Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi my fellow nesters ..

I feel bad about not posting as much but life keeps turning faster round these parts.

Today I was awarded with a weak dying battery so I just got one that is ready and willing to partake in my daily journey. Im gonna have to put him in place though ( dont trust those kids at the auto store to do it for free .. ZAP my pooter or something ).

Anyways just tired from shrinkwrapping and now Im feeling a very hungry man kinda hungriness coming on. Oh..just to let you guys know that today I got a small bite by my razor knife across my left hand cuss knuckle ( holy crap what a bleeder that was )...oh oh and after that my 4 foot ladder that I have been friends with for 10 years decided to open up like a switch blade and jam my left hand thumb in it..and the fricken locking arms engaged so I was left in what one would call a chinese ladder finger trap ! Two hands were needed in which I only had one available LOL. So my trusty partner had a hand to get me unsnared from the clutches of a 4 foot gorilla . Needless to say my poor left hand has taken quite a beating in the last 8 hours. ( go ahead K9 give that line your best shot )

Im out of the Nesterinoe Loop so Its going to be a bit to reset my perch and clean up the foyer again.

Gonna go whip up some supper and then relax to a good flick on Mr blue ray player. I do enjoy reading the forum when the the movies get to boring parts and no longer entertain me. Oh has anyone seen "Flight" ? good flick for us here at MWO. The reading material on the box does not truly do the movie justice.. check it out if you havent already.

I would like to say a big hello and give a warm welcome to all the new members here and again I extend an apology for not being able to enjoy your company as of late..:l

Wishing everyone the strength and courage to fight the good fight for Today..

Dave.
    Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
    AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1572276 wrote: Just a quick note to say "howdy" to you guys. I'm so impressed with you all and it's great to see the Roll Call thread continuing to be successful. That's great!

Thanks for all the past support. I'm doing much better these days.

Respect and admiration,
      -Fin
      Hey Fin!!
      great to see your post. How have you been? Playing much mando? Stay in touch.
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fin!!! GREAT to see you!!
        Yes, the roll call is still thriving! We miss you and hope that life is treating you well!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Day 6 AF.:new:
          I've been reading some posts and the feeling is really good. Seeing all of us in different stages. Supporting each other. I am so grateful for being here at MWO. Feeling free to express myself. AA layout just does not appeal to me and I was looking for a way to "get it out". Love this platform. Wishing us all AF lives.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dave sorry about your hand. Tough break (pardon the pun) you got all kind of troubles. As they say, eat with your right ... well, you know what to do with the left.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Wow the nest is busy
              So happy to see everyone trying their best!

Hello & welcome RW & Luckyflower!
              MWO is a good place, it has helped me & so many others tremendously.
              I hope you both have had a chance to look in the Tool box for great ideas to help you make your plans. I also started by downloading the MWO book from the Health store here on the site.
              Visit the nest as often as possible & please ask if you have any questions. Wishing you both the best

Dave, hope you have a much better day tomorrow buddy - ouch

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. I have the first fire of the season going in my fireplace ~ nice!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,,

Day 2 begins wishing you all the best ... have fun enjoy the life as it has to offer a lot.
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Lavande for the warm welcome. I did check the tool box a few days ago and made some plans. New "good" ones. Only day 6 but feeling so much better. Sleeping better, thinking better, full of hope. I spent this weekend doing important stuff I had been postponing for so long cause the AL always got my first priority. No more. I am changing my life around. I know that I am the only one who at all times has the power and control, not the bottle. I'm hopeful:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Still pitch dark out but I'm out early today to go watch my grandsons, fun

Luckyflower, sounds like you are off to a good start! I'm very happy for you. You are giving yourself the best possible gift, sobriety.

Rahul, glad you are back on track as well. Everything will be OK, as long as you don't drink

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

not giving up
                      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Same here Jennie.
                        :thanks: :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1572423 wrote: not giving up
                          HopingCarnations;1572448 wrote:
                          Same here Jennie.
                          As long as you aren't giving up, you have the chance to live a life free of this life-wrecking burden.

But what is going to be different tomorrow or next week or on January 1 that isn't true today?

There is nothing to wait for that is going to make it easier and each day you drink, there is the possibility of reaching a new "rock bottom" - perhaps a bottom that takes this away from you as a choice. It isn't worth the risk of harming yourself or someone else - especially since you know you are going to do this eventually. To be done with thinking about alcohol essentially all the time, as I bet you are now, is such a great gift that is in your power
                          to give yourself.

Don't wait to hit a "rock bottom:" to take the action you've already decided that at some point you'll take - have yesterday be the last day of your life that you drank with today the first day of the best life you can live.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar,

That brought tears to my eyes. Good tears Thank you.
                            :thanks: :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Lucky! We are so happy to have you here in the nest with us. I'm with Lav- sounds like you are off to a great start. Today is also day 6 for me, and I am feeling great about that!

Hi TJAF, RW, Lav, Dave, Raul, Jennie, Hoping and N.S.

Lots more meetings this morning, so will check in when I can. Make it a great day everyone

:h Star
                              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning fellow nesters!!
                                NoSugar, wow, that was a very powerful post...so true....I am full of "If only's"!!!
                                If I had started sooner, I could have saved a year of medical problems and the almost demise of my 24 year marriage! Tomorrow never comes in our world of addiction, you have to make it happen right now. Make a decision and stick to it by gosh, with everything you've got! It comes down to a single decision... either you are sober, or you're not. It's a lot like being pregnant! Make the decision and you will NEVER be sorry.
                                GREAT job, everyone! Each day you put between you and AL is a WIN!! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X