Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Up bright and early on a Sunday morning

This time last week I was still out clubbing (blergh).

Up working on my business, organising my files to ready myself for a productive week.

No sport this morning, which is a shame.

How's everyone doing today?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner;1571092 wrote: Up bright and early on a Sunday morning

This time last week I was still out clubbing (blergh).

Up working on my business, organising my files to ready myself for a productive week.

No sport this morning, which is a shame.

How's everyone doing today?
      Morning Lahndanner...aren't sober Sundays wonderful? Last week I was dying and my house looked like a scene from CSI :H

I know which I prefer. Grab a coffee and relax for a bit. Shame about the sport but at least you have a clear head to get organised for work. Plenty of time for that
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Londoner! Well done..you made a great choice yesterday/last night. And now the day is yours. It isn't too late to fit some sport in, is it? I was thinking I still had a couple of hours!!

Bhalo, crack up about the CSI-- I so hear you! lots of bread left-- help yourself!
        I'm already thinking about lunch...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sending love to all, always find this the most confusing thread on the forum, but love reading it. It always has such an upbeat feel. xx
          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi DD! Super to see you-- I also find it confusing here sometimes. If I don't check in at least twice a day, I'm completely lost. And I still don't manage to get to everyone..
            How are you doing? I saw you started another thread-- will head over. xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond;1571104 wrote: Sending love to all, always find this the most confusing thread on the forum, but love reading it. It always has such an upbeat feel. xx
              It's the same for everyone DD, just jump right in! :l
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello one and all

I thought i should have a quick check in to say life is going great and wonderful AF. I had a mother daughter night on Friday, the last one before my baby is married. (Three weeks to go now and counting). It was just lovely and we watched her childhood favourite movie "The Little Mermaid", ahh the memories. I had coffee date number 2 with a nice man but they all seem nice to start with so we will see. Picked my mum up from the airport and had a family night on Saturday which was great and today just relaxed before work tomorrow.

such a busy time for me at the moment but I am thinking of everyone and hope you are all safe and well. If I have a spare minute at work tomorrow I will try and have a read on MWO to see how everyone is.

Stay safe and well xx
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday morning Nesters

Glad to see so many checking in today!
                  Hello & welcome Djr! So glad you decided to join us. Congrats on your fantastic 30 year quit! Your advice is solid ~ just DON'T DRINK

Piper, being lonely was my all time big trigger too. That coupled with some long standing depression. Keeping my head out of the negativity well has done wonders for me. You are doing great, hang in there.

LC, thank goodness my big dog is unable to climb up on my sofa - can you just picture that? :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Sunday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                    Had to turn n the heat. I was freezing..I have noticed that when drinking I was always hot..now I am freezing....and I have lost 10 pounds in the 50 AF days...WooHoo on both!!
                    Off to church then back to the train show....Life is good.
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all. Available, sounds like a lovely night with your daughter, I love the Little Mermaid!

Piper, hang in there, you are doing so well.

So, I took advantage of the dry weather and went for a wee run outdoors, didn't fancy the gym but the run was good. Needless to say it started raining when I was halfway home! I am going to the first meeting I went to last Sunday later, really looking forward to it, then meeting my daughter for coffee afterwards. I hope everyone is enjoying a sober, peaceful Sunday so far

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                        DreamThink, around here, 7 AF days gets you noticed! We are so proud of the way you came in, found a twig, and got on with the program! Nesters, please join me in giving DTD a good mooning! Drop em!!!

:moon:

GREAT JOB! Those first 7 days are a bear (or bare!) so consider yourself well on your way!!

Piper, I'll have to introduce you to Ann Carolina and Rooniford, both live in your neck of the woods!!! We were over in the Apex area! What a wonderful little town, full of shops!!

Dot Belle!!! What precious babies!!! Penny is an adorable Halloweener!!!!! Bahaha!

So as beaders, we have Kailey, I'mStrong, Noodle, Ann, NoSugar and me!! Wow! I'll have to start a beading thread! :H (the jokes are just making themselves today!!)

Djr, welcome aboard! We look forward to 30 years of wisdom from you! Thank you for being here!

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day! Be grateful we are alive to enjoy it!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning (in my part of the world). Woke up feeling predictably wonderful. Have a fun and very lazy day planned...football, football, football and some more jewelry making. I've had weekends like this before that didn't work out so well. How many times have I fallen asleep during a game I was really looking forward to? How many times have I ruined a project in a drunken haze and not even remembered doing it until I discover it the next morning?

Things will go much better, today! I hope everyone has a great Sunday and for those of you who head back to work tomorrow, I hope your battery gets fully charged.
                          You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning my fellow nesters and nesterettes

Kailey;1570849 wrote: Just a quick check in to say I'm back on track. Keeping myself busy today making some jewelry I'll give my family for Christmas gifts. A liitle out of sorts, but I guess that's to be expected until I feel that I'm safely back on the bandwagon.
                            Kailey Im so happy for you .. you sound in control and on top of your feelings. You mentioned the Christmas gifts of fine handmade jewelry and that brought up a time when I got into beadworking. I made a few necklaces for my mom one time but I could not believe how much it costs me. One band was 50 bucks lol. They were nice pieces though and I still have them today..probably generation necklaces to boot. Keep it up and good seeing your positivity shining through.

Londoner;1570928 wrote: It is glamorised and you are seen as boring by the masses if you do not drink.
                            Hello Londoner.. I was wondering about this post here. My radio channel DJ hosts constantly mentions and even suggests drinking at all hours of the morning, afternoon and night. Odd why they would would condone such activities themselves .. unless they dont want to be left out ? I dont know about the "seen as boring by the masses" part in my life. As a matter of fact most of the people that Know I dont drink any longer mention that either they used to not drink as much or they should drink less. Its not that Im boring to others .. I get the feeling that Im more of a reflection of their inability to have a good time without the drinking.

C-Developer;1570933 wrote:
                            Just a quick Nest check in from me tonight guys and dolls, as I have been pretty pathetic about regular posting of late (aside from Roll Call). It is rather odd actually, when compared to my early days of being sober when I was bored out of my mind from lack of activities. Of late, it seems that there is hardly enough hours in the day to get accomplished all that I want to do.
                            Hey hey brother you sound terrific ! I know how you feel about being a regular AF poster .. but I think its better to post less and live life more. Enjoy your life .. thats what its all about man.

Dream .. congrats on your day 7 ..

So I am having a great time with the boys this weekend ( right now they are at church so Im posting while I can ) . However Im feeling a bit out of sorts lately. My free time is catching up with me because I dont have anything planned. When Im not working or being with the boys I get to the point of jumping out of my skin uncomfortable. I dont know how to deal being with them and then suddenly being without them. I have been filling the void inside me with other activities and now those things are starting to loose their effectiveness. Being AF is a cakewalk compared to being CF ( children free ). I know that over time things will level out on that front .. its just keeping myself occupied during this transition. Maybe I should craigslist my work out so I can stay busy on the weekends or something..

Anyways Ive got a few errands to run before they get back. Wishing everyone a great Sunday !
                            Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
                            AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star here, just swooping in, half-way through day 3. Busy, busy, church this morning and fixing a huge lunch for all my family right now so can't post much at the moment...going to look at another (engaged) daughter's new house after lunch.
                              Huge Congrats, DTD on SEVEN DAYS. That's AWESOME!
                              Dottie- LOVE the doggies- so sweet!
                              Back later everyone
                              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

END OF DAY 7!!!!!

Thanks for all your support - the people currently here and those whose past posts and successes have inspired me and assured me that it could be done. :l:l

Now for the next biggie - remember I fell off the nic wagon - well, going to get up on that one tomorrow, and even if it is an on again off again trip, I'm going to do it.

Stay well
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X