Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Star!!

Good to see you again. You know where you belong...right here with us. We're glad you've rejoined us in the lifeboat, take our hands, we won't let go :h
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, K9 :l I feel better already!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to see you back Star, hang on this time

BH, hope you have a safe night out tonight.

Do I get to choose the BD cake for tomorrow? :H
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish!!! It's GREAT to see you again!!!
          I'm so sorry that you have been thru the wringer....we can help get you back upright! It sounds like you've got a good plan in place for tonight! You know the drill...one foot in front of the other until you get your balance! I am so glad to see you posting!

A neighbor of mine emailed and said we have a full moon rise tonight at 6:24. I get so caught up in the day's activities I forget to appreciate the beautiful place I live. As the sun is going down in the west, the moon rises over the water in the east and it's a beautiful sight...the moon looks orange. I plan to walk down to the beach and go see it. Appreciating the world around me is a big help in fighting this battle. Food tastes better, I sleep better, I feel normal. It's a great feeling. If I could bottle this up and let you try it, you'd never want to drink again. It's called MindPeace and it's worth fighting for! Hugs all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

gambler;1570388 wrote: Rise and shine Nesters

My morning bad news is I caved in with the Sugar dobob thing. Yes I had some Ice cream last night but I had a double dose of yogurt so does that count for anything ? . noo . Oh well at least I made a supreme three course meal last night. I then got to bed early and combined with a wakeless night I feel great for a Friday. Im ready to pounce on work to finish up the week so I can look my boss in the eye when I take my money .

I want to thank everyone for the support that I need in regards to me boys ( Yea Im like Popeye in a way ). So just quickly I can tell you that Yes..she did send me a draft that stated the every other weekend and one day a week from 6-8:30 + your standard holiday and vacation time. Yes she does live only 3 miles away ( 5 min drive ) and no its not about trust and the drinking thing with her even though thats what she is using as an excuse. Im not too worried about the end result of parenting time that will be awarded. Its more that the boys loved us both more than anything but now Im seeing a change in them with their mom. I feel that given her current path of things the kiddos are starting to resent her and becoming more distant towards her. I can understand her attachment with them seeing as they are basically the only things she has in life that is good. Thank you again for your kind words and prayers

Welp Im one foot out the door so I will talk to you peeps tonight .. have a great weekend kickoff Friday and stay focused.

Dave
            Hey Dave
            I know oh too well that kids can get in a real crossfire. I was glad in the end that my X and I decided to work together because there was trouble down the road we both had to share as well. The story has a good ending. I won't go into details. Good luck!
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all
              So pleased with myself - A SOBER FRIDAY! Made a beer chicken on the fire (no, relax, I used juice instead of beer, but the contraption thingy is called a beer chicken stand or something like that), kitty poo was purring on my lap, and I drank water. Opera in the background, a good book - for the first time I realised that one does not have to drink to enjoy oneself. Yes, the oldbies keep on saying that, but it's something that I had to experience for myself to believe. The sky did not fall in, the Friday Party Police did not charge me with not disrupting the peace.

Halo, fire and cake waiting - hope you got to the meeting and back safe and dry.

Star
              , welcome back. What on earth is a grand-dog? Enjoy the time with your daughters.

I'm off to bed, talk again tomorrow.

Dream
              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1570485 wrote:

A neighbor of mine emailed and said we have a full moon rise tonight at 6:24.
                Byrdie, thanks for the reminder about the moon - there's a penumbral eclipse tonight, round midnight. Those still about and about midnight in the UK/Europe should have the best view.
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all. Check in time

Welcome back Star! I hope you're plan is ticking along. I am back on track after a relapse. Getting back on is the hardest thing to,do staying sober is easy in comparison. Stay strong and keep reading and posting :-)

Off to bed my beauties. Sleep well x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys! I am safe and sound at home with family and about to eat an early supper and relax. Very tired since I didn't sleep last night. I hope I get to catch a glimpse of that beautiful moon though!!

Dream- my grand dog is my daughter's new puppy I don't have any grand children yet so I have to sette for the next best thing!! We are all animal lovers here and have a house full!

Sweet dreams all!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, fire and cake waiting - hope you got to the meeting and back safe and dry.

*curls up on the rug next to the fire and nibbles cake*

BH, hope you have a safe night out tonight.

ty Lav, it was worth it

Those still about and about midnight in the UK/Europe should have the best view.
                      In this weather, are you kidding me?? I'd love to see it though.

Thanks guys! I am safe and sound at home with family and about to eat an early supper and relax. Very tired since I didn't sleep last night. I hope I get to catch a glimpse of that beautiful moon though!!
                      Glad you are all happy and relaxed Star, welcome back
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1570338 wrote: Kailey! How are you today?
                        How's our frazzled Noodle?
                        Not good. I drank last night. I thought it would be an easy night because I was out of town at a conference, but a bunch of us went out to dinner, and everyone ordered drinks. I'm embarrassed to say I hardly tried to fight it. The good side, if there is one, is that I didn't overdo it... at least not more than anyone else.

I'm so disappointed though, and worried that I won't be able to get back on track. I'll stick close, and also spend some time sorting my thoughts out about this dumb misstep. If I'm honest, I was starting to feel stressed about my ability to never drink. I should have done more to be ready to deal with how I would handle a major craving.

Noodle, I hope you are doing well. If you are struggling, I can tell you the momentary release of pressure I felt by having a few drinks wasn't worth it.
                        You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Star, you were missed!

Hoping you all are safe and happy, whether asleep, just waking or calling it a night. Byrdie, I want to retire in ypur neck of the woods with that same view. Happy birthday K9! Fellow Libran!
                          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening,
                            Really tired...worked hard helping set up for our event tomorrow...I am going to bed early....
                            Another sober Friday bites the dust!!
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Hour to my fellow nesters

I dont have much time tonight from the party that Im throwing .. Kids are on the way for the weekend WOOHOO !!! Im so stoked I cant stand it !
                              So a quick post then im off.

Hoping .. Please dont feel horrible about things. Its a pattern that just has to be broken in your mind after the craps out of your system..so hang in there.
                              I was a home drinker too..but I holed up at home alone and .. well it was different for me but needless to say I spent the majority of my time right here. I feel for you and I hope you pull through this rough patch.

Cat Belle;1570242 wrote: Dave! OMG! How do you keep up with everything and everyone- I would get so befuddled! Well I have plenty of free time now that Im not sleepy after drinking .. It makes me feel better when I post actually. I am involved in something that I enjoy ..

DreamThinkDo;1570380 wrote: if you'll sweep the Nest (and my house) you can move in anytime.
                              Oh man.. the foyer in the nest is a full time job with all this traffic .. no complaints though about the kitchenette though..

Byrdlady;1570401 wrote:
                              Had some trouble getting into the site this morning, hope we aren't having troubles!
                              I had my morning gig post done up and hit the submit button.. it lagged out and I thought I lost it.

I had more to say but the boys just showed up.. so gotta run ya'll.

Have a great night everyone and stay close to the nest and remember to enjoy yourselves AF :l

Dave
                              Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                              AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone, Oh Kailey, hope you are ok luv, hang on in there and get back on track. Yup I'm still frazzled, but still fighting the fight. I don't know how I'd of done either in that situation, the only ones I can tackle at the mo are the ones where everyone knows i should not be drinking, so they are all kinda supportive. Just been for a walk up the beach, and it was lovely to wake up sober, as is every morining at the mo. Get back on this wagon! We can do it xxxxxx Love to everyone else, will check back later - got heaps of boring work to do! :h

Comment

Working...
                                X