Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Checking in early on a Saturday - 15:40 here atm.

I'm not out tonight at all - self imposed ban on going anywhere for a couple of weekends whilst I concentrate on self improvement and getting back into my work.

So no desire to get out on it tonight and up early tomorrow for a bit of sport with a couple of friends.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornign all,
      Cold and rainy here...boohiss....bbbbbbbrrrrr
      Off to train club event then dinner with friends..
      Feeling better each day.....
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Friends! I slept like a rock last night and it felt AWESOME. I have been busy since 5 a.m. with chores and family and haven't had a chance to read back yet...hopefully I can do so later...
        Before I got up this morning, I attempted a little meditation (I guess that takes practice to really get the hang of it)..I will keep working on that. I also made a list of everything I am grateful for and you all were at the very top.
        I will cook lunch for my family now, go with my youngest dtr to buy her homecoming dress, cook a big supper for my family and by then, I will be too tired to even think about drinking. Will try to check back in later
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back with a new pair of boots...now how on earth did that happen????

Londoner, if you are staying in I am making a nice veggie curry for after my meeting. I'll be around from about 10, you can bring the naan bread

Let's have a nice, peaceful relaxing AL free weekend, eh?

Sounds like a busy day Star, hope you enjoy it!
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, that sounds perfect.

Definitely an AF tonight

Comment

Newbies Nest

How's everyone hanging in there this beautiful Saturday?
              It was such a beautiful moon last night, wasn't it-- and still is tonight.

How are you Londoner? I was so pleased to hear of your plan tonight! What are you up to now? Sport with the friends tomorrow sounds so much better than feeling like shit and beating yourself up about it-- I am going for a long run tomorrow--can't waiat.

hi Bhalo! I think I'll invite myself over as well-- I hope you haven't already cleared the plates-- I have some delicious home made apricot-apple chutney-- will that do?

I'm drinking my new favourite evening tea-- traditional yogi tea. mmmm.. so nice for these coming cold months.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: BACK, Star!! It's so nice to have you here in the Nest! You were missed--

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in to say I'm back on track. Keeping myself busy today making some jewelry I'll give my family for Christmas gifts. A liitle out of sorts, but I guess that's to be expected until I feel that I'm safely back on the bandwagon.
                  You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you are keeping busy Kailey and sounding better :l

That chutney sounds yummy LC! The curry is on a slow simmer and there's enough for everyone!
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kailey!:l You sound good tonight-- calm and with a plan.
                      Come join us at Bhalo's for curry-- Yummy.. How was the meeting tonight, BH?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really good LC, the guy who 'shared' was really interesting.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nester's near and not so far,

Just popping in to say gidday. It's a windy but beautiful sunday morning here. Take care y'all.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey G man, have a bowl of curry! (where's Londoner with the naan bread?)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi G!

I was wondering about the naan, too-- was hoping it was loaded with garlic. Now I'm starting to wonder if he ate it all!! Damn-

BH, great to go to a meeting where you connect with the share-- could I ask what the topic was tonight? I only managed a few aa meetings, long ago-- but I found the topic was almost always EXACTLY what I needed to address/had been thinking about. It was pleasantly.. spooky, for lack of a better work.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lifechange;1570884 wrote: Hi G!

I was wondering about the naan, too-- was hoping it was loaded with garlic. Now I'm starting to wonder if he ate it all!! Damn-

BH, great to go to a meeting where you connect with the share-- could I ask what the topic was tonight? I only managed a few aa meetings, long ago-- but I found the topic was almost always EXACTLY what I needed to address/had been thinking about. It was pleasantly.. spooky, for lack of a better work.

He spoke mainly about the effects on his family, about how AL made him so selfish that when his wife walked out with their kids his first thought was 'I'll get peace to drink now'!!

Comment

Working...
                                X