Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

So, I am so tired I can no longer see straight. Bhalo, thanks for the curry and company-- see you all in the morning..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night LC
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

That is a sad state to be in. I remember wanting my boyfriend and kids out of the way so I could drink in peace. But even when they were gone, I was lacking drinking time. I once "joked" to a friend that I wished I had the guts to leave everything and take up house on one of the benches across the street at the park. Basically everything got in the way of drinking. I'm so Grateful to have found this way out.
        Thank you for the curry and company, BH-- I'm so tired and am afraid I might fall asleep at the table. That would be rude, wouldn't it?

Good night, everyone--see you tomorrow.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange I am so there with you.

When I first reached 30 days AF I was thinking to myself I will never drink again. However, if I win the lottery or get rich by other means I will move to NZ, AU, Costa Rica (somewhere isolated) and will spend my days drinking. That was m idea of heaven even after 30 days sober.

Now I know that even if I wake up a billionaire tomorrow, I will not touch that stuff, ever again.
          AF since 1st Sep 2012
          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes back, friends. It was an absolutely beautiful day here where I am...easy to feel positive and happy. Had a very busy day keeping up with my brood of children and animals, but they kept me out of trouble, for sure! I stopped several times throughout the day to think about the things I am grateful for. It helps.
            Good to see you feeling better, Kailee
            Hope your outing with Ann C. was lotsa fun, Byrdie.
            I am enjoying "seeing" all my old friends in the nest. I have missed you all very much.
            Day 2 done and dusted-looking forward to day 3! Sleep well and stay strong everyone. We can do it!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep it going guys. Was offered a night out partying with a girl I met last week, but turned it down.

Pishwari naan tonight

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good choice, Londoner. I don't know what Pishwari naan is, but I am sure it's better than a night out partying....that gets us nowhere FAST! Stay good!!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Passes Londoner a bowl of curry...good for you! I just had a lovely relaxing bath, such a difference from this time last week. Pishwari naan is my favourite! Here's to a sober Sunday morning
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

X post Star, good to see you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening, Nesters!
                      Star, I had a GREAT day with Ann Carolina! We had a wonderful lunch and did some retail therapy afterwards! :H She and I love to make beaded jewelry (so does NoSugar) but did I see that Kailey makes jewelry too?????? Never too many beaders in the nest! Ann and I joked today that we are MasterBeaders! :H:H:H

On my way home, I got a text from NoSugar.....we were just chit chatting, and when we finished I thought...isn't that amazing, 3 lives brought together by MWO! However, I took that a step further and thought....what a shame that 3 lives were brought together thru the shared misery that AL brought us. AL is a powerful substance, I've never been associated with anything that has a stronger pull. Drugs are illegal, AL is not only legal, but socially acceptable and advocated!!! It is just an awful opponent. Stay strong, Nesters, relapse does NOT have to be part of this journey! Protect your quit with everything you've got!!! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi B.H. :l Good to see you too!
                        Byrdie, glad you gals had a great day...one of these days I am going to take up beading sounds like much fun!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you had a nice day Byrdy, and thanks for the moon. :l

I'm off to bed good people. I've had a great wee day. New boots (woohoo!) some nice chats on the phone, a good meeting and best of all, AL free. Switch your phone off Londoner and have a nice, peaceful night.

Take care everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1570924 wrote: AL is a powerful substance, I've never been associated with anything that has a stronger pull. Drugs are illegal, AL is not only legal, but socially acceptable and advocated!!! It is just an awful opponent.
                            What a great post. Agree so much with it.

It is glamorised and you are seen as boring by the masses if you do not drink. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh gosh that is a huge picture......will keep working on this...
                                this is the new puppy Penny...so cute but not happy with her Halloween costume...
                                dot
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X