Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Friends
    Thanks for all the support today. I have made it through day 4 and there is no doubt that I would not have done so without all of you. Accountability and support are both key to my success and for some reason, my accountability to you means more than anything to me. I purposefully posted my day four on the roll call early in the day so as to "seal the deal"- once that was posted I HAD to make it
    It was not easy, kids! For some reason, days 4 and 5 are always very tough for me, but you guys pulled me through. I had some white knuckle moments, but I kept all of you on my mind through it all and succeeded.
    I took your advice and got fast food for dinner tonight. I let the Colonel (Sanders) and his lot of experts cook the chicken tonight, no way they would botch it! :H
    Byrdie, last night's crunchy rice (and tough chicken) is taking up space in the local landfill tonight and unavailable for use in monument-building. That was a resourceful idea though, lil lady!
    Rahul, glad to see you back. You've got it now, sir! AL is a no-good, life-stealing son-of-a-gun and the more distance we all put between that monster and ourselves the better for all.
    Well off to proudly serve tonight's dinner, and then chill. Another day bites the dust.
    Love to all,
    Star
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see everyone getting tucked in!
      Star, glad you got dinner in the bag or bucket, as the case may be. Days 4, 5 and 6 are bears....but then you know what happens on Day 7! I'm so glad you are here!!

Rahul, it is a sad realization that we live in a world full of AL and temptation. But just like the couple that you are staying with, over time, you will not be so sensitive to it. It won't look like the world is operating without you. It's hard to see until you can get some distance from it. There is a GREAT world out there that has nothing to do with AL and it's yours for the taking!! You can do this!! It only takes a couple good AF days to start feeling it, too. Get thru this day AF no matter what and no matter who. We are right beside you fighting the same battle. There are 3000 visitors that come thru this website every single day....you are NOT alone!!

Have a safe night everyone! XO, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

what is wrong with me??????
        (rhetorical question here )
        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

i know what is wrong with me. I know what I have to do.
          Being highly functional does not make it any better. It just makes it harder to stop. I need to be done with this. I know. I know it isn't worth it. I know I will be happier without. I know all this. And yet, and yet....CRAP
          They say an alcoholic needs to hit bottom before they can change but I disagree!!! I have not lost my job, my family, etc. I still go to work. But I am not happy nor do I feel healthy and yet still there is that pull
          By posting this, I am hoping that this will make me see how stupid I am being. What a WASTE
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jenniech,
            I don't usually post in the Newbies' Nest because I find it hard to keep up with everyone. But, I saw that you had posted and wanted to respond.

You have gone six months AF so I know you have enormous will power. If fact, you were extremely encouraging to me much of the spring and early summer when I would rack up several weeks and then blow it due to a family or work obligation that just seemed too much for me. I guess the question is what do you want more? The feeling of being in control (if I recall, it seemed to start for you sometime around 4 months AF) or how you feel tonight when you post that you want out of this vicious cycle.

You know the drill because you encouraged me when I was faltering. Read, post, and post some more. You are back, you know what you want, and what you have to do. We are here to encourage you.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

free at last
              your post brought tears to this drunk's eyes.....i do want it.....
              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenniech, so start a thread to help you be accountable. And I will check in on you, along with lots of others who are rooting for you to succeed. And, you can check on me, ok? We all gain strength from each other.
                Free at Last
                "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

ok
                  thank you so much
                  tomorrow
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie - I am rooting for you too :l
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

It was a perfect Fall day here in these parts - love this weather

Jennie, you can quit just as soon as you make the decision to quit! Quit now, don't keep putting it off. You have nothing to lose, seriously! Glad you are back.

Rahul, you will find the longer you are AF the less you will think about AL. Take your focus off AL, just let it go.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1571828 wrote: ok. tomorrow
                        Ok, good. 10.22.2013 can be your last day 1, Jennie.
                        Put it in your signature and protect it with everything you've got!

Like Free said and like you know, you've got to stay connected here or with another similar group (I hope you choose us :l !).

There have been so many instances lately of people coming back after just drifting away or thinking the connection was no longer needed and choosing to leave. I'm no conspiracy theorist but there are a lot of forces out there telling us that drinking will improve our lives in so many ways. We've got to interact with people who know the truth and aren't afraid to say it.

I look for you everyday in the list of people who have visited MWO, Jennie, and am so glad when I see your name because it tells me that even though you've not been posting much, you haven't given up. And that means there is hope.

Always your buddy, NS :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Put it in your signature and protect it with everything you've got!

How do I do that????
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Dottie.

To make a signature that will always appear, choose

Edit signature

In the far left column on a screen that lists threads.

Type what you want it to say. Preview to be sure you like it and when you do, save it.

Hope that works for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

this is a test...
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1571594 wrote:
                                You do realize that you cannot have that glorious glass of wine on special occasions, right? If I may....changing my thinking about this was key in getting rid of those longings. Sure, in the movies they put people in romantic settings with their glass of wine and the world is good and at peace, but that's not the way we drink....we drink from hidden bottles and in gulps. We drink in secret until we can drink no more....to fantasize like this makes the journey harder, in my humble opinion. Move those thoughts out and realize that the ONE glass is IN ITSELF a fantasy. We will never be happy with that. When you look back in life at the moments that REALLY count...was there a single glass of wine involved? No, it was probably another person or a lovely PLACE that made the memory, not what was in your glass. I do not have to have a substance to celebrate life anymore, because it was actually killing me. Celebrating a moment now is even more special than before. Euphoric Recall is brutal.. it is a lie....AL has done us NO FAVORS!

Sorry for the long post, but I have seen so many nesters fall because of this fantasy it's not funny....it's like watching someone walk into a propeller. That glass doesn't exist for us. If you think about it, if you fanaticized about a wonderfully flaky pastry while watching the sunset....it'd make as much sense. We are simply idolizing that thing we can't have and in doing so, we give it power.
                                Don't fall for this trick....we are smarter than this! Life isn't measured by what's in your glass. Byrdie
                                Byrdie - I love this post. Read it this morning but was in such a hurry and late for something that I didn't have time to comment, so back in the nest now. I really like the line about how it's a person or a place that makes the memory - not what was in the glass. The analogy to a flaky pastry was priceless too yet really makes the point.
                                And, we do in fact give the beast power by idolizing it. We give it power so many different ways - By letting it be presented as the crowning glory for so many kinds of achievements! Why is it the center of attention? Why isn't the achievement enough? I don't know - I'm rambling now, but just wanted you to know I liked your post!

Anyway - i thought it was a good post and made me think as so many of your posts do.

Comment

Working...
                                X