Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1571342 wrote: END OF DAY 7!!!!!
    Hooray!!!! So happy for you!
    You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiyas and evening people. Paella on the menu tonight, dig in. Been to my meeting, some of the people hadn't seen me since last week when I was feeling a little rough around the edges and I got compliments galore. One woman even said I looked 20 years younger (jeez, I hadn't realised I was THAT rough!). Seriously though, it was great to hear that they could see such a difference just one week after my coming off my monumental binge

DTD, I have already said well done on 7 days, but I'll say it again. Good luck with the nic, I stopped again this morning, so far so good.

Londoner, I agree that here in the UK alcohol is glamourised and also that on a personal level I know most of my 'friends' would rather see me drinking on a night out than not. Sad really.

Dave, you are right, you are going through a transition period right now, a big one. I don't know what advice to offer here, 'try to keep busy' sounds banal. I know my outlet is the gym when I am not working. (Even better now that my daughter is coming with me!) It's just a thought, could you start maybe thinking about their Halloween costumes, and maybe making stuff for Christmas? That way you are keeping busy, but the boys are still your focus. Failing that, I have a spare room that needs decorating and a fence that needs fixing, if you're stuck for something to do! Seriously, I hope you can overcome this, that jumping out of your skin feeling is not nice.

I feel a bit left out of all this bead making malarkey, but I am not even going to pretend to be good at that kind of stuff.

Anyway, help yourselves to paella, there's some olive bread on the side, and I am sorry for rambling.
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

BH, there's no time limit on beading....just find a local bead store and check it out....it's fun!
        Wishing everyone a safe and cozy night in the nest. Having house guests this weekend so spent the day cleaning....how does dust get into enclosed spaces? And how does it stick to things upside down? I hope these people don't mind a little dog hair!!
        Stay close everyone! A craving is only temporary! You can get past it if you TRY! Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Got a whole lot of yard work done today - yay!!
          Another day or two of that & the place will be in good shape

Byrdie, more house guests? So sorry :H
          I have plenty of dog hair here if you run out!!!

Congrats on your 7 AF days & moon DTD!
          I gave myself several good AF weeks before I quit smoking....needed to focus on one thing at a time. Others here have successfully quit both together - good luck to all & don't forget to look at:
          Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strong :bday7:. sorry this is a day late. Mushy peas for brains at the moment. Hope you had a lovely time and was spoilt rotten!

3J - happy candle day to you. :bday1:

Right, now tuck into Lav's giant cake - the two of you can share my share - I'm also sort of sugar free.
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nester,
              Good morning, DO!

The beginning of a new week and all is quiet in the house. I don't really have anything to say. Just hello! and happy to be with all of you here on this journey :l.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

My feet are cold. And I'm sneezing. I had planned on shopping for my darling daughter's birthday on Friday, but I might go back to bed with my tea and my ipad instead. Because I can. Happy Mondays everyone
                Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, it's because you're not wearing your new boots. Put them on now!!! :H

Hope you feel better soon.
                  14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Sunny but chilly here in my portion of the nest
                    I really need to dig out some warmer clothes, maybe do a little shopping too!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!

Hope everyone is okay on this Monday morning. Well day 21 came and went yesterday. Some external stress which of course I internalized...go figure. So to deal with, we had fried bologna and egg sandwiches, instead of the nice chicken I had planned. I love my husband for being understanding We ate and went straight off to bed at 745!!lol.

Check in later! Heres to a great AF day ya'll!
                      Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                      -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

DreamThinkDo;1571481 wrote: Strong :bday7:. sorry this is a day late. Mushy peas for brains at the moment. Hope you had a lovely time and was spoilt rotten!

3J - happy candle day to you. :bday1:

Right, now tuck into Lav's giant cake - the two of you can share my share - I'm also sort of sugar free.
                        Thank you so much!!! Would like a pie floater with those mushy peas.
                        10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy AF Birthday 3J!!!! (K9, not sure which day yours was, but I know it was a great one!!!) I'm just so proud of myself for having my first AF birthday in decades - I know you both are as well. Looking forward to sharing the rest of the year with you both. Thank you isn't enough.
                          10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                            Cat's, there's nothing wrong with a good ole fried balony 'n egg Sammy! It's the breakfast of champions!!! I was just noticing your signature line....WOW, that's a good one! This sentence really says it all!

'But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful'

Gosh, we sure hang on to what we think is secure around here....we talk sometimes about The Leap of Faith....sometimes you have to let go and TRUST others who have walked the path before you. Thanks for that reminder this morning!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, easy, AF day!!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
                              I feel like I'm behind on all posts and hope to catch up today. Thank you for all the birthday wishes. Still AF, 7 days today (NOTE BYRDIE). There were moments this weekend that were a bit difficult - will need to find things I like to drink other than AL and alternates for trigger moments (1/2 hour wait to be seated at a restaurant; coming back to the hotel after dinner and before bed) but nothing that I can't overcome. It took me a decade to stop smoking (I was a very heavy smoker). I absolutely know I can never smoke again. I will never pick up a cigarette. Sometimes I fantasize about it, in my dreams, I'm still often smoking. Yet I have a mindset that I will never, ever pick up a cigarette. I want that mindset with alcohol. Like FREE, I also began to think (again) that I could have a glass of wine on special occasions, and I only have 7 AF days under my belt!! Those are dangerous thoughts best ignored and focus those energies on the positive. This may not be a big deal to some, but I drove this weekend. I live in a huge city and walk everywhere, take public transportation, or DH drives. I can't believe I stopped doing it - but the truth is - I won't drink and drive. During the rare times that I have driven in the last few years, I was hungover, white-knuckled and paranoid. I can't believe I gave up my freedom/independence for alcohol. I completely forgot how wonderful it was to drive cross country on my own. Or just to drive without being paranoid. Hard to explain. I'll stop rambling! Have a wonderful AF free Monday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Belated Bday, ISAIC and Huge Congrats on that SEVEN day Milestone.
                                I am also behind on posts and had a tough weekend.
                                Today has not started out very well for me either, so I will need a good plan to make it through today.
                                I am super busy at work, but will try to steal a minute or two to catch up on posts during break time. Sorry to be so lame about support for you all, but at this point, the best I can do is work it one minute at a time and be accountable. I will be better soon- I promise!
                                (Note to self: just breathe and be thankful)
                                Love you guys
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X