it, you're doing great!

Sam

ps: just a suggestion: change I won't drink to I don't drink
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
            Early doors for me today, hitting the road today!
            Olga, MWO is a huge mixture of folks! Some do follow the meds route and you will find them on some other threads talking about their doses and such. Many, however, simply use MWO as a support forum, and some do the suppliments and CD's. Just from my observations, the folks who use the suppliments and CD's seem to have an edge to the ones who just white knuckle it (like I did). I was concerned about the charges showing up on my credit card for hubs to see....(as if I was hiding the fact that I was an alkie!) But I have heard nothing but good things about the CD's as well as the Kudzu, L-Glutamine and some of the other supplements. This is just my opinion, so that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee! If I had to do it again (and I won't!!) I would certainly give the supplements and hypnosis CD's a try.

Have a great day everyone!!! Thank you so much for my party!!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

OlgadaPolga;1569503 wrote: I'm very new here and not sure what I should be doing, to be honest. Do i need to get every part of the programme for it to work? I am worried about the cost of the CDs (although i know not drinking will save me loads of money!) and also worried about medication SEs. Both Topamax and Baclofen sound quite scary.

Mind you, my life with alcohol has got quite scary at times so I may be getting this out of proportion! Can anyone advise?

I haven't had a drink since Sunday evening - and haven't yet started the supplements or CDs or anything. Just been telling myself 'I won't drink today'.
              Olga
              You have all you need in this moment. I am not going to drink today. Eat healthy. Drink lots of water. Rest and stay in the nest. Read the posts - try to find Byrdie posts from when she was a newbie. First time I joined I had the supplements, bought topa online from India (without a doctor) and listened to the CDs. There are others here that did not do any of that and have been successful. It is up to you. I say use anything that you think will help. You got this.
              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

noodle;1569467 wrote: Just saying a mega quick hello as going to my nightclass. Feeling a bit frazzled today, and like my insides are caving in, but will stay hanging tough as the song goes. Welcome newbies - you are in great company, sorry gotta dash, I will catch up with you lovlies tomorrow! Keep going Kailey - I'm still right behind ya! Luv ya all xxx:h
                No time for a proper post. This thread is a little overwhelming in a good way with all that's happening for everyone, but I wanted to take a minute to say way to go, Noodle! We're doing it!
                You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1569490 wrote: Hi Nesters! I don't have to work today!! Makes me quite happy indeed--
                  It seems like it was a good evening here last night-- Good to hear! We're all racking up the days..
                  Kailey, it's the same with me this time- I keep wondering when that huge craving is going to come and knock me off my feet. I'm not worrying about it now, but I'm not allowing myself to become complacent either. I'm wondering if it could have to do with my NO HOW NO WAY mindset (learned that from our 1000 day old feathered friend!)-- In the first days, I also accepted a mantra-- I will never drink al again and I will never change my mind. Sometimes I walk around and this pops into my head.. I say it few times in a stern voice, and it feels good. I'm so happy to have control over myself. Now sugar is another story!!!:confused
                  I think you are right. In my case I had so much negative talk floating around in my head it made it very easy to give up when things got slightly hard. Now that I have some days under my belt my self talk (with no effort on my part) is positive. No, that doesn't capture it... it's jubilant and hopeful! I think that's the difference. It's like the subconscious struggle is gone.

As far as sugar, I have to be pretty militant about that. Sugar sets me off much in the way alcohol does. If I start I can't stop, so I don't start.
                  You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

I was called out unexpectedly this morning to watch my grandsons, so here I am with my iPad

Kailey, getting rid of negative thinking was a big deal for me too. I always had a bright & hopeful outlook on life until I caught a major case of depression in dealing with my husband's chronic, untreated depression
                    Putting a positive spin on everything, including yourself really helps you succeed!

Olga, I started out by downloading & reading the MWO book. It has a lot of info, you what you want.
                    I took my own supplements because I have many allergies, wanted to be careful. I did not use an meds & I strongly advise anyone considering them - go see your doctor. It's just not safe buying meds on the internet, you don't know what you are getting. The CDs were a great investment for me. I used them nightly for well over a year then passed them on to another member. The CDs helped me learn to relax without AL & helped me change my thinking about it entirely.

Greetings all around & I hope everyone has a great AF Wednesday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in before work.

After the weekend binge, I am self medicating with food at an alarming rate.

I am using food as a cover for my lack of motivation for everything at the moment - work, relationships, exercise etc.

I am back to back sleeping patterns too - sleeping in far too late.
                      I am sitting in front of a computer or on my tablet too much as well - procrastinating.

Slowly cutting back on the food, but it is hard as I feel quite empty atm. I just don't feel like I am a good person to be around atm whilst I 'recover' and sense people can feel that.

It's that much harder as I know how good I felt just a month ago

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1569579 wrote: Good morning Nesters!

I was called out unexpectedly this morning to watch my grandsons, so here I am with my iPad

Kailey, getting rid of negative thinking was a big deal for me too. I always had a bright & hopeful outlook on life until I caught a major case of depression in dealing with my husband's chronic, untreated depression
                        Putting a positive spin on everything, including yourself really helps you succeed!

Olga, I started out by downloading & reading the MWO book. It has a lot of info, you what you want.
                        I took my own supplements because I have many allergies, wanted to be careful. I did not use an meds & I strongly advise anyone considering them - go see your doctor
                        . It's just not safe buying meds on the internet, you don't know what you are getting. The CDs were a great investment for me. I used them nightly for well over a year then passed them on to another member. The CDs helped me learn to relax without AL & helped me change my thinking about it entirely.

Greetings all around & I hope everyone has a great AF Wednesday!
                        Lav
                        Agreed!!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAY 4 WHOO HOO went to another meeting last night! I am feeling very blessed and positive! Still not sleeping
                          DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                            Rainging and icky here..a few errands today then doggie training tonight..didnt sleep well last night. Allergies in full swing..not sure what to take. Had a sinus headache too...but this will all pass I hope.
                            Hope to get back to the gym soon, I know it will help with many things...
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wanted to mention ~ I was STOOPID and DESPERATE to order meds off the internet. Don't. See your doctor. Rr gobbling sugar - I stuffed a slab of cake into my gob at work today. It was RUM cake. I tasted the booze right away (and put back the other pieces I squirrled away. Didn't think to watch out for AL in foods~ particularly cake based products.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange I love that frazzled noodle thing. That is funny.
                                Yes Mr. V. I worry about the extra stress right now, but so far its going alright.
                                We really are trying to set a good example.
                                Elvis I am cheering for you. I know from both sides of the fence how devastating al can be to purpose families. It's just crazy. I feel so happy to see my Hubby not drinking and lecturing me on the evils of drinking again. I do fogive him. I know it really wasn't the man I love in charge when he did all of those terrible, hurtful things.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X