Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

You are a saint. Really. You also inspire others, when you forgive your husband that way perhaps you make others think of forgiving themselves in the same way?
    LB, I concur with 3June. Glad things are working out.

Londoner, Don't get too down on yourself, we all slip. You've been doing well for so long, you'll get back soon enough. You already know what to do. Keep it going.

Kailey, proud of what you've accomplished so far, really.

Ican, Ucan!

Dave, or is it Gambler with a capital G. It took me a while to catch on to your sense of humor, but you crack me up! I'm sure I could have gotten into a lot of trouble with you. So glad to hear things going well with you and the boys. Stay the course my friend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks to so many of you for replying to my post! I can hear the anxiety in it, and know from experience that's an after-effect of alcohol. AF yesterday, which means I'm now starting day four! Weekend approaching, which usually triggers lots of alcohol-justifying thoughts, but I don't need to worry about that today, do I? Just one day at a time. And breathe!!

Very glad I found this place and all of you. So amazing to be among kindred spirits and feel understood and not judged. At some point I will post my story, just not yet.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Olgada! Sounding wonderful this morning, you are! and You are right--it's just about today. You can worry about tomorrow (if you want!) when it comes.:l Enjoy your day..

Hi Mr. V! I always enjoy hearing your voice. Nice to see you..

I'm racing off to work-after a bowl of hot oatmeal..mmmm. See you all later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, another real quick post - as I'm going out for a mega walk. feeling totally strung out, THOSE thoughts have invaded my head today, and I'm doing everything I can to push them out. Been a total bitch to everyone, to the point where hubby says he preffers me pissed - not very happy :upset: but I do deserve it. Anyways, that lil f*****r is NOT winning (Al that is - not the hubby), off to stretch mine and my faithfull's pooches legs and then home for a nice facial, all will be well. Sorry for the rant, I think it's that time of the month too, (sorry guys), and my heads all over the shop. Will try and have a proper catch up soon - well done to the newbies, and good on ya the others who are still trucking, along with nutters like me Love ya see ya tomorrow xx:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Min yes our summer is supposed to be fast approaching. In a couple of states there are bad bushfires but melbourne is freezing and i can only hope it is a sunny lovely day for my daughters wedding in two and a half weeks time. You never know with melbourne what will happen. We had rain, hail and wind today but hopefully it will warm up soon.

I am off on a coffee date, another bloody one lol but good thing i love coffee and who would have thunk that i would be saying coffee instead of wine 47 days ago, not me.

Hope everyone is having a great day/night everywhere. Life is so busy at the moment as gambler said it is hard to make time for everything and with xmas coming up wow time is going fast.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Noodle, bitchy and sober is still better than the alternative; hubby will just have to deal with things. Enjoy the walk and the facial - both will make you feel better.

Day 4 here, and things are going well - too well, I think. Worried (and scared, to be honest) about Fri-Sun. But, no other way than get through it, hey?

Stay strong and stay AF!
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just another day really Dream, I used to think that too but then i thought the weekend is no different when i used to drink everyday anyways. We can get so much more done on a weekend now than every before and wake up without feeling like crap. Good work on day 4.
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters

LB, I agree with 3J and Mr V, you are an inspiration. Thinking of you daily :hug

I sometimes feel because of the time difference I am lost on the thread, doesn't mean to say I am not thinking of everyone.

Day 5, feeling good all round though still having sleep issues. I am already putting plans in place for the weekend. Hope everyone is safe and happy this Thursday
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

OlgadaPolga;1569850 wrote: Thanks to so many of you for replying to my post! I can hear the anxiety in it, and know from experience that's an after-effect of alcohol. AF yesterday, which means I'm now starting day four! Weekend approaching, which usually triggers lots of alcohol-justifying thoughts, but I don't need to worry about that today, do I? Just one day at a time. And breathe!!

Very glad I found this place and all of you. So amazing to be among kindred spirits and feel understood and not judged. At some point I will post my story, just not yet.
                    Somewhere on this site, and I'll find it unless someone else sees this post and can recall what the acronym HALT stands for - when you have a craving, are you Hungry, Angry, something-with-an-L, or Thirsty? For me it is usually Hungry (or course) or Thirsty. Did I get this right, anyone?
                    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm Strong and in Control;1569943 wrote: Somewhere on this site, and I'll find it unless someone else sees this post and can recall what the acronym HALT stands for - when you have a craving, are you Hungry, Angry, something-with-an-L, or Thirsty? For me it is usually Hungry (or course) or Thirsty. Did I get this right, anyone?
                      Hi Strong

Hungry
                      Angry
                      Lonely
                      Tired

Know what you mean with hungry - been eating like a swarm of locusts

Stay strong, stay AF
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey hey Nesters and good morning.

Just wanted to do a morning check in ( I should get back to doing this everyday ).

Woke up feeling better I think because I didnt have any Ice cream or sugary deserts last night. This past week I have been feeling hung over and was really thinking it was all the crap food that I never ate before. .. Seems like Im going to be reverting back to my basically sugar free diet ( accept in my coffee .. dont make me give up my coffee sugar .. Please )

Anyways I got to go but I have a big long post coming up for you guys when I get home I really missed you guys even though I get to the nest at lunch and quickly at night between things.

Wishing this gloomy rainy primer day for the weekend goes well for everyone..
                        Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                        AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi! I'm new here First post.
                          :thanks: :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, HopingCarnations and Welcome!

You must be thinking of not drinking since you joined us .
                            What is your first goal?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks NoSugar!

My first goal is to not drink today. I went 70 days earlier this year and was feeling great. I don't know why I relapsed, but I did Sick of putting alcohol at the top of my priorities, and feeling like crap ALL the time. I stayed sober yesterday, hoping tonight I'll be feeling the same accomplishment.
                              :thanks: :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hello & welcome Hoping! Glad you decided to join us?
                                When I first started I was directed to the Health store here on the site & downloaded the MWO book. It has a lot of helpful info to get you started.

Greetings to everyone! I hope everyone has a terrific AF Thursday
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X